• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

reed

I've watched this league long enough buddy.

I'm certainly not going to give up with 21 games to go in this league, even with Wenger at the helm, with his recent record.
quote-i-ve-always-said-that-you-can-live-without-water-for-many-days-but-you-can-t-live-for-brendan-rodgers-64-20-44.jpg

Godwin1

Very well-known
Despite the poor showing over the last two matches, and at points during the season, do I feel we are not the worst of the chasing bunch.

The title may be lost, in my mind for one reason only. That is Chelsea and their crazy run at the moment. If they maintain that for another 8-10 games, without defeat, then we can throw the towel in.

None of Liverpool, City, United or Sp**s convince me enough that they can out do us over a season.
You can guarantee at some point later in the season the level of optimism will rise once again and many will think we can win the league.

Unfortunately we wont though.

Iddi

Why can't we go back to the days of 4-3-3? Get the right players in there
At least back then we played beautiful football that compensated for our mental and physical weakness.

Since the Cesc days ended we have been playing some of the most boring and clueless football. It has not set style, we are neither a possession team, counter attacking team, defensive team etc.

What is our style? Been asking my fellow gooners this question since the Arteta days.

The formation that includes a N010 has made us even worse. Absolutely lost us control in midfield against any half decent team that can play a high pressing game,. We are easily run down the middle..

Boring sh't...

Reactions: BBF

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

At least back then we played beautiful football that compensated for our mental and physical weakness.

Since the Cesc days ended we have been playing some of the most boring and clueless football. It has not set style, we are neither a possession team, counter attacking team, defensive team etc.

What is our style? Been asking my fellow gooners this question since the Arteta days.

The formation that includes a N010 has made us even worse. Absolutely lost us control in midfield against any half decent team that can play a high pressing game,. We are easily run down the middle..

Boring sh't...
We play a formation that requires the best CM's but with players who are limited CM's.

Banter.

David_Smith

Boring sh't...

:lol: :lol:

It was only very recently people said we played the best football since the invincibles.

BobP

Memri Fan
Our position in the table really doesn't justify all the hysteria.

Chelsea are on an incredible run, that's all.

Think it's the reoccurring pattern or spells of form.

Arsenal fans get restless because they know exactly what this sort of spell of form means, especially when they think back to past seasons.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Quote from Reddit

Yeah, this was just a blip. February 4th is when the real collapse will begin. Chelsea away, Southampton away, Liverpool away in four PL games and crashing out of CL round of 16 in between. Mark the date in your calendars.

We should do well over the next 6-7 games to lift spirits. But watch our performances closely during this time. Would we have learnt the lessons come February?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Love how people think we'll waltz through the next 6 games and charge back in to the reckoning. Surprise surprise, we've been in this position before as well, and completely sh!t the bed.We'll be lucky to win 3 of those games. We'll be behind Man Utd in 6 games time.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan

Boring sh't...

It's because the team has been built around Özil and he lacks versatility. Arsenal aren't good enough for such a luxury player who requires top class players around him for his qualities to be effective, but only has one other top class forward to play with.

Last edited:

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
Love how people think we'll waltz through the next 6 games and charge back in to the reckoning. Surprise surprise, we've been in this position before as well, and completely sh!t the bed.We'll be lucky to win 3 of those games. We'll be behind Man Utd in 6 games time.

Really got to wonder how the team will respond mentally to seeing the title basically out of reach at such an early stage. Usually they've had a sniff later on. Considering the squad improvements, the expectancy would have been higher this year. Got to wonder if they're up for the fight to make top 4 when the title was their aim, with Man Utd especially, and also Sp**s breathing down their necks.

Top Bottom