• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

POST-MATCH STRUCTURED REVIEWS

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Hi all (mods please simply delete if overkill)

Many on here like to post a thorough review of the matches. I personally love this but often they are 'TL;DR' in nature. In the past this was quite common in match threads but due to the frustrating nature of our results, those threads become endless pages of emotions and knee-jerk.

I'd like this thread to be a place where simple reviews can be made which follow a template/structure. In my opinion it should be a STRICTLY NO REPLY thread.

Match Review structure.
Let's keep it fairly simple yet broad enough to appeal to all. Arsenal only. Who cares about the opposition we focus on us.

PLAYER RATINGS
Usual 1-10 format with MAX twenty word comment

MANAGER RATING
1-10 format. Comment if necessary. I'd base this on tactics, personnel selection and subs.

REF RATING
Optional and possibly controversial. A simple 1-10 here and a cuss word will suffice (If you score a ref higher than 5 and fail to call him an utter cvnt we'll assume you're trolling\lying\opposition fan)

Let me start
STARTERS
Cech - 6 Thought he was okay but looked nervy when they closed us.
Bellerin - 6 Looks better attacking than defending.
Mustafi - 5 Looks lost at times. Doesn't inspire confidence
Sokratis - 5 Am I being silly still being concerned about his pace?
Monreal - 7 Underrated player. Gives some security but not 100% match fit.
Guendouzi - 9 He'd get a 10 if I wasn't forced to be 100% honest.. What a signing. Looks confident.
Xhaka - 4 I feel like a broken record when I say he is a card liability. Card collector.
Mikhi - 5 Where's the confidence. Flashes of 'wow'-s followed by a lot of ' where is he'-s
Özil - 4 Where are you Mesut...
Iwobi - 9 Thought he was our second best player today. Turned my head.
Auba - 5 Please shake this 'disappears in big games' tag.
SUBS
Ramsey - 7 Thought he was better but still leaves us very unbalanced
Laca - 4 Ineffective. I rate him and was thus very disappointed.
Torreira - 7 Good cameo I felt. Needs to bulk up but got stuck in. Bit naive at times.. pace of the league has him in shock.

MANAGER RATING
Unai - 5 Two harsh lessons in a tough league. He may feel hard done by because twice we brought the game back. Hoping he's drawn worthwhile lessons from today. I believe he will

REF RATING
Atkinson - 1 What an utter cvnt.

Last edited:

Jae

Cech - 7 Some good saves, clearly not the best with the ball at his feet but didn't do much wrong today
Bellerin - 5 I just don't see the point in him, as a RB he is useless. Might as well be playing RW for us at the minute.
Mustafi - 4 Just lost for words, he is intent on playing Cech into trouble with some of those back passes
Sokratis - 6 Solid but clearly lacks a yard of pace, needs a better CB Partner.
Monreal - 7 Just goes about his business, can't ask for more. Made the odd mistake but who didn't.
Guendouzi - 9 The lad is head and shoulders above everyone else in our team at the minute, it's actually an embarrassment. Looks like he's been playing for us for years.
Xhaka - 5 Don't feel like he did much wrong but then again he didn't do much right either. Another anonymous performance.
Mikhi - 6 Not bad but not good either. One of the players to blame for the loss.
Özil - 4 Just drop him, we've honestly got nothing to lose. He's not done anything to prove his worth thus far.
Iwobi - 9 I personally really like Iwobi. Feel like you can play him in any position in the team and he'll do a job. Still think he is better playing deeper. Should start in CM along with Doozy and Torreira next game.
Auba - 5 Anonymous and was the other player to blame for the loss today. Spooned a glorious effort. Can't seem to keep himself onside either, it's like the second coming of Theo Walcott.

SUBS
Ramsey
- 5 Meh, another pointless player. Plays for himself and not the team.
Laca - 5 Not the best, gave the ball away for their 3rd goal. Probably would have buried Aubameyangs chance though.
Torreira - 7 I like the look of him, didn't have a great impact on the game but seems to have a bit more tenacity that Xhaka. Not scared of putting his body on the line or sticking a foot in.

MANAGER RATING
Unai
- 6 Drop Bellerin, Özil and Xhaka and then start Lacazette upfront and Aubameyang out wide. Well done for starting Iwobi.

Feel sorry for him to be honest, he clearly hasn't got the players with the ability or desire to make this new system work. Think it's going to take a fair few windows to sort out. Just hope he gets the backing from the board. Think it's gonna be the EL or bust for us this year.

Sarri - 7 - That Hazard/Kovacic double substitution was what won them the game. Unfortunately for us we have got anyone of that caliber that we can bring off them bench.

REF RATING
Atkinson
- 5 Can't stand him but didn't have any big decisions to make so can't criticise him too harshly. Didn't really have much influence of the game if at all.

HBL

Established Member
Cech - 7, good performance from Cech, made some solid saves.
Bellerin - 4, Decent attacking presence at points during the game but useless defensively.
Mustafi - 5, Average cb at best really, was convinced we would sell him this summer, another shaky performance from him.
Sokratis - 5, Inconsistent performance. Don’t think the CB pairing of him & Mustafi is ever going to work.
Monreal - 7, solid as always. The best member of our defence by a mile today.
Xhaka - 4, still not sure what his purpose in the team is. Seems to be a player that really splits opinion amongst fans. Didn’t really do anything to impose himself on the game, would bench him for a while.
Guendouzi - 9, he was very good at times against City , today he was brilliant. Far more assured, good on the ball and puts in a massive shift defensively.
Iwobi - 8, Impressive today, I’m not his biggest fan but he took is opportunity today. Some of his decision making is still questionable at best.
Özil - 3, he went missing again. HAS to do more.
Mkhitaryan - 7, if there was ever a performance to sum up his time at club it would be this one. Easily the most hot and cold player I’ve seen in a while.
Auba - 5, He was poor today like he was last week. Struggling to have any effect on the games in big matches so far for us. No doubt in my mind that he’ll start delivering soon though.

Torreira - 7, one shaky moment whilst on the ball but other than that he played well. Hope to see him start next weekend.
Ramsey - 5, a few nice touches but didn’t really do much to influence the game.
Lacazette -5, think we held more of an attacking threat when he came on, compared to the rest of the second half.
Sloppy passage of play from him in the build up to the third Chelsea goal.

Unai - 5
Couldn’t ask for a much tougher start as manager. Will learn more over the next couple of months, it will take time for things to click. Possibly another 2-3 transfer windows but I hope we stick with Emery and back him in those transfer windows.

Defensively we have been awful so far this season. Just adding Sokratis never looked like being enough, Emery has been a bit naive in not recruiting another cb; not helped by the lack of finances of course. However, loaning Chambers wasn’t the smartest idea.

Atkinson - 6, didn’t really have much to do.

Starting XI I’m hoping for next weekend:

Cech/Leno
Lich - Mustafi - Sokratis - Nacho
Torreira - Guendouzi
Mkhi - Özil - Auba
Lacazette

TheArsenalis

Wasn't a good game for us, we had a 25 minute spell where we should've crushed them but we were wasteful. Overall we got bypassed in the first 25 minutes way too easy. They were cutting us apart. There passing we sharp and they moved the ball well, forcing us into a helpless state.

Not much we could've done except be more aggressive, and those were met with cards.

Second half, was easier but couldn't find an attacking edge.

Chelsea team was set up to cut off supply zone knowing we ddnt exactly had pace hurt them from deep. they pushed high and pretty much stifled our players.

The only we could've done was stay structured, wait our turn and take our chances.

Top Bottom