• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2015/16: 2nd of 92 clubs in England

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Proof

Established Member
If Wenger wins the title with the current squad, it would be his biggest achievement yet, way bigger than what happened in 2003/04. We finished 3rd last season, we were knocked-out by Monaco and we didn't add any outfield players while our rivals did. Players like Coquelin, Alexis, Ramsey, Giroud or Özil must perform at their absolute best which is an extremely difficult task.

Last edited:

chessygoal

I really hope that City will somehow unederperform, but they seem far ahead of us( finished above us last season and massively improved with Otamendi, Sterling and De Bruyne)
For the record, I voted 5th by mistake :) I think we'll be 3rd again.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
If we keep our players fit, show fighting spirit throughout the campaign and the players hold consistent belief then I think it will be us and Chelsea fighting for the title come May, I know Man City have started well but they have a lot of shortcomings which I think will be exposed when they have to rotate their side when theres 3 games a week. Chelsea under a manager like Mourinho will come strong so I expect the winner of the league to be from the capital this season once again.

SteveEvets

Need miracles to win the title tbh

2nd is possible if we have a normal level of injuries
3rd-4th if we have a normal Arsenal level of injuries

Can't see the total collapse it would require for us to be 5th.

chessygoal

If we keep our players fit, show fighting spirit throughout the campaign and the players hold consistent belief then I think it will be us and Chelsea fighting for the title come May, I know Man City have started well but they have a lot of shortcomings which I think will be exposed when they have to rotate their side when theres 3 games a week. Chelsea under a manager like Mourinho will come strong so I expect the winner of the league to be from the capital this season once again.
Ciy finished above us last season, they started this season a lot better than us, and their new players will at least improve their squad : what shortcomings are you talking about?

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Ciy finished above us last season, they started this season a lot better than us, and their new players will at least improve their squad : what shortcomings are you talking about?

First of all they were very lucky to finish above us.

In terms of their shortcomings I just feel apart from Aguero their other key players like Silva, Toure etc are getting old and were inconsistent last time round and I don't think they've taken adequate steps to rotate these players when it will be needed, they've signed De Bruyne and Sterling but who knows how big of an impact they'll have over the course of the season, the latter has already added a new dimension to City but he still has many things to work on for me and De Bruyne, although he wasn't given chances at Chelsea, did struggle to get into their side and if Mourinho thought he couldn't cut it in England then that says something. Finally I am not totally sold on pellegrinis abilities as a manager, especially pertaining to man management & strategy.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Anyway, too much doom & gloom. We still have the same squad plus Cech that many were tipping for the title. We had a "poor" transfer window, lost Welbeck & had a poor game vs West Ham. However, we've seen Chelsea, Liverpool & UTD. all slip up, so it's early doors. We're on a 3 game unbeaten streak!

The real big question is how are we going too turn our home form around! Those damned buses are becoming increasingly hard to break down in a safe & secure manner.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No title challenge now, Welbeck was clearly essential to our title challenge.... :rolleyes:

Aevi

Hale End FC
There are so many "what if"s, it is too early for anyone to say what results will be. What if signings don't adjust, what if players get injured, what if a manager breaks down...

It is naive to assume we aren't challenging for 1st, as we were brilliant at the end of last season and have all key players + a world-class goalkeeper. Sure we suffer injuries, sure players are having problems, but we are Arsenal ffs, we have always had this, and we always chug along. We may win the title, we may not, but we have what it takes to, it just takes tweaks. We must also not be naive and assume we got it in the bag, there is clearly work to be done with 2 shaky wins and a tough draw.

"Other teams have strengthened" you might say, "We may have done well before but have we grown at all?" Yes we have. We beat Chelsea, a huge psychological barrier broken. Our players are improving (ie Sanchez since Copa running him down, Ox and Bellerin gathering experience, players adjusting to prem). We are having issues in the squad, things aren't clicking, but they will soon enough and we will swing into motion.

The team can pull through... COYG!

Last edited:

Bould14

I think if Giroud/Theo actually starts scoring again we are in decent shape until Welbeck comes back and hopefully he can add something in the mix post January.

Top Bottom