• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 17/18 - Matchday 18

pacstud

Look, you're a good man (I think!) and a committed poster here but if you honestly believe Wenger ain't a huge part of our inertia and inability to really challenge at the top you're also massively deluded. I don't mean that in a nasty way just in a realistic manner.

Wenger no longer enjoys feeding rights at the top top tier unfortunately. Still a great man but he's even more deluded than you if he feels his methods and style of play will eventually produce the right results.
Ellsworth Toohey used a similar line of reasoning.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Ellsworth Toohey used a similar line of reasoning.
I had to look this up as the name rang a bell. I actually did read the Fountainhead (what a great book it was) but please remind me about the line of reasoning and Ellsworth Toohey.

pacstud

You need to reread the Fountainhead, and this time understand it, hopefully within the context of Ayn Rand's philosophy.
I'm probably due for another re-read :)

Toohey uses the "if you don't agree with me, then you don't understand art" line of thought. Clearly a complete lack of logic and ad hominem.

So the, "if you disagree you're deluded" comments so common on sports' forums seem akin to Mr. Toohey.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
De Bruyne is the biggest reasson why City is killing it , Pep is a close 2nd .
I still can't see them winning the CL there are three teams that are a level above . - I really don't know what that says about English football .

Moving him to the middle instead of wide is a very good decision.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
For all the talk of him being past it, that's 10 league goals now for Rooney. He's quietly having a good season for Everton

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

If Rooney can finish his career as 2nd top scorer and 2nd most assists that would really be something. Still has an outside chance of Shearer's record tbh.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So Everton - managed by the man they didn't really want - are now 3 points ahead of the team managed by the man they reeeeeeally desperately wanted. I hope Big Sam doesn't run out of tissues tonight.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Makingtrax You hop into every thread and steer it towards the same conversation. Chill out man.
Nice of you to worry about me but I'm chilled thanks.

All good at the mo, heading back to top 4, still in all comps and finished the Christmas shopping! :lol:

Top Bottom