• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre/post match activities

jerome2158

Established Member
I used the word activities, but I'm not going to lie, sub in the word drinking and that's essentially what I meant.

So in short, I'm new to london, I'm only here for a few months, so I really want to try to get the entire arsenal experience. I've already purchased a membership, and a ticket to west brom, as thats the only match available for RM at the moment.

I don't really want to go all the way to the stadium, then stand around for a bit, before going to my seat and waiting for the match to start

So those of you with experience...what do you recommend? I know there must be some pub or someplace similar where a lot of gooners go before a match.

thanks

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
jerome, I'm going to leave a shadow in place, but move this to the fans' section as I think you'll get more views there.

jerome2158

Established Member
ah thank you, I wasn't sure where to post it, so I figured if it was in the dump, at the very least it'd save you mods some moving/deleting.

xcdude24

Established Member
There's about a million and a half pubs in the area.if you're looking for something cheap, theres a few wetherspoons in the area. The coronet is on holloway road, and is in an old movie theater. There's also one right across the street from the Highbury and Islington tube, but that's a bit of a walk. I also recommend the Twelve Pins in Finsbury Park(which is also good for catching away matches, including 3 o'clock kickoffs), as well as the Woodbine and the Bank of Friendship, both of which are a stone's throw from each other on Blackstock road.

James

Established Member
Yeah, Woodbine and/or Twelve Pins are usually my two watering holes.

Depending on whether i'm meeting mugs from here or not.

asajoseph

Established Member
God, I hope that game doesn't put you off coming back!!!

For what it's worth, I quite like the Gunners, as well as the pubs the other guys have mentioned - they've made a bit more effort with the Arsenal decor than some of the other pubs in the area too, and I usually head down there for away games that are on normal (i.e. not illegal) Sky.

jerome2158

Established Member
I was at the 12 pins for the CC match vs tottenham which was great for my first real Arsenal experience.

As for the match...well, let's just say that it would have been infinitely worse had I watched it on TV. Being there though was a good enough experience to somewhat outweigh the loss. In any case, I'm picking up tickets for nearly every home game from now to christmas, simply because I don't know when I'll be back and able to go again, so i might as well make the most of it

Top Bottom