• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 17/18: Matchday 23

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not ****ing mind reader, why didn't you put that in your post bro.
I think I did, or strongly implied it. Didn't our sequence start with: there's being a small fish and there's what we're doing.

I was comparing us to the other 'small' fish but you know what, this conversation is tired. We'll leave it there for today mate.:lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Congratz to Wenger for holding his record.

I always say when teams are on run like City now, and Chelsea last year. This is not easy to do. Its not easy to do what Wenger did.
Because no top 4 again this season I guess
Credit to Wenger for assembling the team and providing the winning formula but I think an invincible season in a league like ours requires elite mentality from the players.

Wenger takes the credit for winning us the league, but for those players to refuse to have an off-day, to refuse to lose a game knowing they had the league in the bag? That's elite mentality, balls the size of the moon they had.

There was a dressing room bust-up when we won the league at WHL because we dropped points! I don't think a squad of men like that will ever be assembled again.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's depressing seeing our attack compared to Liverpool.

People are discrediting the likes of Mahrez for a potential signing but didn't we do the same to Mane when he was at Southampton and the papers linked him to us.

Mane is such a fantastic player, so is Salah and Firmino.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Great game, happy for both Arsenal and Liverpool. Would hate to see your undefeated record beaten by slave labour money.

Watching City lose always makes me happy. They'll still win the league but meh, I could buy myself a nice trophy as well and it'd be just about as well earned as that.

I really dislike the general attitude of Pool's fanbase - mostly the old guard tbf - but I do respect their current project and I really like Klopp. Digging themselves back up through smart signings on and off the pitch.

Credit to Wenger for assembling the team and providing the winning formula but I think an invincible season in a league like ours requires elite mentality from the players.

Wenger takes the credit for winning us the league, but for those players to refuse to have an off-day, to refuse to lose a game knowing they had the league in the bag? That's elite mentality, balls the size of the moon they had.

There was a dressing room bust-up when we won the league at WHL because we dropped points! I don't think a squad of men like that will ever be assembled again.

I would say that squad Wenger created was greater than the 300 dudes from Sparta. :cool:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Has to win something big.

Finishing above Bayern two years in a row is about as big as it gets in terms of difficulty, honestly. Also complimented it with a cup trophy in one of those seasons. Finished 2nd in the CL as well. What he accomplished at Dortmund was insane, especially given the budget available to him.

Simeone, Klopp and Pep -- in that order -- stands above the rest right now in my opinion.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Finishing above Bayern two years in a row is about as big as it gets in terms of difficulty, honestly. Also complimented it with a cup trophy in one of those seasons. Finished 2nd in the CL as well. What he accomplished at Dortmund was insane, especially given the budget available to him.

Simeone, Klopp and Pep -- in that order -- stands above the rest right now in my opinion.
He’ll be judged on what happens at Liverpool though. They are a sleeping giant and he has been backed by the board. Has to win the league or CL to really cement himself as a great manager.

Jurgen Flopp has to win the league next season. Liverpool have invested to much in the team.

Very average manager who isn't doing nearly good enough given that he has complete finical backing from Liverpool owners.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
He’ll be judged on what happens at Liverpool though. They are a sleeping giant and he has been backed by the board. Has to win the league or CL to really cement himself as a great manager.
I think a PL in the 'Big 6' era would be plenty. Though given that they're unplayable on their day, even in the superclub era, I could definitely see them going on a run to win the CL in the next few years.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Jurgen Flopp has to win the league next season. Liverpool have invested to much in the team.

Very average manager who isn't doing nearly good enough given that he has complete finical backing from Liverpool owners.

He's actually operating on a transfer profit right now. Keep in mind that he didn't have anything to do with their 2015 summer, and their biggest signing that season was absolutely awful and something he had to sort out immediately (Benteke).

I think he's already a great manager, but there's some way to go before he can be considered an all time great. Even with Wenger's rapid deterioration in recent years, there's still a massive gulf between him and someone like Klopp when you talk greatest managers in history etc.

He's actually operating on a transfer profit right now. Keep in mind that he didn't have anything to do with their 2015 summer, and their biggest signing that season was absolutely awful and something he had to sort out immediately (Benteke).

I think he's already a great manager, but there's some way to go before he can be considered an all time great. Even with Wenger's rapid deterioration in recent years, there's still a massive gulf between him and someone like Klopp when you talk greatest managers in history etc.

He is spending insane sums on players, he has no excuses for not winning the league.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

a very average manager? Yeah ok!

Kloppo has always done things the hard way, he's never had a silver spoon I guess you can say.

He dosen't have to 'win the league next season', I doubt very much Liverpool bosses think this, first they have to compete more than 1 year in CL in a row. He is competing with oil club, with Chelsea, with Man Utd and their money, he seems to be doing a really good job.

The way he is building this Liverpool team is very impressive, as it was the way he helped build Dortmund - but now it's actually nice to see him doing so with money. And he seems to be spending that money very well and building in methodical way - something he is very good at doing.

He is not an average manager, he is a really good manager and an even better man.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He is spending insane sums on players, he has no excuses for not winning the league.

Which players? I think your judgment has been clouded a bit by this recent massive transfer for Van Dijk. His biggest fee before this was £37m for Salah. He's sold a ridiculous amount of players in his short time as well, funding all of those transfers.

Klopp is ridiculous at squad building. His Dortmund team was a collection of relatively unknowns. He's ruthless when it comes to getting rid of players not good enough and always finds the right man.

a very average manager? Yeah ok!

Kloppo has always done things the hard way, he's never had a silver spoon I guess you can say.

He dosen't have to 'win the league next season', I doubt very much Liverpool bosses think this, first they have to compete more than 1 year in CL in a row. He is competing with oil club, with Chelsea, with Man Utd and their money, he seems to be doing a really good job.

The way he is building this Liverpool team is very impressive, as it was the way he helped build Dortmund - but now it's actually nice to see him doing so with money. And he seems to be spending that money very well and building in methodical way - something he is very good at doing.

He is not an average manager, he is a really good manager and an even better man.

Of course he has to win the league next season. Liverpool are investing heavily in the squad. What should be their aim top4? With that investment? Not a chance. Jurgen Flopp has to deliver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom