• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

mm76

Yer Da
The way the relationship between fans & the club has broken down, playing at the Emirates might be more intimidating for the team than the opposition.

totally agree - as I said on here somewhere, apart from the odd Wenger out banner the away fans make noise and get behind the team - at home it will be indifference at best or heavy dissatisfaction at worse - if i was a team coming to the Emirates i'd really fancy the three points tbh

burnsjed

Established Member
Crazy how tight the top teams from 2nd-7th are. The media keep trying to act like Tottenham are in the title race yet could be tracked down to our level if we beat them and won our game in hand (unlikely)

Tbh though I don't see where the optimism for a top four spot comes from, our last two league wins had quite a bit of luck to them.

This has also, unfortunately, made our season look even ****tier than it really is.
I mean, if you took Chelsea's amazing run out of this, the atmosphere in here would be so much lighter, as we would still be in the hunt for the title, not withstanding our current shocking form.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to suggest everyone is losing their heads and there is nothing to fret about, but it does look way darker due to Chelsea.

I have never been so disinterested in this club, we have been through far worse than this in my many years as a supporter, and for far longer I might add, but the bigger issue here isn't Wenger (Who I thought should have left on a high after the Hull Final), but how we are being led from the top.
We are not a club with ambition of winning major titles, we are a club who's major shareholder just see's us as an ever growing part of his balance sheet.

Not sure if people read Arseblog today, but he makes a great point regarding Wenger's quote re eating caviar and going back to sausages. This board were never here while we were feasting on caviar, they are not seeing us as having fallen from those dizzy heights.
Why would they get rid of Wenger after just one season of 'under performing', (may I add in their eyes).
If you were Kronke and the manager of your company had provided you with 'success' ever since you purchased it, would you get rid of him after just one disappointing year of returns.

CHOPS

Cech ruled out with calf injury for 4 weeks.

It won't help to our race for Top 4.
The thing is Cech hasn't been on top form this season either he's as bad as Ospina just got a better reputation,so I don't think it matters that much they're both number ones for their country, let's be fair about it that top four spot is looking further and further away as each game passes.

InvertedFootballer

With the drama regarding Wenger's contract almost ending we're ready for the usual "let's play great football now that we have no trophy to fight 4" phase. Not worried.

I mean it's nothing new

Deathstroke

The Terminator
The thing is Cech hasn't been on top form this season either he's as bad as Ospina just got a better reputation,so I don't think it matters that much they're both number ones for their country, let's be fair about it that top four spot is looking further and further away as each game passes.

Cech has declined and Ospina is good but not of regular starting quality for us. Ideally, they should both be replaced and a top keeper brought in. It's the Almunia/Flappy/Szczesny situation again - no confidence watching them play as you know a clanger is always around the corner. Our rivals Chelsea, Spuds & Man Utd have top-class keepers, and that is the standard we should be aiming for if we are serious about being a big club and challenging for titles.

CHOPS

I thought that when we got Cech he WAS a top class 'keeper he also had top class defenders around him too,I agree he's definately in decline he gets beat far too easily from shots outside the box,he goes down like a wounded elephant and Ospina couldn't catch a cold the only time he gets both hands on the ball is to pick it out of the net!
I'd like us to bring back Szczesney and get Butland and flog the other two in the summer along with the rest of the deadwood!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Most of us aren't confident about the top 4. Just apathetic. Arsenal, of late, make you numb.

Is it really pathetic though? Chelsea, Utd, Sp**s, Liverpool haven't got it in recent years.

Not like we're this big powerful club who aim for much beyond top 4 either - makes sense you'll sooner or later fall short.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A core of Cech, Coquelin, Giroud, Iwobi, Nacho, Bellerin, Theo etc isn't good enough.

You can carry kids like Iwobi and Bellerin in top sides but not this side.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Is it really pathetic though? Chelsea, Utd, Sp**s, Liverpool haven't got it in recent years.

Not like we're this big powerful club who aim for much beyond top 4 either - makes sense you'll sooner or later fall short.
Apathetic and pathetic are two different words, man!

Top Bottom