Predictions for Premier League, 2019/20

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by UpTheGunnerz, Jun 13, 2019.

1. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

CL winner: Barcelona or City or Liverpool. No other clear cut candidates.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  2. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

Don't know why i always have hope that Sp**s will fail :lol:,but they didn't sell any important player and their squad is good for top 4.

L3T5 PL4Y likes this.
  3. Notorious Big

Think it's time for City to win CL,maybe their best chance this season.

Juve has new manager and they feel short few times in recent seasons.Liverpool may not repeat last season.Bayern and Real are in transition period.Valverde can be problem for Barca,they showed that against Roma and Liverpool.

HollandGooner likes this.
  4. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

Yeah, they addressed their only issue in central midfield I guess and probably might still add. Maybe a striker, RB and Lo Celso. That's one hell of a squad tbf.

Funnily enough, was wondering where you were just today. Hadn't seen you post lately and thought maybe hit the bottle after a friendzone experience.

Notorious Big likes this.
  5. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

I think as it stands, we good for 4th/5th/6th, in battle with Sp**s, United and Chelsea. I think Wolves and Everton may be closer this year but still 5-8 points off the "bigger" clubs come the end of the season. Emery should be winning the race for fourth, racing with Ole and Frank and if he doesnt I think he needs to be off.

Liverpool will surprise I think. This talk of them not strengthening doesnt change my opinion of them being a well oiled machine at the moment. The pressure is on Pep to get another 90+ season, with attention probably turning towards the CL as well. I can see it being another race down to the wire between City and Liverpool.

In Europe, Juventus does look set for an entertaining season with Sarri in charge. Barcelona remain the other favourites for me due to their managerial stability and incomings. Madrid/Bayern just behind and PSG with it all to do.

VAR will be met with huge critique upfront, but we will slowly integrate it into our game. I just hope they are consistent with how its to be used.

Its going to be an interesting season.

GeorgiaGunner and Toby Andrl like this.
  6. Notorious Big

I had hope that Eriksen will go to Real,but that didn't happen.Agree,they now have good squad and they should be in top 4.

:lol:,i didn't post a lot,i'll do that when season starts,will be more interesting.I'll try to get out of there asap.

L3T5 PL4Y likes this.
  7. L3T5 PL4Y

L3T5 PL4Y Flair Accuser

I'm caught in two minds on whether to watch this season or not and be active around here. On one hand I'm very excited with our signings but on the other hand if we screw up I feel really awfully stressed out. We'll see I guess.

Notorious Big likes this.
  8. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Welsh Dialsquare Trusted

Top six in order:
    1. Man City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Tottenham
    4. Arsenal
    5. Man Utd
    6. Leicester
    Bottom three: Southampton, Newcastle, Norwich

FA Cup Winner: Wolves
    League Cup Winner: Man City
    CL Winner: Juventus
    Europa League Winner: Arsenal
    Player of the Season : Raheem Sterling
    Young Player: Trent Alexander-Arnold
    Top Goalscorer: Harry Kane
    Signing of the season: Leandro Trossard
    Flop of the season: Joelinton

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019 at 9:39 AM
  9. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Sp**s
    4. Arsenal
    5. United
    6. Chelsea

City and Liverpool will also divvy up the CL and the domestic cups between them.

10. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Top six in order:
    1. Man City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Tottenham
    4. Arsenal
    5. Man Utd
    6. Chelsea
    Bottom three: Southampton, Newcastle, Norwich

FA Cup Winner: Arsenal
    League Cup Winner: Man City
    CL Winner: Barcelona
    Europa League Winner: Arsenal
    Player of the Season : Son
    Young Player: Willock
    Top Goalscorer: PEA
    Signing of the season: Pepe

11. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Manchester City
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Man Utd
    Leicester
    Chelsea
    Everton
    Wolves
    West Ham
    Watford
    Southampton
    Bournemouth
    Brighton
    Aston Villa
    Crystal Palace
    Burnley
    Sheffield United
    Norwich

Top scorer: Harry Kane
    Top assists: Ayoze Perez
    Most booked: Jonjo Shelvey
    Most free kick goals: Gylfi Sigurdsson
    Most red cards: Christian Kabasele
    Biggest scoreline: Bournemouth - Crystal Palace 4-4
    First manager getting sacked:

12. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

After seeing Liverpool yesterday against Chelsea they need a good midfielder badly right now they are overloaded with hard workers just not good enough on the ball. City will walk away with the title this season.

We will finish 4th or 3rd, United just not good enough.

13. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

1. Manchester City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Arsenal
    4. Tottenham Hotspur
    5. Chelsea
    6. Manchester United

18. Norwich
    19. Southampton
    20. Sheffield United

HollandGooner and Gunner-Union like this.
  14. HollandGooner

If Barcelona will get Neymar they will walk away with it Neymar-Griezmann-Messi is just to much and with De Jong Busquets behind them etc.

15. Blaziken

Blaziken New Member

1.Man City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Arsenal
    4. Sp**s
    5. Man Utd
    6. Wolves

Champions League: Juventus
    Europa League: Arsenal
    Fa Cup: Man City
    League cup: Man City

16. Brolin

Brolin Liverpool Fan

Basing that on a game where Liverpool played a top 4 premiere league club in a one off final? Odd.
    Liverpool’s midfield will easily have enough for 75 percent of the sides in the league. It’s the top 6 battles where we might come unstuck, but Klopp neutralizes that by turning it into a scrap, especially at Anfield.

To challenge for the title you need consistency against the sides outside the top 6, and we will thanks to a world class defense and an awesome attack, that delivers week in week out. I don’t expect us to overhaul City, but we will run them close.

HollandGooner likes this.
  17. HollandGooner

I understand your point regarding Liverpool but tbf, think our midfield is better then theirs with all respect but their system fits their midfield very well because they have hard workers off the ball. City will walk away with the title mark my words ofcourse Liverpool will push them but City will go all the way.

I admire Klopp a lot because he created a system which is very difficult to play against and ofcourse upfront they have one of the best players. not to mention the likes of Van Dijk who is world class at the back.

I agreed though that Liverpool will win 75% of the matches in the league they did not won the Champions League without beeing a very good team and be in the final for 2 years.

Just think City will edge it because their depth and creativity wise is amazing.

18. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Welsh Dialsquare Trusted

City have the strength in depth to outlast everyone else in the league although Pep lets them down tactically in one off CL ties.

Liverpool are f*cked if TAA and Robertson go down for any length of time especially with the two extra competitions they’ve got this year.

City meanwhile are probably leaving Mendy and the most expensive full back of all time on the bench for the next few weeks.

Artisan and Iceman10 like this.
  19. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Should have done this a week ago but here it goes.

1. City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Sp**s
    4. Arsenal
    5. Chelsea
    6. Wolves

Relegation: Norwich, Sheffield United and Newcastle.

CL Winners: Man City.

20. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

United out of the top 6, not Chelsea?