• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-Season Friendly #4: Viking FK vs Arsenal FC - Fri. Aug. 5th, 19:30 (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessygoal

Shoutout to Jeff, he made good work out of the CM position. It really seems to make the most of his attributes, with his lack of goals becoming less of an issue.
He is a tidy player, but he defends like Diaby, and that's not a good thing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Few thoughts:

- Bielik's passing from the back was fun to watch. Holding came on and was pretty decent.

- Cazorla getting back to fitness and his passing and awareness looks good. Great strike too.

- Was glad Walcott got a goal, but he was still very poor on the ball overall.

- I thought Jeff and Zelalem had interesting games in midfield. Think those guys have a future in deep midfield.

- Iwobi looks sharper than he did in the last couple of games. Really want to see him add goals, he'd be so invaluable if he does.

- Ox had a nice first half. His momentum calmed down a bit but still going.

- Akpom didn't touch the ball more than a few times but he got a goal. He keeps getting goals in those poaching positions. He needs to build on that while gaining confidence. He's got a nose for those little opportunities in this Arsenal team - that might prove a useful asset. Wenger's always wanted a poacher.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It was a good physical and technical workout. CB is a worry and we really need a striker.Making tackles in MF is a bit of a concern without Coq-nobody else seems to know how. It's all about the selection from Wenger this year.
On the plus side, anything Sp**s can do we can do better.....

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
At least he's got something going for him. His all-round game is really lacking this pre-season. He's playing really high up and not getting touches at all to show what he's made of. Glad he's scoring but he needs to be doing much, much better IMO.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I think it's called GPSports
is it a monopoly, i thought that it was something that appearead and every sportswhearing company was manufacturing.
thats a ****ing pile of money right there.
the guy who invented the spray for the free kicks is Argentinian, he made a fortune by repackaging shaving foam, legend.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Akpom is barely championship level, no matter how bad Theo has been he's a better option than Akpom(who hasn't even had a better preseason than Theo from what I've seen). This is such a joke though, I might even be for trying Sanchez or someone else as a striker. I'm so desperate now I'd welcome any striker.
It can't be a coincidence that Akpom keeps scoring. They've both been bad but at least one has natural striker instincts.

Funny you mention championship level, I honestly think the Theo we're seeing now is also championship level.

I still don't see why Iwobi can't be a central striker.
would have played him upfront today tbh, he's done it very well at youth level. Don't think he'll get another opportunity to play upfront now.

crazyman

Akpom is barely championship level, no matter how bad Theo has been he's a better option than Akpom(who hasn't even had a better preseason than Theo from what I've seen). This is such a joke though, I might even be for trying Sanchez or someone else as a striker. I'm so desperate now I'd welcome any striker.

Akpom isn't an odious coward with a loser mentality as far as I can tell.

At least he's got something going for him. His all-round game is really lacking this pre-season. He's playing really high up and not getting touches at all to show what he's made of. Glad he's scoring but he needs to be doing much, much better IMO.

To be fair I think it is all about getting balanced team that play together week and week out. I think he needs players who are on same wavelength. Today was all Iwobi show and Akpom and Willock got lost in all that.

If we do not sign striker and Akpom scores in next friendly I see no other than playing him at the start of the season. His movement is good but his involvement is lacking. I think that can be improved up on bit more sharpness and team cohesion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom