• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2011/12

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
This is amazing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sadunitedfans.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sadunitedfans.tumblr.com/</a>

Literally awesome.

VancouverCanuck

DJ_Markstar said:
This is amazing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sadunitedfans.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sadunitedfans.tumblr.com/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Literally awesome.
Epic schadenfreude. :)

Thank you Mr. Wenger and the rest of the team. I have never been so happy (and relieved) by a 3rd place finish.

kopzilla

Always Negative
I find it hilarious how players can't wait to log on to their twitter account after the game and start an online argument with another player/pundit.

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
Di Matteo has done great job for Chelsea. Don't know why he is not been given a chance for the league next season. Would like him at Arsenal as defense coach. He can surely improve the defense.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport
Joey Barton hit with 12-match ban #qprfc

Well done Fa really well done.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Shame its not a longer ban, the guy doesnt deserve to be paid what he is and have such a lavish life. If he wasnt a footballer he'd be serving time, of that Im sure.

Wonder what QPR will do. Cant hold on to him, surley? and I wonder who would even chance buying him.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
THunter said:

In fairness to Barton, Suarez only got 8 games for racially abusing a player, and considering how racism has plagued football and the PL (and still does), you'd think Suarez (and Terry) should get longer bans than someone doing weak knee strikes to the ass and grazing someones head.

Don't think Barton's ban is THAT harsh, but it's inconsistent with other bans.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's got previous though, remember Ousmane Dabo?
For his age he acts like a right ****.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
its not just the incidents themselves, its also the culmination of his season, including his second red card, plus the extras for the violent conduct for 2 separate incidents

as others have said, its about time.. and to anyone who mentions buying him, seriously? you want that plague at the club? only person i hate worse is Balotelli

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
mo50 said:
He's banned for 1/3 of next season :lol:

What an idiot.

Not really, fairly sure the League Cup and FA cup games count as well, so he's really only missing what, 5-6 PL games a bunch for worthless crap?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
not so fast Dokaka.. Carling Cup would only have about 2 rounds by the time his ban is up, and the FA Cup wont have even one unless they have to play in the 2nd round.. (3rd round is in January)

at most, 3 games for cups, probably 2 (and thats if they make it to the 4th round in the CC).. that leaves 9-10 league games

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
USArsenal said:
not so fast Dokaka.. Carling Cup would only have about 2 rounds by the time his ban is up, and the FA Cup wont have even one unless they have to play in the 2nd round.. (3rd round is in January)

at most, 3 games for cups, probably 2 (and thats if they make it to the 4th round in the CC).. that leaves 9-10 league games

Oh. Still, I stand by my previous point that these bans are inconsistent.

Racism nets you 8 games, being a bit whiny on the sidelines (Wenger etc) gives you 1-2 games and physicality attacking someone - but not exactly dangerously - will leave you out for 12 games.

Considering the problems the league and football in general has had with racism, I find it appalling that Suarez got let off with 8 games.

Barton's ban is fine considering his history, but it's like the FA has completely given up on fighting racism. I mean, John Terry just got called up to the NT even though he has a court date regarding racism not a month after the cup is done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom