• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier league 2014-15: race for ???????

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Buhry said:
With out current squad I think we'll finish top 3. If we can add a good CM, maybe a CB and then hope walcott makes a speedy recovery and sanchez can do a job as CF, then who knows.

We're not winning the league with Arteta and Giroud as 2 of our starters.

My sentiments exactly except I don't share your views on Giroud. Really hope we get that DM & CB.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
With right additions we can challenge for the title. The team is hungry. Any trophy & champions league spot is another good showing withe caveat we perform better against the elite teams.

alboots101

Established Member
redanddread said:
With right additions we can challenge for the title. The team is hungry. Any trophy & champions league spot is another good showing withe caveat we perform better against the elite teams.

Not bothered about performances against the so called "ELITE" teams, I`d take 1-0 to us v them all.

FinnGooner

Established Member
We'll finish third. If we add a quality DM AND a quality CB we can push for second and pretty close to 1st. However, our striker options will deny us the league title. It's amazing how much we give advantage to other teams in that department.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Bet we do better against the top teams but 1 or 2 stupid games creep back in like qpr at home or something. I'm quite optimistic for the season, especially with our fixture list being consistently nice. Our best players need to play 28+ games minimum.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Some of you are being way to pessimistic so early on... we are more than capable for competing for the title. Couple more signings would make it much easier, of course. Signings are not necessarily make or break though...

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hah, nice. I'll join after work if I remember. With 3 maximum allowed Arsenal players ;)

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Think the start of the season will be key. If we start well without our (fully fit) Germans and new signing(s) (dead sure we'll sign at least one top player), I think we'll be racing to win the EPL title this season.

Otherwise it will be a race for 3rd (direct CL qualification).

say yes

forum master baiter
If we sign a DM and a CB I think we'll seriously challenge, even with our yearly injury host.

Add a top CF to that and I'd make us favourites. Going to be incredibly tough whoever we sign, think this is the strongest we've seen the PL since around 2008. Probably more strength in depth now as well.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
We'll sign a CB, there's no excuse for not signing one after getting a big fee for Verm. I think that could be that though, I've never been that convinced that we'll sign a DM. We've got numbers there (whether you like them or not) and AW's always been a fan of Arteta. The Carvalho rumours seem to have disappeared as well.

eye4goal

Established Member
The big improvement will come from Chelsea who've addressed their lack of goals much better than we've done in buying Costa and Cesc. You could still see Mourinho's lack of adventure costing them too many draws so I'd go with City as slight favourites.

Suarez will be a massive miss for Liverpool but I think people are under estimating them. They scored 71 goals last season in the PL excluding Suarez' tally(3 more than our total) but i'm still confident of finishing ahead of them and United.

Pies

My major questions on this side and where we will end up this season.

-CF/attack situation - (Giroud hit or miss at times, Sanogo still developing, Sanchez or Walcott maybe?) A lot of questions still to be answered in our attack.

-Lack of top class holding mid

-Thin backline

-Can we do it in the big matches?

Sadly most of these questions are still present from last season.

Summary:
We have a lot of quality. If we add a couple of players then no reason why we shouldn't challenge for the top, if we don't answer some of these questions then it will likely be a similar situation as years past where we fight for 4th instead of 1st.

Still a couple weeks left in the window so it's possible we may remedy some of these before the window closes.

BobP

Memri Fan
I'm curious to see what effect getting the trophy monkey off of their backs has on the players.

I feel we will either finish 2nd or 3rd depending on if Pellegrini is able to motivate his gang of mercenaries to put in a respectable defense of their title. They're key players are also a year older, most are in their late 20s or early 30s.

Can't see anybody winning the title outside of Chelsea, Mourinho will employ every trick in the book to make sure this season is as successful as can be for Chelsea.

It also depends on any signings that we make from this point onwards but as of now it's 2nd or 3rd for me.

Top Bottom