• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly #5: Arsenal FC vs Manchester City FC. - Sunday, August 7th - 6:00pm (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Don't want to mate, you're right. He only had 6 centre backs, Per, Kos, Gabriel, Holding, Chambers and Bielik. Fancy not knowing that he'd need another 2 because of injuries. F*cking negligence of the highest order.

And his medical team clearly hadn't worked on Gabriel, preparing for him that sort of challenge, b*stards.

And he should have made two signings before the Euros. Fancy letting Vardy think about it. He should have gone round to his house, dragged him and forced him to sign. Wenger Out.
Stop chatting bollocks. Nobody is blaming anyone for the injury. And we've been waiting years for a striker. You're a semi intelligent person, stop making terrible arguments. You also know full well Beliek and Holding are not first team options. Not sure why you're taking criticism of Wenger as a personal assault.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Stop chatting bollocks. Nobody is blaming anyone for the injury. And we've been waiting years for a striker. You're a semi intelligent person, stop making terrible arguments. You also know full well Beliek and Holding are not first team options. Not sure why you're taking criticism of Wenger as a personal assault.
Any criticism of Wenger is fine if it's evidence based, even a semi-intelligent person knows that. :lol::lol:

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Yep, gradually people are realising Elneny is a very good player. If he cost £30m he would be far more popular on AM :)

I agree. I'm optimistic about the long key passes Cazorla, Elneny and Xhaka are capable of making. May be what Theo needs to shine. Not sure you can get them all on the pitch together, but not bad options in the totally improbable ney impossible event we run into injury problems.

BobP

Memri Fan
This is Chambers' opportunity to solidify himself in the starting 11.

Wenger will probably bring a CB in now but it won't be until later in the window. Highly doubt we'd get it done before the Liverpool game.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I kept waiting and waiting, for 2 years I've been waiting to see Alexis up top and Theo wide. I went crazy when Theo scored that beauty.

Really liked how Alexis controlled our pressing. Iwobi and Oxlade did well to follow him, and that comes with no surprise. Xhaka also did well feom deep to follow them.

Theo was definitely MOTM. Iwobi behind him, and of course; Elneny in there too.
I wasnt very happy with Cech's reactions on goals they scored, but it's ****ing Cech, I wont worry about it

No need to say moment of the game was Gabriel'a injury. Such a shame.
Hope its not too bad, but it doesn't look like that

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
This is Chambers' opportunity to solidify himself in the starting 11.

Wenger will probably bring a CB in now but it won't be until later in the window. Highly doubt we'd get it done before the Liverpool game.
Quite how we fit one in before the Liverpool game I don't know but he must surely try.

Linson

1. Walcott wasn't half bad for once
2. We have strength in depth for midfield
3. Holding isn't ready for EPL just yet
4. This is Chambers big opportunity
5. Iwobi and Ox could turn out to be monsters
6. Where is Jenkinson?
7. I don't believe Sanchez is a striker

What do people think of Debuchy playing CB? He's aggressive and mobile, decent in the air and could be a useful partner for Chambers, otherwise Monreal is going to be playing there again. I've mentioned it before on here but no one replied...

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Monreal more likely than Debuchy, as Frenchman is not in bigger plans for the season, even tho I like him more as a CB cover.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Amazing that some are using a freak injury to a player to score some cheap points.
Usual sh*te mate. Whatever happens, it was always Wenger's fault for not preparing for it.

A stand could collapse and people would say, "That b*stard Wenger and his useless degree in economics, if he'd have studied engineering this wouldn't have happened."

The game yesterday was good preparation against tough opposition. I liked the tactics and at times we were almost showboating. Walcott surprised many and showed what Wenger must see in training. Elneny looks solid to me and if Wenger can pull off the signings he's been talking about we should be good to go.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I loved the picture of Joe Hart's expression after the third goal, was something like this:

31f8a29bee94d347ef6d39f3090601bf.jpg

1300-2792691[

Pep are some way off coaching the possession based football into this City side. We could have scored 4-5 goals from pressing alone yesterday. And we are not really a good pressing team.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
What do people think of Debuchy playing CB? He's aggressive and mobile, decent in the air and could be a useful partner for Chambers, otherwise Monreal is going to be playing there again. I've mentioned it before on here but no one replied...

No one wants to think about it more like!..;)

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Debuchy's positioning is such that I would loathe to see him at centreback. I think we would be better off with Monreal then. For the best of everyone concerned, we need to offload Debuchy.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Amazing that some are using a freak injury to a player to score some cheap points.
Nobody's done that ffs:lol: All that's being said is if we had actually signed who we needed to by now, we wouldn't be in such a mess. Yet with three weeks to go, we still at least one defender, a winger and a proper striker. The criticism has nothing to do with the ****ing nature of the injury. I don't see why that's not been grasped:lol:

boyinneedofhumor

I'm fine with Monreal temporarily at CB. More concerned with Chambers though. Keep Debuchy off the pitch, please.
Monreal is 1st choice at LB.
Kos is 1st choice at CB.
Bellerin is 1st choice at RB.
Left only another CB - Debuchy or Chambers. Bielik n Holding go into the cup comps.

If u shift Monreal into CB, u need to fix more positions consequently (as LB + CB both appears weakened).

Nobody's done that ffs:lol: All that's being said is if we had actually signed who we needed to by now, we wouldn't be in such a mess. Yet with three weeks to go, we still at least one defender, a winger and a proper striker. The criticism has nothing to do with the ****ing nature of the injury. I don't see why that's not been grasped:lol:

Three weeks? I thought we started next weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom