• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-Season 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,318
  • Views 154,024

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
  • July 8: Nurnberg, Max-Morlock-Stadion, Nuremberg
  • July 16: Everton, M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore
  • July 20: Orlando City, Exploria Stadium, Orlando
  • July 23: Chelsea, Camping World Stadium, Orlando
  • July 30: Sevilla, Emirates Stadium
When do they report back for pre-season training? The week commencing June 27.

What to look out for: This pre-season, Arsenal are planning on two foreign training camps: an initial shorter one in Germany before a US tour which takes in Baltimore and Orlando. The club are also likely to confirm at least a couple more friendlies to ensure sharpness at the start of the season.

The identity of these opponents is yet to be revealed, although there is the possibility some of these will be held behind closed doors at the club’s London Colney training centre. The fixture against Sevilla will form part of a returning Emirates Cup.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hope during the Sevilla game, there is a minute's applause for Reyes.

Would like a double picture of him on the Emirates' screen, one holding the Premier League with us and the other holding the Europa League with them.

Think the club will do something nice.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Bit of a joke these friendlies. The players only get 4 weeks off and then have a World Cup in the middle of the season. I suppose our players playing in these games won’t get back until July?
Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Big big season for Emile Smith Rowe. I want him to nail down the starter position. Him being active basically makes us an instant goal thread - only KDB is better than Smith Rowe on the counter attack.

Need him to stop disappearing though and demand the ball. He's too good to be a passenger.

BIoodBrother

Big big season for Emile Smith Rowe. I want him to nail down the starter position. Him being active basically makes us an instant goal thread - only KDB is better than Smith Rowe on the counter attack.

Need him to stop disappearing though and demand the ball. He's too good to be a passenger.
I hoe you are right. He started 5 games in (A)CM tho and we only won one of them vs Burnley in a scrappy game so he didnt perform like he did in the middle in early 2021.
he obv played more on the left wing and seemed quite unfit compared to his form before the ongoing injury niggles.
I fear that he will mainly be an impact sub and get his starts in EL and cup. this fear is based on raphinha signing and not really a fear but the hope that our level is being raised in general. i hope he can keep up with it and improve so that he'll be on one level with saka (again)

Last edited:

rockofcashel

first time in a while I'm actually looking firward to it.. reports tonight that Jesus is done and dusted and with the other 3 already in, just a few more signings and we're good to go.

Nothing as bad as tge last few years trying to get some cut price last minute signing four weeks after the season starts and then spend another 4 weeks integrating them. Had a feeling that's what Tielemans was going to turn into

rockofcashel

Said we'd need 6-7 new players.. four got, Nketiah staying is like 5.. two more and we're set.. another midfielder and a left back

Pretty decent squad if we're honest

Ramsdale
Turner

Tomi, Tierney, Holding, White, Gabriel, Cedric, Tavares, AN other

Saka, Smith Rowe, Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga, El Neny, Ødegaard, "Raphinha", Martinelli

Jesus, Nketiah,

Who am I missing?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Hats off to yall who watches pre season games, better supporters then me, haven’t watched one since we faced city in Gothenburg 2016 (Elneny masterclass and peps first game)

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Said we'd need 6-7 new players.. four got, Nketiah staying is like 5.. two more and we're set.. another midfielder and a left back

Pretty decent squad if we're honest

Ramsdale
Turner

Tomi, Tierney, Holding, White, Gabriel, Cedric, Tavares, AN other

Saka, Smith Rowe, Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga, El Neny, Ødegaard, "Raphinha", Martinelli

Jesus, Nketiah,

Who am I missing?
Maybe EL knock out rounds then

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Not sure if this is the right place to put this. Hereford FC of the National League North, have a Pre Season Friendly with Arsenal u23's, on Wednesday 13th July, 7:45pm. The match is being played at Edgar Street.
Me and a fellow Gloucester City AFC supporter have bought Tickets for the Match. Chance to have a look at Hereford FC, with Gloucester being in the same league. There is segregation, we have Tickets in the Away seated area.

Reactions: A_G

Latest posts+

Top Bottom