• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-Season Friendly #4: Viking FK vs Arsenal FC - Fri. Aug. 5th, 19:30 (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I still don't see why Iwobi can't be a central striker.
He keeps scoring and making good runs, finding the right positions to go with his all-round game, he'll become one sooner or later. Iwobi's almost too versatile for his own good.

It can't be a coincidence that Akpom keeps scoring. They've both been bad but at least one has natural striker instincts.
This is it. He's keeping it basic, simplifying. It's not ideal but it's a start. He looks better and more threatening in the Arsenal team than he does in any of the teams he's been on loan at.

To be fair I think it is all about getting balanced team that play together week and week out. I think he needs players who are on same wavelength. Today was all Iwobi show and Akpom and Willock got lost in all that.

If we do not sign striker and Akpom scores in next friendly I see no other than playing him at the start of the season. His movement is good but his involvement is lacking. I think that can be improved up on bit more sharpness and team cohesion!

Yeah, Iwobi has not only grown as a player but he's also grown in stature. He's become a very big personality in the Arsenal team, whereas players like Willock and even Akpom are feeling their way into contention rather than grabbing it with both hands the way Iwobi did in such a short space of time. I think that's why Jeff is so close - big personality.

I will always maintain that Akpom's development was harmed by the signing of Sanogo. His opportunities should have been Akpom's IMO, that's when he was hot, he was raw but he was 17 and scoring for fun at youth level. Getting a proper run at that time would have been far more beneficial to him and his development than the sh*t loans he went on. Granted, he didn't perform well on them, but not all young loanees do before they get the opportunity and end up succeeding. He should have played here.

Akpom's at least starting to use his movement again. He's getting in good positions in the box and finding the net. A goal's a goal. He just needs to keep getting in those positions in competitive games. Especially if he does get the nod for Arsenal at some point in the first set of games this season. The rest will come if he keeps scoring.

Akpom's at least starting to use his movement again. He's getting in good positions in the box and finding the net. A goal's a goal. He just needs to keep getting in those positions in competitive games. Especially if he does get the nod for Arsenal at some point in the first set of games this season. The rest will come if he keeps scoring.

His allround game is a lot better than we see now. Give him few games with Sanchez, Özil, Ramsey, Xhaka, Cazorla behind him and not only will he keep up those poacher goals but also grow in his allround game. Or at least that is what I hope.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His allround game is a lot better than we see now. Give him few games with Sanchez, Özil, Ramsey, Xhaka, Cazorla behind him and not only will he keep up those poacher goals but also grow in his allround game. Or at least that is what I hope.
I've seen his all-round game. Been watching him play since U18s. He's got the all-round game. He can pass, he can dribble, he can run the channels effectively - I've seen him do it so he has the capacity. It's all about translating that to the first team picture. ANd you're right - the best environment IMO is the one he's currently in.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Let's slow down on the Akpom praise though...He scored a couple of goals any blind man would score. He stank the joint last year in the championship. Let's see what he does in regular games first. I have never been impressed by him. Hopefully, he will prove me wrong.
For my money though, Iwobi and Jeff have much more potential.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They were an insult to Vikings, tbh.

Viking FK is close to where I live, and even though I am not a supporter, I know them quite well.

In the first half they played more or less their first eleven. In the second half they made wholesale changes. The reason for that is their upcoming league game.

The gulf in class between the Norwegian League and Arsenal is such that fielding a second string as Viking did the second half, is going to hurt, a lot. Sadly I did not have tickets for the game, but a few friends were over, and all were going on about Cazorla.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Just got back from work so I missed the game, how'd Lacazette play?

GunnerShy

Would like to see Iwobi start at CF against Man city. He's everything Walcott is not, looks so much more assured on the ball. Reality is, even if we sign a striker and CB next week it's unlikely they'll be ready to go for Liverpool. Which is a massive failure on Arsenals behalf.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I really thought Bielik has a future with us. Made up my mind on youtube once again but elements is all you need to see and imagination. Couldn't give a **** what he did or didn't do in the reserves.

As for Elneny, me and @Lancelot are visionaries of the future. He is going to be first choice midfielder by the end of the season, fitness permitting.

And Akpom can't go away this season. Banging on about for sometime. Firstly, on youtube but hey.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Iwobi is a certain starter in my opinion and because of him we could probably get away with Sanchez up top especially with the Ox looking as sharp as he does.

We barely played Alexis there. This whole it doesn't work is rubbish in my opinion. He just needs the right system and time. Rooney and Tevez took about 10 games to click, Alexis has all the qualities to play there.

Apkom I'm not sure about. Scoring a goal in pre season should mean nothing to you. You should just laugh it off or be calm when celebrating with an aura of arrogance. I don't doubt he has talent but he lacks the mental capacity to be a top striker. Celebrating a tap in like it's a Champions League winner, you'd think he was 16.

4R5Emaniac

Iwobi is a certain starter in my opinion and because of him we could probably get away with Sanchez up top especially with the Ox looking as sharp as he does.

We barely played Alexis there. This whole it doesn't work is rubbish in my opinion. He just needs the right system and time. Rooney and Tevez took about 10 games to click, Alexis has all the qualities to play there.

Apkom I'm not sure about. Scoring a goal in pre season should mean nothing to you. You should just laugh it off or be calm when celebrating with an aura of arrogance. I don't doubt he has talent but he lacks the mental capacity to be a top striker. Celebrating a tap in like it's a Champions League winner, you'd think he was 16.
Doesn't have to be a top striker. He is an academy player and deserves a shot in the first team and I'm sure he has something to give next season. Beyond that will depend on what he does.

Scoring a goal means a lot to him. Its a good sign. Last preseason he was way too desperate and his time at Hull whether it was great/good surely calmed his nerves. He has it in him to add to the squad this season. I'm sure of it.

Iwobi shouldn't be a certain starter either. I love him but he'll gradually and eventually get there. He is someone who can become a top player for sure.

4R5Emaniac

blasphemy :p
To be honest, when you think about it and tone it down to two individual players, Cazorla has that extra skill and ability-in both feet- who can find a solution in most situations. With Cesc its the pass, the vision and the perfection of the pass. Accuracy with vision.

Off topic, but Wes Sneijder is Mr. Accuracy in shooting, passing and two footed but has the overall game of Charlie Adam. How he plays and applies.

#BRINGONTHEHATEFORSHUTKI

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To be honest, when you think about it and tone it down to two individual players, Cazorla has that extra skill and ability-in both feet- who can find a solution in most situations. With Cesc its the pass, the vision and the perfection of the pass. Accuracy with vision.

Off topic, but Wes Sneijder is Mr. Accuracy in shooting, passing and two footed but has the overall game of Charlie Adam. How he plays and applies.

#BRINGONTHEHATEFORSHUTKI
Cesc is a legend, he's won more medals than anyone at AFC

Sniejder is awesome, but too individualistic...like Riquelme. Adams is okay, but has no vision

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Cesc is a legend, he's won more medals than anyone at AFC

Sniejder is awesome, but too individualistic...like Riquelme. Adams is okay, but has no vision

petr_cech_3543173k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom