• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Pool away 26th August, damn, that's 5 days before we make our new signings!
It's craze really that the league starts before the transfer window ends. They say the league doesn't lie, and mostly it doesn't, but if you play a team before they get a big signing it's bound to give you and advantage. Similarly, teams playing after a big signing are disadvantages. Transfer window should be done and dusted before the league starts. I know it's because they start later in mainland Europe, well tough.

NEWMAN123

Nearly every other team is going ham in the transfer window and we've made a signing for a free transfer yet people think we're gonna magically become better than the 4 other teams above us and man utd?

Who's predicting a 1st finish ? These guys are surely trolling right ? Every season now the gap between us and the other top teams is increasing but not in our favour. Unless there's a drastic change somewhere I can't see that changing and I can only see us falling further from the top teams of the premier league.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's craze really that the league starts before the transfer window ends. They say the league doesn't lie, and mostly it doesn't, but if you play a team before they get a big signing it's bound to give you and advantage. Similarly, teams playing after a big signing are disadvantages. Transfer window should be done and dusted before the league starts. I know it's because they start later in mainland Europe, well tough.

Yeh, it is crazy. Wenger has always said it should close before season kicks off. I agree!

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Five out of out six "after Europa" fixtures are away. Depends on who we draw and how far we have to travel but that's a pain in the arse.

We have to play every team H&M at some point anyway, when they are doesn't really matter.
Don't know what the whole problem with Sunday's is, if in CL you can play Wed & Sat, which is the same time between games played Thurs & Sunday! Plus, there's loads of matches usually played on Sundays anyway, even without Europa. Esp when 2 big teams playing each other. Makes no difference.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Aside from that Wenger has been on record about clubs making signings after they've already played games. I think it was around the time United signed Mata and he was furious as it disadvantaged others who then had to play United. I'm sure he has said it other times as well.

For a man with such principals you'd think he would follow through and have all our business done before the season starts.

Don't care if it is Chelsea, Huddersfield or Leicester we play first we best have our squad ready. We cannot start another season with gaping holes.

Swallow

I think we will be better prepared this time than last season regardless of whether we sign further players by the time the season starts, that is if Sanchez and Özil stay. There's no competition going on in the inter season. For those have followed us closely under AW, it is when there are international competitions that we end starting the season with hangovers. We didn't look that bad at the tail end of last season, so I believe that should we keep that form, we will be a lot better.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Five out of out six "after Europa" fixtures are away. Depends on who we draw and how far we have to travel but that's a pain in the arse.
we'll have to gamble with some of the youngsters in the early stages - which is no bad thing - and see how important winning it is in the later stages - hopefully by then we will be coasting towards the top of the PL and can afford to go on gambling

that's my dream anyway, and probably I share it with AW

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I actually think we should be looking pretty good by the start of November if we can get draws from Pool and Chelsea at the worst then we should be looking even better. The final stretch of the season looks good too.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A good start would be ****ing nice. Last two seasons I've had to avoid all things football for a week after the opening weekend ffs.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom