• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 18/19: Matchday 22

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Straight facts you’re talking mate but remember this is with regards to the random argument created regarding Theo Walcott at 21.

I do agree with you about Rashford, I think he’s an exciting prospect and he has a lot of qualities I like, but I also think prime Theo was very underrated, so I don’t really see the comparison as an insult lol. Injuries during crucial periods of his developement derailed what could have been a very productive career for us.. He had showed he could step up in big games and deliver end product by 21, with more luck people’s opinion about him would have been very different imo.

In other news we were this close to being able to rep Pogba guilt free. If only Manu had backed Mourinho over Pogba smh..

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Rashford is a very good dribbler not sure what you’re on about if you don’t agree that’s your opinion but you won’t get away with putting him on the same level as Walcott.

And these are literally the first two I found from a quick twitter search. Even a Theo Walcott fan would admit that he just never had this in his locker.

Lastly all the above is irrelevant because here’s the initial posts that started this debate:

You have no idea what I thought of Walcott at 21 ( and I actually did rate him back then) hence why I said you’re creating arguements out of thin air. The Theo I abused was about 27/8years old.

Unless you’re comparing 21 year old current Rashford to ~27 year old Arsenal Theo Walcott...but surely you weren’t? That would be a bit silly.

I rate Rashford because of what he’s doing vs how much time he still has to improve as a player. If you don’t that’s fine but don’t create flawed arguments in my name just so you can counter them.

Right, he has the occasional skill here and there like those vids, but I don't really think he is a good dribbler.

I didn't say I knew if you rated him or what not, however my point was that Walcott used to be a regular as well, yet he amounted to an average career. Rashford is a regular now, it doesn't mean that he's going to become a star. He's clearly talented, however I don't see anything particularly impressive that's going to blow me away when he's fully developed. Maybe if he becomes a killer like Kane is now, but then that's probably pretty unlikely.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I do agree with you about Rashford, I think he’s an exciting prospect and he has a lot of qualities I like, but I also think prime Theo was very underrated, so I don’t really see the comparison as an insult lol. Injuries during crucial periods of his developement derailed what could have been a very productive career for us.. He had showed he could step up in big games and deliver end product by 21, with more luck people’s opinion about him would have been very different imo.

In other news we were this close to being able to rep Pogba guilt free. If only Manu had backed Mourinho over Pogba smh..
Yeah I rated Theo too. You’ll find posts of me on here being gutted whenever he got injured and I pretty much lost it when he did his ACL. Even after that I was one of those who couldn’t wait for him to come back, it’s a shame that he never seemed to recover from that.

And yeah the Pogba move to United broke something in me, pretty much my favourite non arsenal player at the time going to there of all places. Pain.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Right, he has the occasional skill here and there like those vids, but I don't really think he is a good dribbler.

I didn't say I knew if you rated him or what not, however my point was that Walcott used to be a regular as well, yet he amounted to an average career. Rashford is a regular now, it doesn't mean that he's going to become a star. He's clearly talented, however I don't see anything particularly impressive that's going to blow me away when he's fully developed. Maybe if he becomes a killer like Kane is now, but then that's probably pretty unlikely.
Fair enough, when I said I rated him that’s all I really meant, in terms of potential and him being talented. If he was the same player he was now at 28 then I would bash him too.

Hate when we fight bro. :(

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Nah... the friend-zone was created by self-victimising guys to feel better about being undateable :lol:

Hmm,that term didn't exist 20 years ago.So,women became more demanding about men and men aren't real men anymore.Gender equality made that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Thought Sp**s were the better and better finishing would have saw them win comfortably. Wasn't really impressed by many of De Gea's save either, most of the shots were relatively central. The Alderweireld one was good reactions maybe.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Most shots were straight to de gea legs. His save from Alli header was the most impressive

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Thought Sp**s were the better and better finishing would have saw them win comfortably. Wasn't really impressed by many of De Gea's save either, most of the shots were relatively central. The Alderweireld one was good reactions maybe.
Good positioning helps him. Unlike, say, Lloris

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Good positioning helps him. Unlike, say, Lloris

Yeah but all of Sp**s shots were still relatively central. It's not like many of the shots were heading toward the corner of the goal. And in general a lot of the shots had a lack of conviction about them. Like I said the Alderweireld one was a mixture of good positioning, good footwork and a good reflexes but there was nothing amazing about any of the saves. Better finishing from Sp**s and they'd have had 2/3 goals today easily.

It's also interesting how De Gea is credited with good positioning, however he's still quite poor when it comes to anticipating stuff that requires him to leave his line.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
You guys made it sound like Sp**s pummeled United for the entire 2nd half. I watched it again and Pogba could have easily scored a hattrick himself in that half

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
They were straight at him because knows how to position himself, unlike some goalkeepers.

Although I don't like it, I fully agree.

Even last year when he had that unbelievable performance at the Emirates, the usual excuses were that most shots were straight at him, thus failing to appreciate his amazing anticipation and good positioning.

Leno seems to show some of such attributes, but he is not commanding enough in teh box, which DeGea isn't as well, but he compensates with his superb saves.

It's no wonder he was your POTY for what, 3-4 seasons ?

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Although I don't like it, I fully agree.

Leno seems to show some of such attributes, but he is not commanding enough in teh box, which DeGea isn't as well, but he compensates with his superb saves.

It's no wonder he was your POTY for what, 3-4 seasons ?

Don't think he gets enough credit for this at all, albeit he was awful at this when he first joined us - getting bullied by attackers. He was a 19 year old twig when he first signed for us.

BD32g8QCEAEaGQe.jpg

Nowadays, he takes so much pressure from defenders, he may not be vocal about it but he's cat like with his instincts and reflexes to take charge in the box.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal should cheat like City do, it’s great to watch.

Reactions: A_G

Latest posts+

Top Bottom