• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly #5: Arsenal FC vs Manchester City FC. - Sunday, August 7th - 6:00pm (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
It's not the freak injury - it's the inaction since BFG's injury which is alarming and a classic case of Wenger negligence.

We are all speculating here.....How do we know they have not been searching for replacement since then? You know as well as me that it is not like walking into a grocery store and walk out with a can of beans.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We are all speculating here.....How do we know they have not been searching for replacement since then? You know as well as me that it is not like walking into a grocery store and walk out with a can of beans.

Because we're famous for dithering? If reports are to be believed, we put in a low ball bid a few weeks ago and got knocked back, what's happened since then? Crickets and tumbleweeds...

carlito'sway

Established Member
Because we're famous for dithering? If reports are to be believed, we put in a low ball bid a few weeks ago and got knocked back, what's happened since then? Crickets and tumbleweeds...

Again, speculations mate. We don't have any facts in hands...I also read rumors that Valencia wanted a replacement first before letting the player go. So no point of trying to make a mountain of a molehill...

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Again, speculations mate. We don't have any facts in hands...I also read rumors that Valencia wanted a replacement first before letting the player go. So no point of trying to make a mountain of a molehill...

Didn't Valencia come out and confirm the bid? Or at least tacitly so? It seems to be common knowledge that we had a bid rejected. You would think if we had upped our bid, we'd have heard about it by now given how our other bids have been made public by the selling clubs (Lacazette, 'Gladbach)

carlito'sway

Established Member
Didn't Valencia come out and confirm the bid? Or at least tacitly so? It seems to be common knowledge that we had a bid rejected. You would think if we had upped our bid, we'd have heard about it by now given how our other bids have been made public by the selling clubs (Lacazette, 'Gladbach)

Actually, Valencia never confirmed a bid from us. Those were all rumors....

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Okay, they didn't confirm it. Not really a big deal tbh.

What's important is that we're 2-3 weeks from BFG's injury being made public so I would have expected serious wheels in motion to get another defender in considering Arsène had specifically stated he wanted another defender prior to Merte's injury.

Poor planning, incompetence, negligence, whatever you want to call it.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Okay, they didn't confirm it. Not really a big deal tbh.

What's important is that we're 2-3 weeks from BFG's injury being made public so I would have expected serious wheels in motion to get another defender in considering Arsène had specifically stated he wanted another defender prior to Merte's injury.

Poor planning, incompetence, negligence, whatever you want to call it.

Let's try to be factual for once... It has just two weeks since BFG was ruled out. As I said before it is not like one walk in a store a buy a bag of chips, transfers take time and are more complicated than that. So to pretend otherwise is just not being serious.
Anyway, we can speculate all we want and draw our own conclusions. That is always the easiest thing to do.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Let's try to be factual for once... It has just two weeks since BFG was ruled out. As I said before it is not like one walk in a store a buy a bag of chips, transfers take time and are more complicated than that. So to pretend otherwise is just not being serious.
Anyway, we can speculate all we want and draw our own conclusions. That is always the easiest thing to do.

I said 2-3 weeks

No need to nitpick there :lol:

I'm not pretending otherwise. Nowhere have I said transfers are easy. I just tend to think that if we really really really wanted Mustafi he'd already be in an Arsenal shirt.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I said 2-3 weeks

I'm not pretending otherwise. Nowhere have I said transfers are easy. I just tend to think that if we really really really wanted Mustafi he'd already be in an Arsenal shirt.

I like the way you put it. :lol::lol:... Case in point...the worst kept secret transfer this summer...rumored since June only concluded today. Just to show how difficult those are.
Anyway, hopefully this Mustafi saga will be over this week.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I said 2-3 weeks

We do most likely really really really want him but we also want to look clever.

4R5Emaniac

I like the way you put it. :lol::lol:... Case in point...the worst kept secret transfer this summer...rumored since June only concluded today. Just to show how difficult those are.
Anyway, hopefully this Mustafi saga will be over this week.
That's the biggest deal in the history of football. And, there was no desperation. Yet we are desperately in need of 2/3 additions and we seem to not doing much with talks of an injury prone defender on loan from WBA

4R5Emaniac

That was the topic at hand, if you did not notice... :rolleyes:
That doesn't really discredit my argument though. There have been plenty of movement regarding CB's. Even better players than Evans and on a free transfer or much cheaper or would cost as much.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Pep are some way off coaching the possession based football into this City side. We could have scored 4-5 goals from pressing alone yesterday. And we are not really a good pressing team.

I'm wondering how long the City fans will put up with it . Sides are going to press hard because they know goal keeper is under strict instruction to play out .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom