• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2015/16: 2nd of 92 clubs in England

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
What a momentous day today...

That's right, folks. West Ham can no longer catch us.

giphy-2463.gif

My highlight of the season is winning 100 from my man u supporting friend

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Just watching the Leicester title celebrations wishing it was us. Not even an FA Cup this year either. It's such a hollow feeling.

dysphoria

Established Member
Just watching the Leicester title celebrations wishing it was us. Not even an FA Cup this year either. It's such a hollow feeling.

Agreed but i've developed a soft spot for them, they've worked very hard for it and made the best out of the situation, what really made me sad watching those celebrations is the deep rooted feeling i know i have that i'll never see our lads in their place as long as wenger and kronke are where they still are.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Dark day in the Premier League this. Take it from somebody living in the city atm, it's a bad place to be a Gooner.

That said, I'm going out and getting absolutely blasted tonight. Should be a cracking night up here. But **** this who fairy tale bollox, I'd legit rather see Citeh lift the PL title.

General

Established Member
It was difficult to enjoy some of our wins this season because you just know it was masking a lot of problems and inevitably this was going to show. You look at Leicester and you don't see a single passenger or player with attitude problems. We have plenty. Also don't be mistaken because Leicester have quality and balance to sustain the football they play. We don't. Ranieri said in his interview how he was convinced they could do something special after we struggled to break their ten men down. It's quite funny because if the roles were reversed, you can bank on Wenger and his team going into complete meltdown after that Welbeck winner.

Toast

Established Member
Wenger will analyse Arsenal’s season once the final ball has been kicked on Sunday, but he doesn’t need to crunch the numbers to spot the most obvious trend of 2015/16 - Leicester’s transformation from underdog to top dog.

Claudio Ranieri’s champions have bucked the trend, not least with their tactical route to title glory. Leicester will end the season with average possession stats of around 42 per cent; Premier League winners tend to have 55 to 60 per cent of the ball.

“Overall, it shows that the whole hierarchy is questioned,” said Wenger. “When you look at the passing [stats], nobody would have guessed that Leicester would have finished at the top of the league. After that, Tottenham have not been in the top four recently so out of the previous top-four teams, there was only room for two more.

“Chelsea have finished mid-table and Liverpool are far away, and I believe that next season will be even more surprising. We have to accept that every game will be a fight, more than ever. The uncertainty level has increased for everybody.”

Wenger expects others to try and adopt Leicester’s winning formula, but he doesn’t expect ‘reactive’ football to become the norm.

“We’ve had that debate many times in Champions League meetings,” he said. “When Barcelona win the Champions League everybody says that’s the way to play, but if Atletico Madrid win it everybody will say that you have to give the ball to opponents and counter-attack. But over 10 years, Barcelona are still a dominant team.

“It’s not only that, sport has to reward teams who take initiative otherwise it will become boring very quickly. Also, no matter what style you play, you need to have the players who have the quality to play your style. That’s what’s most important and most efficient.”

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not quite the 2nd place I expected tbh :lol:

Yeah , you would have thought if we finished above both the Mancs and Chelsea and the Spuds we'd have won the league . Regardless it's a reprieve that we must take advantage of .

Aevi

Hale End FC
Yeah , you would have thought if we finished above both the Mancs and Chelsea and the Spuds we'd have won the league . Regardless it's a reprieve that we must take advantage of .
I'm not to fussed about giving Wenger another year, it honestly bothers me less now that we clinched 2nd. I feel like we're in a better position from an "image" point of view, which is important to maintain.

Hopefully this doesn't change Wenger's views on signings that the squad needs though, other clubs are going to be making big moves this summer and we can't be stagnating expecting more flopping from them.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'm not to fussed about giving Wenger another year, it honestly bothers me less now that we clinched 2nd. I feel like we're in a better position from an "image" point of view, which is important to maintain.

Hopefully this doesn't change Wenger's views on signings that the squad needs though, other clubs are going to be making big moves this summer and we can't be stagnating expecting more flopping from them.

Wenger included, don't think we could take another season like this .

Aevi

Hale End FC
Wenger included, don't think we could take another season like this .
Definitely, this season was fluky from all angles. There were surprises beyond Leicester's achievements, and this is very unlikely to happen again. New managers are coming in with millions of pounds to set up their systems, and we need to keep up with signings of our own to mend our wounds. No longer can we sit and hope some of our players come good (ie Walcott, Giroud, Gabriel); we need to get some ready replacements. Moreso, a change in tactics is vital, as teams are starting to become very familiar with our bread-and-butter 4231. Not using it every time would be nice.

Where we are now isn't good enough, and hopefully Wenger is aware of this. I personally think he is, many of his positive words being to find suitors (Walcott) or to boost confidence (Giroud) while we get other players. Signing a striker is more obvious a need than ever, and even Wenger can't be naive enough to look away (I think :confused:).

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Definitely, this season was fluky from all angles. There were surprises beyond Leicester's achievements, and this is very unlikely to happen again. New managers are coming in with millions of pounds to set up their systems, and we need to keep up with signings of our own to mend our wounds. No longer can we sit and hope some of our players come good (ie Walcott, Giroud, Gabriel); we need to get some ready replacements. Moreso, a change in tactics is vital, as teams are starting to become very familiar with our bread-and-butter 4231. Not using it every time would be nice.

Where we are now isn't good enough, and hopefully Wenger is aware of this. I personally think he is, many of his positive words being to find suitors (Walcott) or to boost confidence (Giroud) while we get other players. Signing a striker is more obvious a need than ever, and even Wenger can't be naive enough to look away (I think :confused:).

He's been trying for a long while to get another striker . We will get one and if it's true we are getting Xhaka and Kante it's because he realises we lack fight in midfield

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Inexcusable results.

Swansea 2-1. Home loss to Swansea half of Swansea's reserves.

West 3-3. Bottled two goal with two minutes till half time.

Man Utd 3-2. Despite the scoreline we were never in it and didn't turn up.

Liverpool 3-3. 90th minute winner largely due to god awful subs.

Norwich 1-1. Poor along with losing Alexis and Cazorla.

Southampton 4-0...

Top Bottom