• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly #2: MLS All-Stars vs Arsenal - July 28, 7:30pm EDT (July 29, 12:30am UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was explosive , remember yeas ago Diaby was on a marauding run , Agbonlahor was hot on his heels , Diaby actually pulled away from him . Was an eye opener even the pundits were in shock . Have seen Rooney try to haul him back illegally from behind and Diaby just stiff armed him .
Jeff needs to use his acceleration more. He is similar to Diaby in that both have good technique and are very good dribblers in addition to being relatively tall and powerful (probably moreso in Diaby's case). I'd probably trust Diaby more in front of goal, while Jeff's potentially a better creator. Think if Jeff uses his power and pace a little bit more he'll be extremely difficult to deal with. Think he plays very casual sometimes.

BobP

Memri Fan
He was explosive , remember yeas ago Diaby was on a marauding run , Agbonlahor was hot on his heels , Diaby actually pulled away from him . Was an eye opener even the pundits were in shock . Have seen Rooney try to haul him back illegally from behind and Diaby just stiff armed him .

Diaby was an absolute weapon, could tear through defenses.

I remember a goal he scored in 2008-2009 against Villa, got out of a tight spot up against two opposition players with a nifty bit of skill, laid it off to Eboue and Diaby followed Eboue all the way who proceeded to lay it off to Diaby who lashed it into the net.

That piece of play epitmoised him, technical ability, running power, strength, intelligence.

And then there was that goal against Newcastle where he just waltzed through the middle of their defense playing 1-2s.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Jeff needs to use his acceleration more. He is similar to Diaby in that both have good technique and are very good dribblers in addition to being relatively tall and powerful (probably moreso in Diaby's case). I'd probably trust Diaby more in front of goal, while Jeff's potentially a better creator. Think if Jeff uses his power and pace a little bit more he'll be extremely difficult to deal with. Think he plays very casual sometimes.

I haven't seen a lot of him but he strikes me as a bloke that finds junior footy too easy at times . Hopefully he gets pushed hard now he is part of the first squad .

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
Arsenal young gun Akpom wins MLS All-Star MVP

Arsenal youngster Chuba Akpom was named the MLS All-Star MVP for his fine performance on Thursday night.

Arsenal grabbed a narrow 2-1 victory over the Major League Soccer select in the AT&T All-Star Game at the Avaya Stadium in San Jose and the star of the show for the Gunners was young striker Akpom, who managed to score the winner in the 87th minute of the game.

In addition to the goal, Akpom produced a fine all-round performance throughout the course of the match and was duly handed the MLS All-Star game's Most Valuable Player award.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...-mls-all-star-mvp-4140048#VbPF0dxEM40MUCOl.99

9jagooner

I've watched Willock several times and you would think that with his attacking strength he must be weak defensively. That's not true at all. He's actually very good defensively and he's one player I seriously look forward to see in the first team playing alongside Özil, Alexis. him and Mavididi

9jagooner

Arsenal young gun Akpom wins MLS All-Star MVP

Arsenal youngster Chuba Akpom was named the MLS All-Star MVP for his fine performance on Thursday night.

Arsenal grabbed a narrow 2-1 victory over the Major League Soccer select in the AT&T All-Star Game at the Avaya Stadium in San Jose and the star of the show for the Gunners was young striker Akpom, who managed to score the winner in the 87th minute of the game.

In addition to the goal, Akpom produced a fine all-round performance throughout the course of the match and was duly handed the MLS All-Star game's Most Valuable Player award.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...-mls-all-star-mvp-4140048#VbPF0dxEM40MUCOl.99
These guys probably mixed up Chamberlain and Akpom

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Would like to see us hold on to a few more youngster this season instead of everyone going on loan.

akhil

I was at the game. Good lord there are ton of arsenal fans around the bay area.

Agree with most of everything said.
El Neny was really good first half, very disciplined. It was weird seeing Coq charge up the pitch and be the closest to Walcott when we had the ball. Wilshere made no effort to get closer to Walcott.

Really impressed with Holding. He definitely isn't 6 feet. He's bigger for sure. Him and Chambers were right in front of me and at set pieces he looked bigger than Xhaka when they stood next to each other. Bellerin and Ox switching on the after burners is a sight alright.

Kinda sucked the second half cause all the youngsters were in the other end of the pitch and I had a close up view of Walcott messing up over and over again in first half. Also, Wilshere is weirdly big. He looks unbalanced almost, so top heavy. Xhaka has this sense of authority carries himself like a tough mofo, both him and Holding were talking a lot on pitch.

Willock and Zelalem are nowhere near physically ready, both talented as f**k but damn they looked tiny among that lot.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I've got the highlights on, lmao before the game started they had a fly over?!

The highlights on Arsenal.com are abysmal. They don't show any build up, clip of Campbell winning a penalty started almost with him falling over... ****** editor.

edit: **** it looks like I'll have to watch the full thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom