• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-Season Friendly #4: Viking FK vs Arsenal FC - Fri. Aug. 5th, 19:30 (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't have to be a top striker. He is an academy player and deserves a shot in the first team and I'm sure he has something to give next season. Beyond that will depend on what he does.

Scoring a goal means a lot to him. Its a good sign. Last preseason he was way too desperate and his time at Hull whether it was great/good surely calmed his nerves. He has it in him to add to the squad this season. I'm sure of it.

Iwobi shouldn't be a certain starter either. I love him but he'll gradually and eventually get there. He is someone who can become a top player for sure.

What has Apkom done to deserve a start at Arsenal? Scored in a few friendlies, scored a few for Hull and then threw his toys out of the pram meaning he basically got dropped for the entire season. Now I am meant to believe that he is showing signs of being a top striker? And what is that exactly? Scoring tap ins and missing chances from 10 yards in a pressureless friendly. Oh but wait, he poached goals when he was 17. Irrespective of Walcott's flaws, he has proven that he can actually score goals and that he can actually survive when missing a chance at goal. Running the channels in Youth football is meaningless. Unlike Iwobi, Apkom doesn't even look physically ready to play as a lone forward. He is definitely one of our most overrated academy products.

What has Apkom done to deserve a start at Arsenal? Scored in a few friendlies, scored a few for Hull and then threw his toys out of the pram meaning he basically got dropped for the entire season. Now I am meant to believe that he is showing signs of being a top striker? And what is that exactly? Scoring tap ins and missing chances from 10 yards in a pressureless friendly. Oh but wait, he poached goals when he was 17. Irrespective of

But he did more than poaching goals when he was 17. He actually was a big talent in the academy why many want to put a leap of faith him in him when we Giroud is out and we don't have any in and out strikers.

And who was trying to make you believe he was showing signs of being a top striker?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But he did more than poaching goals when he was 17. He actually was a big talent in the academy why many want to put a leap of faith him in him when we Giroud is out and we don't have any in and out strikers.

And who was trying to make you believe he was showing signs of being a top striker?

What did he do at 17?

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh

This and as I've stated pretty clearly, he doesn't have to become a top striker. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough but I have faith in him.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Haven't seen the game. How did Bielik do?

He was fantastic.
At the end, just like in previous game, he made some mistakes. I would say it has to do with his age. He started terrific. Spreaded some long and short passes with such ease and confidence, I did not see that coming. Was also very comanding and strong in duels, on the floor and in the air. As I said, just like against Mls, as the game went on and as he became so good, he got so confident and relaxed it made him misplace some easy passes or had some poor first touches. IMO all of those were the product of his age. Its hard to be 18, play so well for such a club, and not get overexcited.
But I like it. It tells u about his mentality...
Am really impressed with him. There is a very good player in him, cant wait to see more of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom