• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: Matchday 34

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Don't know what to think about Enrique.Solid manager,but Chelsea need a lot of changes in summer and he will have tough job.Carlo was good in Chelsea in 2010,they played some nice football and scored a lot of goals,but is he past ? He flopped in Bayern.

Well, flopped is a relative thing. Carlo did win the league title last year. They just got off to a slow start this season. I don't think he's forgotten how to manage. And he's only 58 years old. Enrique did great at Barcelona, but was less successful at Roma and Celta Vigo. He would bring a more pleasing style than most Chelsea managers, but he would face a rebuilding job. He'd probably do alright if they gave him more commitment in the transfer window than they gave Conte. Truthfully, I think Simeone would be a great fit for them, but I don't expect him to leave Atletico (wonder if he'd bring Costa back with him?).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
About Chelsea there talk in Italian media about Sarri I like Sarri but his style doesn't suit Chelsea

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
He’s still ****.

He is, but he's a better goal scorer than Morata. Other than loosing face due to his fee and being benched I'm not sure why Chelsea keep rolling with the Spaniard. Giroud has 2-3 months of good football in his tank a year, so Conte should've be riding with him until the end of the year. Let France deal with "running on fumes" Giroud.

With that said I'm pretty sure Conte is actively trying to get sacked to get the payout and dip to fill the Italy NT job so starting Morata makes sense. :lol:

Last edited:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Well, flopped is a relative thing. Carlo did win the league title last year. They just got off to a slow start this season. I don't think he's forgotten how to manage. And he's only 58 years old. Enrique did great at Barcelona, but was less successful at Roma and Celta Vigo. He would bring a more pleasing style than most Chelsea managers, but he would face a rebuilding job. He'd probably do alright if they gave him more commitment in the transfer window than they gave Conte. Truthfully, I think Simeone would be a great fit for them, but I don't expect him to leave Atletico (wonder if he'd bring Costa back with him?).

I know,but Carlo's record to win domestic leagues isn't that great.It's easy to win league with Bayern when there is no real competition in last 5 years or so.I expected much more from him in Bayern in terms of tactics and overall play.

Yeah,can be hard job for Enrique.He needs to solve a lot things,not just to improve how Chelsea play.

Simeone would be best choice.If he only wants to try something new,otherwise he will always look at back of Barca and Real and they already missed few big chances in CL.Can Chelsea bring his career to next level ? That's big question tbh.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Southampton wouldn't lose this, if Alonson would get the red. But England is against VAR.
These 3 points can change so much for Southampton.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I know we couldn’t keep him realistically but god I miss Giroud. Best French player we’ve ever had.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Giroud subbed on for Morata and went on to score 2 to win the game? Eesh, Morata's really not having the best of times, is he.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd acknowledge there's a comparison to be made here between Morata's season and Lacazette's. Like Morata I also think Lacazette needs to buck up and hit the ground running next season. But in our case it is possible to play both Lacazette and the new guy, Aubameyang, together. Whereas with Giroud and Morata it's one or the other, isn't it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
They wanted better football apparently at the time. Baffling to me how some of these clubs work.

Yeah, I remember them saying they weren't entirely satisfied with his style. Even still, keep him on and ask him to try and play a bit more expressively if that's the case. Don't sack him after giving you a top 8 finish and getting you to a cup final!

Terrible decision that they're duly paying for.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'd acknowledge there's a comparison to be made here between Morata's season and Lacazette's. Like Morata I also think Lacazette needs to buck up and hit the ground running next season. But in our case it is possible to play both Lacazette and the new guy, Aubameyang, together. Whereas with Giroud and Morata it's one or the other, isn't it.
He average striker real Madrid did well to get 65M for him we paid 60M and get elite striker that score 25-30 a season

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If I could pick three clubs to go down -- well, alright, it would be Sp**s and the two Manchester clubs -- but if I could pick three realistic options, it would be Stoke, West Brom and Southampton. That may very well happen. Getting a bit tired of all of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom