• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Get Auba and Mkhitaryan in and hopefully they can have an Arshavin effect on the team, at least we still have the Europa League as backup but we want to be finishing as high as possible in the league.
Wenger says no news on Auba. Mkhitaryan should be wrapped up in the next 48 hours....

BobP

Memri Fan
Our time is now.

The seemingly disruptive Sanchez gone.

A switch to a 433.

The addition of Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang.

Liverpool losing Coutinho with a replacement 6 months away.

All is set for a strong run at the top 4.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
If the choice was between a top four finish or fighting for the Europa League. I would much rather prefer to win an actual trophy and then qualify for the CL rather than finishing in the Top Four for the millionth time and forgo the chance to finally win European silverware.

blaise

Also believe top4 is ours if we add Auba,maybe even more than top4, this kind of momentum could transform lot of things. Europa league is nice but I d rather beat some of our rivals and media who got us finished as usual.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
If the choice was between a top four finish or fighting for the Europa League. I would much rather prefer to win an actual trophy and then qualify for the CL rather than finishing in the Top Four for the millionth time and forgo the chance to finally win European silverware.

It's win/win in that case.

Win a European trophy and qualify for the UCL.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
3 PL away wins 25 games into the season. Just 3 wins in total from our last 11 PL games. Taking the league against supposed cannon fodder like Watford, West Brom, Bournemouth and Swansea only to end up picking up 1 point from those games.

We are past the stage of us being consistently inferior against the top sides, we are past the stage of top 4 simply being a challenge, we are not exhibiting mid-table characteristics.

This season thus far has been nothing short of shambolic. And the worst part is the vast majority of our fanbase could see thus manifesting for years.

Jae

Its win the EL or bust now, absolutely no way we're finishing top 4 now, 6th at best I'd say, with any luck we'll finish even lower.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
with our form really can't see us finishing with 60 or more points i never thought of this even in our worst season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We can make a resurgence but our next run of games are so hard. Sp**s followed up with back to back Europa league games then City back to back.

As much as I want us to push on in the league I'd rather beat City in the final than the league. And I'd rather win the Europa league than finish in the top 4.

But it we can get 6 points from Sp**s and City our run of fixtures are "relatively" easy. 7 games against relegation candidates then away to United.

We can make a resurgence but our next run of games are so hard. Sp**s followed up with back to back Europa league games then City back to back.

As much as I want us to push on in the league I'd rather beat City in the final than the league. And I'd rather win the Europa league than finish in the top 4.

But it we can get 6 points from Sp**s and City our run of fixtures are "relatively" easy. 7 games against relegation candidates then away to United.

We have to go for the two trophies we still can get!
Why are ppl talking like winning the europa league is worth nothing?

Preacher

Always Crying
Target same as last year. Need to be near perfect to achieve it. I'm non-believer, our away form will kill us.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Sir Alex Ferguson: "Attack wins you games, defence wins you titles"

I must say with out attack we will win games but unfortunately as we have seen our defence is fragile so until we sort that out I will say we will keep finishing top 5.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't think this is too premature, only 12 games to go!

Following Chelsea's result last night and their recent decline, we are now only 6pts off a CL spot. The top 4 race is down to any 2 clubs from these 4; Arsenal, Sp**s, Chelsea, Pool. I think its fair to say City are going to win the PL and Utd probably 2nd.

The key games involving the top 6 clubs are below ( I have included Utd & City as Pool, Sp**s, Chelsea could drop points, and us I guess). The 2 games shown in Red are games where our challengers for top 4 play each other so one or both will drop points.

Sp**s vs Arsenal Sat 10th Feb
Man Utd vs Chelsea Sun 25th Feb
Arsenal vs Man City Thur 1st March (Awful day for PL)
Man City vs Chelsea Sun 4th March
Man Utd vs Liverpool Sat 10th March
Chelsea vs Sp**s Sun 1st April
Man City vs Man Utd Sat 7th April
Sp**s vs Man City Sat 14th April
Man Utd vs Arsenal Sat 28th April
Chelsea vs Liverpool Sat 5th May

There are plenty of games left that can help us gain on the teams above. Obviously on those match days we have to win our games, hopefully that is something we will now do more often after an appalling campaign so far. We have to up our away game, hopefully the new players will help us do that starting this weekend in the NLD.

Top Bottom