• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly in Beijing: Arsenal vs Chelsea|22/7/17| 1240 BST|ITV1 & Arsenal Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
“I played some boys with a lack of experience in unusual positions to see how they can cope with it,” Wenger told Arsenal Player. “Chelsea went for a regular team from the start on and I had a mix in one half and in the second half. We paid a little bit for it, but despite that, it was not all negative.

“We had some very good moments in the game as well, but we couldn’t score. Overall, I think there were lots of positives in the game. We lacked a bit of experience in decisive positions.

“They [the younger players] learned that every ball at that level is important. You cannot be at 95 per cent in these kind of games.

“You have to be completely 100 per cent committed and they paid for every mistake. The pace of the game was much higher than they are used to. They will go home with plenty of things to think about and hopefully they will learn quickly from it.

“As well, I must say there were a lot of positive from some young players. They have shown personality, quality and that they have a good chance at that level.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this was a deliberate exercise. I think this definitely benefited some players rather than others. Nketiah over the 4 games showed real diligence playing at wing back. Willock showed that his future may actually lie in central midfield rather than attacking midfield - and Nelson shone despite being given a deeper position, and showed enthusiasm throughout. Those 3 in my opinion gained the most from the tour, with Willock being the biggest beneficiary of the 3, Nelson definitely close behind.

OSBK

Established Member
Remember Kos is banned for first 3 games, Gab is injured, really need a c/h to come in.

But still putting anm at cb was a crazy move. Neny on the bench and kos, both came on later in the game. You are right we need another quality cb.

grunger

All things considered, I thought Cohen Bramall did well,for someone with his background to play like he did was remarkable.

neimad

AMN looked lost in the back 3. Felt really bad for him. Don't see how that will help his confidence at all.

Thought Nelson was very good when he came on. Real class about what he does and could have on another day won a pen.

Willock and Malen did well too coming on. Impressed by their attitude.

In fairness the players looked leggy and with the humidity and ****ty pitch it didn't help the cause. As Wenger said he wanted to see how some of the players would perform outside of their comfort zone. Oh well. It's not the end of the world.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

All things considered, I thought Cohen Bramall did well,for someone with his background to play like he did was remarkable.

We might aswell give those Albanian farmers a chance to replace Alexis.

Ewarwoowar

Not bothered at all, We beat them when it mattered, Wenger not bothered either, judging by tactics, it's a bit much to ask to tour 2 far off places in such short space of time and what that entails, travel, jet lag, hot weather, media schmoozing, food tasting:p.

Get back home and get team building proper, I am nervous though that Laca is not the answer to the age old problem We have with park the bus sides, but in these instances a front 2 of Laca and a big guy like a Giroud to bounce off might be more effective.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
ANM made the mistake of being over confident to a level of naivety. Trying a cushioned pass from a high ball to lay off to someone 5yards away is madness. Almost led to a goal.

Key thing for young players...measured confidence. Dont try to do high risk low reward things

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why you picking out on AFTV again? just looking on this page alone shows enough hate on our players...you are such a righteous ****!

Anyone can see that Wenger needs to stop fcuking around with youngsters playing them out of position then calls them out. What about this guy who has from all accounts just robbed this club of £280k+ a week not turning up yet once again gets away without the slightest call out from Wenger? Its about time seniors set an example instead of younger players getting called out. ANM is a good prospect but NOT in RWB or RB If we aint buying a top class fcuking CM then why aint we giving the potential youngsters who are stepping up into senior places the opportunity to fcuking fill it?

Yes this is a freindly but sadly we still see them same old same old from Wenger. Lets hope he wakes up soon to the fact that he has 2 years to deliver a PL or time is closed on his dictatorship forever (I hope at least)
msy.gif

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well, in lieu of the post above, looks like Wenger purposely moved the youngsters around to f*ck with them and see how they would cope :lol:. AMN didn't fare so well unfortunately.
Do you think that this sort of pissing around is beneficial to our young players, what with our now quite sh!t record of youngsters establishing themselves in one position? The list makes quite bad reading.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Do you think that this sort of pissing around is beneficial to our young players, what with our now quite sh!t record of youngsters establishing themselves in one position? The list makes quite bad reading.
Personally, I don't, although it makes sense if there is a clear role in mind for the player and this is to gain more well rounded skills to fulfill said role. The only player to benefit is Joe Willock. And that is because he looks a natural at CM.

Nelson has benefitted somewhat too as he hasn't had to drastically alter his game. My issue is this: what's the point? If there's a goal here than I can understand it. If not, then the player may end up not being great at any role. Iwobi was close to suffering from that and still kinda is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom