• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2015/16: 2nd of 92 clubs in England

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

When you compare our attack to City and Chelsea, we just don't have as much quality.

Costa, Hazard, Willian, Pedro etc, as well as Aguero, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne are top players. We have Sanchez.

Rest of our attackers compare with back ups from Chelsea and City - Bony, Remy, Falcao, Giroud, Welbeck etc.

I don't know mate , don't know . Looking at the stats we have 4 blokes who have scored 15 goals and more in all competitions in this league and 3 blokes who have scored over 20 in all comps .

Chelsea only have Costa that has scored over 20 and his hamstrings won't hold up , Hazard has scored a few pens and Willian has a Welbeck haul of 4 . Hah even Özil has more .

Last edited:

Lilwizzle

Established Member
For that reason I also put blame towards "the team" in general at some points, but the wrongs of the whole team do not right Giroud's wrongs. In our team I don't see him as a pure striker, as he plays a role of assisting as well, but I think he deserves most of the blame. He is the central forward, he is failing at his primary objective.
Do you know the defenition of a scapegoat?

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Pedro, Hazard, William, Costa, Matic and Oscar would walk into our first team.

Same goes for Silva, Aguero, Yaya, De bruyne, Sterling and Fernandihno.

And some of those players I don't even rate very highly.

Only Alexis and Özil would be starting in those teams.

There is a huge gap in quality between us and City and Chelsea anyone who denies this is simply delusional just like Wenger.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini

There is a huge gap in quality between us and City and Chelsea anyone who denies this is simply delusional just like Wenger.

I wouldnt have Willian, Oscar or Matic in our first team. With the exception of Silva and Aguero Im not having any of the Man city players neither.

Willian is a wide forward but look at his productivity rate its terrible and all he does is cut inside atleast Ramsey and Theo make runs and gurantee you 12-15 goals a season.

Oscar has some quality but is a limited player and needs the right players around him to fully perform.

Coquelin>Matic

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
William for Chelsea plays a role were he doesn't get many chances but he's a vital player for them. If you watch him play for Brazil in his more advanced role he is very dangerous. Can't even compare Ramsey or Theo to him.

I just don't see how you can rate Coq higher than Matic after last year.

Really the way some fans rate our players you would think we have an amazing team. We have had these players for many seasons and keep failing misarebly for a reason. They aren't good enough.

Gooner n Proud

Ultimately they are different players but I think i would still opt for Ramsey and Theo at their very best over Willian.

Give me one attribute Matic has over Coquelin? I rate coquelin over Matic simply because in the last 10 months, where neither have had any major injury concerns Coquelin has been the better more consistent player and I think their is more to come from him where as Matic was exposed in the UCL last season and the Chelsea fans have been disgruntled by his performances for a few months now.

say yes

forum master baiter

No they wouldn't.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So they would walk into our team yet play the same positions as Alexis and Ox, the two players you said would start for other teams...ok, makes complete sense.

blaze_of_glory

Ramsey, Santi and Kos would all be starting plenty of games for those teams as well. Not to mention Cech would be starting over Hart if he were at City. Also the likes of Oscar, Pedro, and Willian would be seeing plenty of the bench for us at this point. Sterling would be in a fight for a spot as well tbh.

Also you should probably reassess your definition of "failing miserably," as we've just won back to back FA Cups and were within touching distance of City last year (unless they failed miserably as well?)

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Of course! A scapegoat is " A goat sent into the wilderness after the Jewish chief priest had symbolically laid the sins of the people upon it".

In all seriousness though, I don't feel I am treating Giroud that way. I have acknowledged both that Giroud's objective is not only to score, and that he is not the only one to wither away in front of goal. The whole forward part of our team is to blame. When I say I blame Giroud the most, I don't mean by a mile, it is just that I feel he has messed up some of the easier chances (along with Theo when he himself played CF). Forgive him a bit just because he has been the only one to actually score, his goal was best next to Wilson's so far.
How many chances has he really messed up this season? We created **** all for him v Westham, he scored against Palace, had his only good chance against pool saved brilliantly and was benched vs Newcastle. The only time you can honestly say he ****ed up was that attempted chip at the end of the Newcastle game, that was such a fail.

I think you're too held up on them stats. We've struggled to create goal scoring opportunities this season, no figures on some website changes that

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
So they would walk into our team yet play the same positions as Alexis and Ox, the two players you said would start for other teams...ok, makes complete sense.
I think you lack comprehension. Anyone of those players if they were at Arsenal would be starting. I didn't say all of them at the same time. Does not matter in what position or if they play the same position as Alexis or Özil they would be accommodated to start as well. The point is we lack quality and it's clear as day.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Ramsey, Santi and Kos would all be starting plenty of games for those teams as well. Not to mention Cech would be starting over Hart if he were at City. Also the likes of Oscar, Pedro, and Willian would be seeing plenty of the bench for us at this point. Sterling would be in a fight for a spot as well tbh.

Also you should probably reassess your definition of "failing miserably," as we've just won back to back FA Cups and were within touching distance of City last year (unless they failed miserably as well?)
How you could say Pedro would see plenty of the bench here is really incredible. So you would have Ox, Ramsey and Theo playing instead of a proven player who has performed at the top level for many years now proving key to many of Barcelona's trophies? Ok.

Yeah I think last season was a failure for City no doubt about it. As for Chelsea they won the PL but have strengthened their team anyway.

We were second best to both teams last year and we had the same team now this year both those teams are stronger and we are the same. Yet somehow our players are just as good. Doesn't work like that. We aren't good enough to win.

Truth is nobody cares that much about the FA cup. It's nice to win it, but I'll take a having a real shot at the PL over 10 FA cups.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If Ramsey is ahead of Ox and Theo on the right hand side in Wengers eyes, then he would be above Pedro too.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think you lack comprehension. Anyone of those players if they were at Arsenal would be starting. I didn't say all of them at the same time. Does not matter in what position or if they play the same position as Alexis or Özil they would be accommodated to start as well. The point is we lack quality and it's clear as day.

No they wouldn't . Where do we shift players for guys like Oscar and Pedro given that Alexis and Ox obviously already have a spot locked down? Just more negative bs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Willian looks the type Wenger would play wide right with Sanchez on the left, and either Giroud or Walcott at CF.

Oscar and Matic wouldn't get in.

Gooner n Proud

This would be my personal top 4 starting xi based on performances in the last year.

De Gea
Bellerin Koscielny Cahil Monreal
Coquelin Ramsey
Alexis Silva Hazard
Aguero

Bench: Courtois, Darmian, Mertersacker, Özil, Costa, Rooney

Difficult picking that team especially choosing Silva over Özil but I just feel overall Silva dictates a match better. I've left out the likes of Ivanovic, Zabaleta, Kompany & Toure out because I think they've regressed immensely in the last year, I know City have impressed so far this campaign but it has been only 4 games and apart from an unfit Chelsea City havent been truly tested.
Central Midfield is always a close call but I strongly believe Aaron at his best is the complete CM and Coquelin has surpassed and outperformed all the DMs in the EPL since January wheras the likes of Matic and already schneiderlin for Manu have been weaknesses for their teams recently.
The front 3 of Hazard-Sanchez-Aguero was easiest to select as they are the best attackers in the league.

We'll get allot better than this when we start clicking. It's just how long that takes.

(...)

City look sensational going forward right now but that isn't something new really. The goals will dry up at some stage and teams will have a go at them and then we'll see how their defense and midfield hold up. If Yaya and Kompany revert to their last years form they'll struggle.

Sort of wishful thinking? last year they didn't have Otamendi and KDB to start with...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This would be my personal top 4 starting xi based on performances in the last year.

De Gea
Bellerin Koscielny Cahil Monreal
Coquelin Ramsey
Alexis Silva Hazard
Aguero

Bench: Courtois, Darmian, Mertersacker, Özil, Costa, Rooney

Difficult picking that team especially choosing Silva over Özil but I just feel overall Silva dictates a match better. I've left out the likes of Ivanovic, Zabaleta, Kompany & Toure out because I think they've regressed immensely in the last year, I know City have impressed so far this campaign but it has been only 4 games and apart from an unfit Chelsea City havent been truly tested.
Central Midfield is always a close call but I strongly believe Aaron at his best is the complete CM and Coquelin has surpassed and outperformed all the DMs in the EPL since January wheras the likes of Matic and already schneiderlin for Manu have been weaknesses for their teams recently.
The front 3 of Hazard-Sanchez-Aguero was easiest to select as they are the best attackers in the league.
You've actually picked Ramsey over Yaya Toure?

Darmian, Zabaleta and arguable Sagna are better than Bellerin.
Also I'm not really sure how Coquelin is better than Schneiderlin/Fernandinho and Matic.

Gooner n Proud

You've actually picked Ramsey over Yaya Toure?

Darmian, Zabaleta and arguable Sagna are better than Bellerin.
Also I'm not really sure how Coquelin is better than Schneiderlin/Fernandinho and Matic.

Toure has declined in consistent performance and application for a year now where as Ramsey had to adapt to a lack of cohesiveness within the team early last season coincided with injuries but still scored 12 goals and produced assists.

All my selections orbit around consistency of performances from September 2014 to now not what someone did in 2012.

Latest posts

Top Bottom