• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 19/20: Matchday 30 (June 17-June 22)

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
It is true though Xhaka is like an oil tanker ffs
Issue is that our players are just awful at the technical aspect of the game. Torreira is not too short, he just lacks talent, same with Xhaka and his lack of pace. Slower midfielders have done well for other teams. Silva hardly moves very fast nowadays and look at him run the game rn

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Btw City's midfield is so lightweight with zero passion merchants. Anyone who talks about us lacking imposing presence is just parroting talking points. Our midfield is physcially stronger and taller than theirs. It's just pure talent that we lack

Tbf...City have a super technical midfield and are great, Liverpool have a super physical midfield and are great...one of these will do for us, but we have neither atm.

Our players may be tall, but zero of them are strong, or know how to tackle...or can even run for that matter.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Tbf...City have a super technical midfield and are great, Liverpool have a super physical midfield and are great...one of these will do for us, but we have neither atm.
I like City's style of playing more honestly, but yes, either would do

That said, the Liverpool midfield is also technically far superior to ours

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

City now actually have the same goal difference as Liverpool despite being 20 points behind. Interesting.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Btw City's midfield is so lightweight with zero passion merchants. Anyone who talks about us lacking imposing presence is just parroting talking points. Our midfield is physcially stronger and taller than theirs. It's just pure talent that we lack

The most important thing we lack is quality. I don't know how people cannot see that.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
EPL teams always spent big money,there no problem with that.But quality isn't same like in some earlier periods.Once when Klopp and Pep leaves EPL,there will be even more instability in whole league.
You may be right. Alternatively, newer managers will come up with different techniques/styles that create innovation. I think the reason there’s no clear big 4 now is that the teams below have been spending more and recruiting international talent better than they did in the past so the gap is closing there. Also there have been managerial changes, Lampard, Arteta, Solskjaer and the Mourinho show. Plus the youth movement will eventually pay off for those that have invested. When the other members of the traditional top 6 get their act together, we will see a difference. I honestly believe the gaps will close.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Actually enjoying City run up the score against these w*nkers.

Always had suspect thoughts about them as a club, least diverse team I’ve ever seen. How many BAME players have they had since they’ve been in the PL?

Dyche made questionable comment before as well and they have the scummiest fan base to boot.

Last edited:

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we want to get to similar levels we have to stay the course. Continuity is key for young managers.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I like City's style of playing more honestly, but yes, either would do

That said, the Liverpool midfield is also technically far superior to ours

Think that Klopp's style is more stable.Once when team know how to play against Pep and if they have enough quality in squad,he can struggle to get good results.Klopp also had better head to head record.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Fair play to Burnley for condemning the plane but let's be honest if they banned every one of their racist fans they'd be left with a half-full stadium every week.

Ashybashy86

They're miles better.
TBF, they have better players in every position, and more to bring off the bench than Wenger had with most of his teams. Still had teams nowhere near as good as City playing some of the best football the league had seen.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom