• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly #2: MLS All-Stars vs Arsenal - July 28, 7:30pm EDT (July 29, 12:30am UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Just watched it on replay. Decent game from us. Suffered from a lack of polish in the final third, but some good performances.

Ox, Elnenny, and Xhaka were great. Xhaka is so smooth, we are going to love this guy. Campbell was decent too but faded hard in the second before he came off.

Thought all the young CBs looked pretty good as well.

Theo looked like he did last year unfortunately.

And Nacho wins the game as usual.

Also love watching some of young un's play. Just watching kids like Iwobi , Jeff and Gideon receive and pass - their technique is so smooth .

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Just watched it on replay. Decent game from us. Suffered from a lack of polish in the final third, but some good performances.

Ox, Elnenny, and Xhaka were great. Xhaka is so smooth, we are going to love this guy. Campbell was decent too but faded hard in the second before he came off.

Thought all the young CBs looked pretty good as well.

Theo looked like he did last year unfortunately.

And Nacho wins the game as usual.
Cheeky bid for Lewandowski ?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Went to bed at half time, had to be up at **** o'clock. Hardly any sleep and Drogba scored obviously.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@4R5Emaniac The main reason I don't want Zelalem on loan is that most of these PL loans are rubbish. He needs to go to a passing side but a lot of these lower half teams just don't have the time for that.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Drogba scored. Standard.

Least a few boys got a run out and are progressing toward fitness. And no injuries. Good news stories.

On a side note I'm glad to see we are in the states for a pre season, when was the last time we were there?

Plutarch

Detailed analysis on Akpom PLEASE.
I thought he was completely ineffective, demonstrating that he'll never be a premier league striker, though in the end he did manage to be in the right place to tap the ball in the net, so that's something. On the other hand, other people were more impressed with him.

Bashii

Walcott had an absolute stinker. Embarrassing watching him play, One hundred and forty of your finest per fu*king week for the lad. He must be embarrassed himself that he can earn that much and play that kind of football.

He had so much time and space in the first half, he had no idea what to do with the ball. Shocking. There's not a PL team in the league that will give him half that time and space.

I don't care for his off the ball movement, he makes predictable runs that have a low %age chance of working and when he should be using his explosive pace, for eg, when someone is running to the byline to cross the ball, he jogs in that annoying upright way and makes no effort to get across his man or make himself available.

In other words, max effort when there is a low %age chance of him receiving the ball. min effort when he actually has a chance to get on the end of something.

I'm so done with this bloke.

arsmile

Established Member
the only player in our squad who didn't come out looking decent was Walcott

but then he's the worst professional footballer on the planet

MLK

@4R5Emaniac The main reason I don't want Zelalem on loan is that most of these PL loans are rubbish. He needs to go to a passing side but a lot of these lower half teams just don't have the time for that.
With the money in the Premier League nowadays, no team is going to take the risk and play him that often. You've got to loan him though, no sense in him staying here and playing 10 games for the season.

Another loan to Rangers or a club in the Championship would be good. They could loan him outside of the UK but that's generally a goodbye loan. Plus, that would put an end to him being considered homegrown in the future.

Can I get some recap from my favorite and most knowledgeable posters on here? @Tir Na Nog and @Trilly ?

And spare me the negativity about individual players because a) we were playing a team in form and b) Wenger's idea of players figuring it out by them selves doesn't help them at all in first few games of the season were our best players are still on vacation.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can I get some recap from my favorite and most knowledgeable posters on here? @Tir Na Nog and @Trilly ?

And spare me the negativity about individual players because a) we were playing a team in form and b) Wenger's idea of players figuring it out by them selves doesn't help them at all in first few games of the season were our best players are still on vacation.
Willock looks like a good prospect, looked intelligent on the ball and you can see that he's technically brilliant (like all our youngsters tbh), the good thing is you can see he's still playing within himself. He hasn't even utilised his dribbling which is his best attribute.

Jeff could be a fantastic attacking CM, reminds me of Pogba a little bit. Zelalem was very impressive when he came on, not even sure why but he just came on and looked so assured, always picked the right pass. Xhaka is quality, going to help our midfield transitions so well although he wasn't tested defensively.

Holding also looked good, very good but it's early days. Iwobi didn't have the best of games but he wasn't bad either, Ox played well he really is a fantastic dribbler just a shame he can't seem to play like this at PL level.

I know it's pre-season but Joel Campbell and Theo just aren't good enough imo, Debuchy has lost it but I wouldn't mind him as backup RB and I'm seriously concerned about Chambers. (Sorry for the little bit negativity :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom