• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-Season: Hibernian v Arsenal | Tuesday, July 13 | KO: 18:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth is Taylor-Hart involved? I don't see how Hutchinson is ahead of him.
As far as I know, he isn't involved. Not sure if he's training with the U23s right now either but he hasn't travelled to Scotland. I have a sneaky suspicion he's going on loan and is likely getting games with U23s preseason in preparation.

I do think it's a little weird that Hutchinson travelled and not Taylor-Hart - I surmise that it's due to Hutchinson being able to play LB but we also have Kola and Tavares so still a little weird.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Good to see some of the youngsters getting a run-out. ESR is going to have a big season this year.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Who cares about this, it's a friendly.

Would happily lose all our preseason games, as long as we beat Brentford when the league starts.

Yes, does not matter one bit, it's all about fitness and stuff.

What actually annoys me though, is that absolute trash players like the nenny aren't just still at the club, but get actual ****ing game time over youngsters.

If there is a single minute of PL gametime where Elneny gets minutes over a youngster, it's too much.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes, does not matter one bit, it's all about fitness and stuff.

What actually annoys me though, is that absolute trash players like the nenny aren't just still at the club, but get actual ****ing game time over youngsters.

If there is a single minute of PL gametime where Elneny gets minutes over a youngster, it's too much.
We don’t have one very promising cm youngster. El neny will get 20 appearance next season in league alone

Let's play Aubamawang

I feel sorry for Okonkwo. If you're expecting your GK to half volley a pass back whilst being closed down, you're doing something wrong. Cedric should have kicked the ball out of play, not try to lob his own keeper.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
This is so in character for Arteta. I don't care about the result, but obviously you use pre-season to get fitness and sharpness back up, not to play some sort of tactical mastermind against a Scottish nobody.

Saw the highlights on our website, did we seriously only create chances from set pieces aside from the goal? Pathetic.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Seems like finishing was still a problem if I read the thread. Same old same old. IDC about the results in pre season, as long as we are ready for Brentford. Just hope they learn after these matches.

mirrorstare

At least state it’s a piss take. It’s a piss take isn’t it?

It is, sorry. The reactions here were worth it I guess

Yeah fake quote but worst thing is that it could've been true, wouldn't be out of character for Arteta to deploy rigid tactics and overthink a pre-season friendly against Hibernian, and suck all the fun out of the young players

I just kept laughing the whole day it was so good, been a while since I laughed so much with an Arsenal related tweet.

neimad

Best to have a crap pre-season and we'll sign loads of great players. That's how it works right?:pray:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Fake quote apparently but it's worrying many thought it's real. :lol: Wouldn't put it past tricky Mik.

Anyhow, don't really care about preseason results. I remember we used to lose to the likes of Barnet and other plodders all the time at the beginning of the summer.

But I can't help but feel like something's gone from the club. Back then I didn't care about the results but was always hyped to see which anonymous youngster would AW pull from the U21 and give them a chance, e.g. Was excited to see the progress of our youngsters, some nice interplay, and some of our players were actually likable.

Now I see the likes of Willian, Cedric, El-Neny, Kolasinac, etc. You all know these players are dead and it's like 80% of the club. In that scenario, the club is a dead club. No excitement at all.

There was a case for Edu & Arteta having to clear out the bloated squad last season but what did they do? Bar Saka & ESR the club looks in worse shape than before.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

E6MChcnXoAI31Tq

Classy touch by Hibs.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
The drama on this site over a friendly match literally 4 days into preseason is just insane. I remember some truly terrible preseason performances under Wenger in Austria. Rusty technique, legs heavy, mix and match squads, constant subs. Preseason results mean almost literally nothing. At this stage I only want to hear about who did well.
Doesn't your argument transfer to players also though?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fake quote apparently but it's worrying many thought it's real. :lol: Wouldn't put it past tricky Mik.

Anyhow, don't really care about preseason results. I remember we used to lose to the likes of Barnet and other plodders all the time at the beginning of the summer.

But I can't help but feel like something's gone from the club. Back then I didn't care about the results but was always hyped to see which anonymous youngster would AW pull from the U21 and give them a chance, e.g. Was excited to see the progress of our youngsters, some nice interplay, and some of our players were actually likable.

Now I see the likes of Willian, Cedric, El-Neny, Kolasinac, etc. You all know these players are dead and it's like 80% of the club. In that scenario, the club is a dead club. No excitement at all.

There was a case for Edu & Arteta having to clear out the bloated squad last season but what did they do? Bar Saka & ESR the club looks in worse shape than before.
Well the thing is, back then we usually had a squad full of internationals who played for their country in the Summer every couple years. That gave space to play youngsters for most of pre-season. Whoever impressed the most would usually turn up at the Emirates Cup when the seniors came back.

This lot didn't get called up for **** so naturally they're all here with time on their hands to get fit :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom