• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 18/19: Matchday 21

blaze_of_glory

I half see where you’re coming from.. they’re a historically big English club, steeped in tradition, responsible for some of football’s greatest moments...

You know how I know all this? BECAUSE I’M REMINDED ON A NEAR ****ING WEEKLY BASIS! Liverpool, and everybody connected to the club are apocalyptically delusional.

You need to understand Liverpool have been underwhelming/terrible for the last decade- yet somehow, it’s like they’ve always been on the cusp of greatness, a sleeping giant, a dormant volcano..

Compare that to us. We went nine years without a trophy and were a national disgrace. Even though we’ve won a few cups as of late, our failing to make the CL makes for a bigger headline.

Like you said, the media is littered with ex-Liverpool players, Liverpool supporters, and Liverpool apologists. It’s sickening.

If Liverpool finally, win a Premier League title (THEY’VE NEVER ****ING WON ONE) it will be stuffed down our throats for years to come. There will be a Sky Sports Liverpool channel. BT Sport will begin production on: “2018/19- How Klopp became king of the Kop.”

I can’t stomach any of that. Not to mention I know far too many Liverpool fans. If we can’t win it, City all day long. Liverpool must remain in mediocrity.
You could have written anything below this video and I would have given my full support.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We went down 2-0 within 10-15(?) minutes against Chelsea tbh.
It was only really 1-0 because the 2nd was a Mustafi special that allowed Morata to score.

As for the United game, the team was pretty much in control and would've won comfortably enough if Auba and Miki took their chances in the last 20 minutes.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
It's not really because of that tbh. Man City are a fake top club, they've had zero organic growth and they're basically a plaything for obscenely wealthy ****heads responsible for an insane amount of told and untold misery in the world. Same as Chelsea, albeit more extreme imo. PSG as well.

I wrote in another thread that current Liverpool is basically the best case scenario for Arsenal, ie. self-reliant but with just enough spending from the owner to make them competitive.

I totally get how insufferable Liverpool fans are and how **** it is that the media personalities are like 80% Liverpool supporters, but I'm purely talking from a business perspective. We need more Liverpools and Arsenals and less Man Citys and Chelseas.
Even taking all that into account, a lot of football fans can stomach City winning than they would an actual team doing so.

I once said to @A Lighter Shade of Blue that no one is actually envious or jealous of City, people just get on with it and not care too much. They are a team who want to be considered Elite, stand with the elite but not have the history of class to stand with them.

When City win the league, you always know they basically bought it. If Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea or Sp**s (god forbid) then you'd actually see more of a reaction from the footballing world. The discussion about City will always go back to its owners etc casting a shadow on their triumph... City don't have much of a history in recent times with any of the top 6, they haven't been relevant enough to actually cause opposition fans as much hurt as the other teams mentioned.

Hell, I live with a diehard Utd fan and he believes that Arsenal and Liverpool are actually their main rivals. City, even though are local rivals, don't hurt him as much or excite him as much as when we are playing Utd or Liverpool are.

In conclusion, if it's not Arsenal then I'd rather City, at some point I thought maybe Liverpool but as the guys here pointed out, you'd wanna top yourself from how much the media will **** over them winning something.

Top Bottom