• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Prediction - CL: Arsenal vs Lokomotiv | 10/12/03

Adam

Established Member
If i am this determined to win, imagine what the team feel. This is a game that we must show the Russians why the English are known for a fighting spirit and a physical style of play.

Cole, Campbell, Parlour, Keown, Vieira, Ljungberg, Bergkamp - fight!

The crowd have a huge responsibility tonight. In patches where the team are nervous and cautious we must show our support in full voice. WE need to push them up the field so that they are encouraged to fight and win the ball high up the pitch and force Lokomotiv into errors. They won't be used to such a physical pressing, fast paced game in Russia. They are like Italians. Let's show we are not a library and when it matters on this sort of occasion - we are the most passionate crowd.

SydneyGunnerFan

Adam said:
If i am this determined to win, imagine what the team feel. This is a game that we must show the Russians why the English are known for a fighting spirit and a physical style of play.

Cole, Campbell, Parlour, Keown, Vieira, Ljungberg, Bergkamp - fight!

The crowd have a huge responsibility tonight. In patches where the team are nervous and cautious we must show our support in full voice. WE need to push them up the field so that they are encouraged to fight and win the ball high up the pitch and force Lokomotiv into errors. They won't be used to such a physical pressing, fast paced game in Russia. They are like Italians. Let's show we are not a library and when it matters on this sort of occasion - we are the most passionate crowd.

i was going to write the crowd is going to have a big part for us in the second half if it is still 0-0. We have to fight for every ball and play strong and then if we lose we can say we went out playing our best and making it hard for lokomotive to do anything in the match

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Viktor said:
'20
Evseev runs on left flank, does the pas!
Ashvetiya beats on ball,...... goal!!!
'40
Anri penalty, Ovchinnikov in beautiful jump reflects the blow.
'60
Viera runs on the centre, Hohlov accidentally drops, Viera does the lumbago in penalty, Anri kicks! The Goal! The Ricochet from Bergkamp.
'70
Ignashevich runs through all field, beats Viera, Cole, leaves one on one with goalkeeper, Lemann underbides him.
Penaliti!!!
Ignashevich prepares to beat, running approach,... cannon blow in the net!!!
Such blow has not took itself Kann!
'90+3
Whistle to judges, And LOKOMOTIV is in 1/8 Of League Champions!!!

------------------------
Russains are going!
Ole-Ole-Ole-Ole

look, i dont mind if you post in the forum and express your opinions but when you dont spell the names of our player right then i get angry :evil:

vieira is spelt v i e i r a
henry is spelt h e n r y
lehmann is spelt l e h m a n n

Adam

Established Member
RuZone said:
Adam said:
the English are known for a fighting spirit

really??? where??? in England :shock:

It makes up for a lack of technique! Football was made here, and the tradition and passion within the country about the game is hard to find anywhere. Ask any player in England - this is the place to play.

Russians like to be composed and hold the ball well - we have to show a work rate (not so much flair - but skill when needed once won the ball in the final third) and win the ball early and high up the pitch where it's dangerous. If we wont score on the counter attack, then forced Russian errors will have to be a way to a goal as the Russians do not lose the ball when they have it.

The Russians cant be allowed possesion in midfield like Inter had at Highbury - we will have to press Loko into mistakes. It's all about our work rate rather than flair, skill and flow. This has been the case when we have won at Highbury against big European teams. Champagne football and domination of possesion all the time has proved unrewarding against big teams. The key is that their defenders have the possesion and that we press them and create space. We need to show the moments of flair when it matters i.e. Russian error, or counter attack.

As it was against Inter - the midfield is the key. And they will not have played against a player like Vieira. And hopefully Parlour joins him in the middle.

SydneyGunnerFan

hey looks like all the lokomotive fans have left must be going to go and pray that there team doesnt lose tonight or something good luck to them but arsenal is going to win. The crowd will be electric and we have to be on top of out game the whole time and then ii reacon i could say that we played our best and can beat any team on our day

flotz

i predict that well draw or lose that way if we draw or loose ill get it right and if not i dont care cause we qualified!!

Adam

Established Member
VinogradoV said:
Hi, Gunners!
Let's play fair football today...
several weeks ago we saw a hard football with injures on stadium "Lokomotiv" in Moscow (I mean Russia-Wales)..
I think, your team loves fair football, because of your good players...
but you must agree,that without Henry, your team is not that GREAT ARSENAL! ....one player often does the game.. :wink:
In our LOKO we have young fighters, not so well-known,,but very powerful and speedy players....
And I think today We'll see a real fight for life., where Winner takes all

Who are your powerful and speedy players to watch out for?

Adam

Established Member
Powerful and fast though? I thought they were skilfull technicians. Izmailov is quite nippy, but not powerfull in an Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira sense.

RuZone

Adam said:
Powerful and fast though? I thought they were skilfull technicians. Izmailov is quite nippy, but not powerfull in an Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira sense.

his smartness is his power -)))) :)

I guess It was ment that Marat is a key player of Loko - unfortunately he's injured

-----

2 Adam

Crush-Kill-Destroy - is not a football feature. It's closer to Regby - (by the way - congrateyoulations; England has won World Championship by right). Technique and skill players'll conquer primitive pressing. Recall Porto vs Celtic game. Deco & Alenichev were indestructible.

RuZone

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

But Arsenal won't win. :mrgreen:

orion

Well, we're heading for the crunch game and this game certainly won't be easy as our opponents are also fighting for a spot in the last 16. Moscow are a typical Russian team in as they look well composed and tacticly strong. We must really be in top form tonight to get past them and remain our composure through out the game. I hope the lesson from Leicester has been learned and the players won't go to second gear when we are winning.

Lokomotiv will do their upper most to stop Henry, but i think he will still prove too much of a burden to be nullified cause he can operate in such a large field. He should also use this element to drag as many defenders upon him and thus create open spaces for other Gunners to exploit, I think the best chances might come from people like Ljungberg and Gilberto creeping inside the box unawares when they will be concentrating on Henry. Bergie-Freddie partnership might work wonders in this game, but main thing is to remain focused, be lethal in finishing and not take any chances at the back, no sloppy passes on our own half please, as they also have some quick players out there. Cygan comes upon another stern test tonight and I'm also expecting Lehman to make a few good saves to keep us going, also expecting the familiar Viara song to get the lads really going for it. But it won't be an easy win and I see a cruch finishing with maybe just one goal in it.
Good luck with the Gunners tonight!!!!

Adam

Established Member
badgeholder said:
It's interesting that nobody talks about one significant aspect: 'away arsenal' IS NOT 'home arsenal'. And this CL proved it.
Why? This is simple.
Since arsenal play home, they supposed to attack. There will be a lot of free zones in arsenal's defence-line due to massive attacks. And the opposing teams can use it.
But when arsenal play away games, they always play with high caution with very fast counter-attacks.
Wenger just cannot build tactics another way!

Here's some facts from the near past:

Barcelona 1999/2000
away - draw (i don't remember 1:1 or 2:2)
home 2:4

Fiorentina 1999/2000
away 0:0
home 0:1

Lyon 2000/2001
away 0:1
home 1:1

Auxerre 2002/2003
away 1:0
home 1:2

PSV Eindhoven 2002/2003
away 4:0
home 0:0

AS Roma 2002/2003
away 3:1
home 1:1

Internazionale 2003/2004
home 0:3
away 5:1

It is obviously that arsenal succeeds more in away games.
I think lokomotiv must pass through arsenal.

P.S. I live in Russia and i watch arsenal matches since 1997.
My favourite match is away game in PL 97/98 vs Leicester (?) 3:2 with fantastic goals from Bergkamp!

Home Arsenal can be just as fantastic, but it is easier for away teams to defend in the small space on the Highbury pitch. Plus the away teams are always negative, and we always dominate chances and possesion. We can do it if we get an early goal.

Arsenal 5 Deportivo 1
Arsenal 2 Lazio 0
Arsenal 2 Valencia 1
Arsenal 3 Juventus 1
Arsenal 4 Bayer Leverkusen 1

This game is about our midfield, how we press Loko and don't let Loskov etc create moves. Let their defence have the possesion and force mistakes.

Top Bottom