• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 17/18: Matchday 11

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Lukaku wont do things by himself he not that type of player

Which is why the service needs to be better.

As I said above, it's very simple with Lukaku. You feed him and he'll score but he's not getting that service with Mourinho's tactics and the lack of attacking talent.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Big performance from Cesc.

DN48FkYX4AEuIwk.jpg:large

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Still wonder why Wenger didn't get him.Cesc is way better in EPL than Özil,others aren't on same level with him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still wonder why Wenger didn't get him.Cesc is way better in EPL than Özil,others aren't on same level with him.
We should get both cesc in midfield with Cazorla and Özil is just so sexy even tho defensively we'll be s**t

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
We should get both cesc in midfield with Cazorla and Özil is just so sexy even tho defensively we'll be s**t

You're right,but Wenger said that we had too many players on Cesc's position in that time,but neither had that quality like Fabregas.We all know that he was our best player for some period of time.

He didn't solve that problem since Song left.

Tir Na Nog

So many options at that stage. Özil had just been signed a year earlier, Cazorla was beginning his conversion to a CM, Wilshere was fit, Ramsey was just off the back of a good season and Arteta was still there. I know in hindsight with Cazorla, Wilshere and Arteta's eventual injury problems it's easy to look back and think we should have done it but at the time additions to the defence and a strengthening our attack was by far the bigger priority.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Jose the tactical master and says he spoke to his players about the danger-where the ball would be played from into the box- and yet Chelsea still scored. Moaning about not having players fit (only Pogba). The media just accept his statements and move on.
Jose hasn't won a single game away vs the to 6 in almost three years.
No bus parked and no result. No crisis like at Arsenal and only 4 points better off. I'm glad he lost and Conte ignored him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
No chance of being defensively poor if the opposition don't have the ball. :) Cesc is a fantastic tutor as well. We could play a reserve player next to him and still be better than we are now.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
So many options at that stage. Özil had just been signed a year earlier, Cazorla was beginning his conversion to a CM, Wilshere was fit, Ramsey was just off the back of a good season and Arteta was still there. I know in hindsight with Cazorla, Wilshere and Arteta's eventual injury problems it's easy to look back and think we should have done it but at the time additions to the defence and a strengthening our attack was by far the bigger priority.

True,but Cazorla was already old in that stage and started to have injuries.Ramsey and Jack were in club for 6 years at that time,not enough to see their quality and to compare with Cesc ? Arteta was also old and didn't perform on his level.And ofc that Özil just came and we didn't know how will do in EPL.

And after all that,he went to Chelsea.Can't see much worse scenario that that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You're right,but Wenger said that we had too many players on Cesc's position in that time,but neither had that quality like Fabregas.We all know that he was our best player for some period of time.

He didn't solve that problem since Song left.
That excuse of saying I didn't want to spend money to get him he capable of playing advancing central midfielder. We could have been really good with Cesc in the middle and Özil as attacking midfielder because it will ease the pressure on Özil too

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
That excuse of saying I didn't want to spend money to get him he capable of playing advancing central midfielder. We could have been really good with Cesc in the middle and Özil as attacking midfielder because it will ease the pressure on Özil too

I think that something personal was also on Wenger's mind.Fabregas left once and now wanted to come back after Barca wanted to sell him.And a way he left us probably hurt Wenger,don't know.

Yeah,we also had a lot much control of the game when he was at Arsenal.We had more possession and he had great final ball.

Tir Na Nog

True,but Cazorla was already old in that stage and started to have injuries.Ramsey and Jack were in club for 6 years at that time,not enough to see their quality and to compare with Cesc ? Arteta was also old and didn't perform on his level.And ofc that Özil just came and we didn't know how will do in EPL.

And after all that,he went to Chelsea.Can't see much worse scenario that that.

I'm sorry I'm not buying this. Cazorla was only 29 that summer while Ramsey at 23 was coming off of a FA Cup winning goal and an excellent season. Arteta too played most of the season and was excellent whenever he was partnered by Ramsey. Özil in general had a very good season. Wilshere and Rosicky also played their parts in that season. Also he'd have cost about 30 million too and considering how much money we had available that summer it just wouldn't have made sense to prioritise signing yet another midfielder even if he has of superb quality.

Also at the start of the 14-15 season we had a tough time trying to fit all our current midfielders into our side we even went with this system at the start.

Cazorla Wilshere Ramsey Özil
Arteta
In a 4-1-4-1 formation before we changed back to our usual 4-2-3-1 and later on putting Cazorla in midfield.

I'd honestly say for about a year and a half our midfield was the least of our worries. It was only about halfway through the season after where our midfield issues started to really pile up, but at the time there was honestly no place for an extra midfielder. Maybe it would have helped had Barca actually wanted one of our midfielders in exchange but was never really a possibly either.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I'm sorry I'm not buying this. Cazorla was only 29 that summer while Ramsey at 23 was coming off of a FA Cup winning goal and an excellent season. Arteta too played most of the season and was excellent whenever he was partnered by Ramsey. Özil in general had a very good season. Wilshere and Rosicky also played their parts in that season. Also he'd have cost about 30 million too and considering how much money we had available that summer it just wouldn't have made sense to prioritise signing yet another midfielder even if he has of superb quality.

Also at the start of the 14-15 season we had a tough time trying to fit all our current midfielders into our side we even went with this system at the start.

Arteta
In a 4-1-4-1 formation before we changed back to our usual 4-2-3-1 and later on putting Cazorla in midfield.

I'd honestly say for about a year and a half our midfield was the least of our worries. It was only about halfway through the season after where our midfield issues started to really pile up, but at the time there was honestly no place for an extra midfielder. Maybe it would have helped had Barca actually wanted one of our midfielders in exchange but was never really a possibly either.

That's pretty short-term looking at problem.At that moment he was thinking that he had a lot of quality players and in reality Cazorla had just one more good season,Ramsey never played like in that season,Jack was injured for the most of the time.And i really didn't count Arteta so much after that season.Özil just came and had solid season.I know that he can't predict future,but we know what happend.

Sure,but quality>quantity for me.I have nothing against those players,but they weren't on Fabregas's level at Arsenal.

BobP

Memri Fan

Arteta

Our midfield was on the edge, so to speak. Similar to where our defence is now.

Cazorla 29, Arteta 32, Rosicky 33, Flamini 30, Diaby 28.

Cazorla was unfortunate. Could still have been playing but injuries caught up with him. Arteta and Rosicky though were done playing consistently at the top level, Flamini wasn't good enough, and Diaby had been done for a long time.

That leaves you with an injury prone Wilshere, Ramsey and Özil. No coincidence that the latter two have been the most frequently used midfielders over the past couple of seasons, with the 3rd midfielder being interchangeable.

We rarely handle these transitions well. As I've shown we had a swathe of players on the edge with nobody coming through to replace them. I mean, it got to a stage where we had to rely on Coquelin who already had one foot out of the door at that point.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom