• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-Season 18/19

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

There really is such an emphasis on training videos now, I like it. Hope it's not all show tho iygm.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Nice to see the emphasis on pressing collectively, something that has been incredibly poor over the last years.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So looking at the line ups.

-------------------Cech
---Bellerin-Sok-Mav-Osei
-----------------Amn
----------Willock--ESR
Nelson-------------------------Jeff
------------Perez--Eddie

Vs

--------------Auba----Laca

Mkhi----------------------------Apkom
------------Ramsey---Guendozi
------------------Chambers
Kola-------Holding--Mustafi-Jenkinskon

----------------------Martinez

12 vs 12 probably makes it harder to play out from the back. Still a clever video as it gives no inclination as to how he wants to play. Is he working on a diamond because of the 2 up top? Or a 4 4 2. Interesting that Laca and Auba are together.

One thing is for certain. We have waaay too many players.

Impact

Established Member
Willock prominent in that training match. Lots of touches on the ball. Jeff looked sprightly aswell!

I think Willock could be a good #6 personally.

If Emery's time at PSG is anything to go by, I think he will want an exceptional ball player at #6, and the best of what we have right now is Xhaka and, from reports, Guendouzi. Willock strikes me as best suited to a box-to-box role as an interior in a three man midfield as it makes use of his athleticism and solid, if unspectacular, ability in both areas of the pitch.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Leno played. Not surprised we arranged the game with the 10 day gap.

Just seen a few more pictures on Facebook - looks like it was a full strength team.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Is it still a bit surreal to anyone else that a club who has featured such underwhelming strike options in recent years now has a partnership of Laca and Auba?
I think it has to do with Laca's "failure" and a desperate last-ditch attempt to save the season and the manager's job by signing Auba.

The misconception may well work in our favour.

Top Bottom