• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 17/18 - Matchday 20

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
That's funny considering that he spent 90 mil on a midfielder that didn't have the most goals, most assists or best passing numbers from the team he was signed from.

And we'll just ignore the 75 mil spent on Lukaku. After all, City signed Aguero and KDB for less than one Lukaku.
Aguero was 38 and KDB was 55, and both signings were pre-boom (albeit the latter only by a little). United can't really complain about spending to anyone BUT City (but their noisy neighbors have spent more [and more wisely]).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sp**s, Chelsea and Liverpool putting huge pressure on us for our match with Palace, it'll be the same at the weekend too because all those three teams play before we go to WBA also.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sp**s, Chelsea and Liverpool putting huge pressure on us for our match with Palace, it'll be the same at the weekend too because all those three teams play before we go to WBA also.
Unless our away form improve we won't finish top 4

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Im not sure they even care about us that much, we are looking less and less relevant.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
It's one thing saying this United side can't compete with this City side, it's another thing dropping 7 points to Huddersfield, Leicester and Burnley after all the money they spent. This all stems from Liverpool game were they stopped their own momentum by going for a 0-0 draw, they were neck and neck with City until that day but since then City have gained 12 points on them (15 if they win tomorrow) and for me that performance and attitude at Anfield was the watershed moment.
I disagree with this somewhat. The thing about United is that up until that game, they had the easiest fixtures of any top team. All the teams they were playing were relegation fodder or teams that needed new management to get them moving. It should be noted that since that game, they've played every other team in the big 6.

BobP

Memri Fan
I think Pep is an example of spending a lot but spending well while Mourinho isn't. Money's a big part but management isn't too far behind.

When two teams match up and the money is equal the management usually decides the winner. When the management is equal and the money isn't then the richer side usually wins.

This.

It's both spending well AND knowing how to integrate and or utilize the talent available to you.

The spending of astronomical sums of money by City didn't kick off upon Guardiola's arrival, it preceded him. At the same time City have never been as dominant as they have been so far this season.

What does this show? Well it's clear, to anybody who wants to see it, that managers do quite obviously make a difference.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Aguero was 38 and KDB was 55, and both signings were pre-boom (albeit the latter only by a little). United can't really complain about spending to anyone BUT City (but their noisy neighbors have spent more [and more wisely]).
My old age got me mixing up the Jesus and KDB fees.

Agreed though. City have spent their money much better than United has. United has spent too much money making statement signings instead of addressing the deficiencies in their team. They have focused way too much on the commercial side and not enough on the sporting side.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
This.

It's both spending well AND knowing how to integrate and or utilize the talent available to you.

The spending of astronomical sums of money by City didn't kick off upon Guardiola's arrival, it preceded him. At the same time City have never been as dominant as they have been so far this season.

What does this show? Well it's clear, to anybody who wants to see it, that managers do quite obviously make a difference.
I think one of the things people generally forget in the money argument is that it's not only used on players and the manager. It's used on the entire club. From the scouts, to the coaches, to the doctors and physios, to the entire front office staff, money ensures that you get the best people possible in those jobs.

In my opinion, that's the thing that has plagued smaller clubs. The league is awash with money but clubs have just taken the extra cash to sign mediocre players and rotate between the same set of mediocre managers. They haven't spent enough money making their club as a whole better. Revamping their scouting network. Signing persons to ensure that their players are functioning at their peak physically and mentally. Bringing in younger managers with fresh ideas. Instead of doing things like these, they've just thrown the money at more exorbitant transfer fees and wages.

AVENTUS

Utd not capible of a chase dropping more points today. City might as well take the trophy now these boys are unstoppable.

Worse thing is I can see this continuing for years at this rate. Even looking at Europe’s best Bayern, Barca, PSG they look little match.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The hypocrisy is strong in you.

Your average weekly posting; squad cost, squad cost, squad cost, squad cost, Wenger's a martyr, squad cost, squad cost, kiss Tir Nar Nog arse, squad cost, squad cost, excuse Arsenal's latest embarrassment, squad cost, squad cost
Your average weekly post is . . squad cost, **** off, squad cost, no, squad cost, **** of, kiss Trilly's arse, squad cost, no, **** off, Arsenal are ****, no, ****off, Arsenal are ****. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Think Ox was a smart signing because they don't have any wingers outwith Mane/Salah and they seem like they really want Coutinho central so an addition like Ox was probably a good signing.

I don't think Ox exactly prevented them from signing a CB because they could have signed one in the 2 months before that but they didn't because they saw it as Van Dijk or no one. Whether that strategy was good or not is debatable because you could see there might be CB's out there you could get that'd improve their defence.

Top Bottom