• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Stoke, Liverpool and Chelsea all away in 3 of our first 5 fixtures ffs. :lol:

Anyways, I won't vote yet because there's still a long summer to go. My gut feeling at the moment is that we'll scrape back in the top 4, tho depending on how close we are to the top we could end up prioritising the EL.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Went for 4th again, I see there's a lot of votes for 1st for comedy value but I actually think these polls are interesting come the end of the season. I think Wenger's management style at this stage always gives us a chance at 4th, picking up enough points off the smaller teams to make it into top 4 while ****ting the bed against harder teams to ensure we don't challenge for the title.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I went for 4th but I will be tempted to change my vote depending on our signings. A really good window and I might opt for 3rd but a disappointing window would see me vote 6th.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I voted 1st but not for comedy reasons. We are finally using a system that suits the talent in the team and you can't deny that when we were clicking last autumn we looked like one of the best teams in the league. We dismantled Chelsea during that timeframe as well as bodied them in the FA Cup Final.

We need to get lucky with injuries as we do every season but the formation suits the team makeup and we shouldn't be scrambling to assemble a defense to start the season like we did in the previous.

I'm always optimistic, regardless. COYG

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I believe we will do well but just fall short so I am going for 2nd

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
With the way our transfer window is going right now I'm predicting a 5th place finish but that can obviously change if we do some unexpected business (and our rivals don't)

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We are playing Chelsea three times this summer. Friendly in Asia (?), Community Shield, and then mid September fixture.

tcahill

I voted 1st but not for comedy reasons. We are finally using a system that suits the talent in the team and you can't deny that when we were clicking last autumn we looked like one of the best teams in the league. We dismantled Chelsea during that timeframe as well as bodied them in the FA Cup Final.

We need to get lucky with injuries as we do every season but the formation suits the team makeup and we shouldn't be scrambling to assemble a defense to start the season like we did in the previous.

I'm always optimistic, regardless. COYG

^agree completely

We've looked like a whole different team since the formation change, with nearly all wins, with some solid opponents too (Man U, Chelsea, Stoke away, City). Maybe i'm being a little too optimistic with the formation change but it seems to have made a real impact.

With new signings aimed at improving our lineup in this formation (looking at you mbappe/lacazette), we should be a strong force to compete in the league. Even if (god forbid) we lose alexis, as long as we get a decent replacement (hamez, lemar, even mahrez) i still reckon we'll have a strong lineup.

Liverpool and Sp**s also have pretty shallow squad depth (even chelsea's is pretty dodgy) and might struggle with the added games from CL. One benefit of wenger's squaddie transfer policy, is well, we have plenty of decent squaddies.

I voted 2nd place because Man City look bloody dangerous with the new quality they're bringing in (and bravo won't start anymore :( )

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I voted 5th because :

1. I can't see how we're expected to overhaul our rivals who're currently recruiting whilst we've yet to prepare a bid.

2. The Thursday-Sunday schedule is a factor we're unfamiliar with & will have a detrimental impact on our league campaign that we might end up sacrificing a decent finish in the league for a shot at champions league qualification via europa.

I'm sticking by my selection but will immensely thrilled to be proven wrong as the new season draws to a close.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I voted first. Given the formation change and hoping that we keep the players we need,I think we stand a chance. Every team we expect to challenge, has deficiencies. I don't think City will have it their own way despite their early aggression in the market. My opinion may change when the transfer window closes but if we do the right business, who knows...

Chris_Cheektown

I think we're just one striker away from first. Chelsea are falling out with Conte, Guardiola and Mourinho are still miles away from the teams they want, Liverpool are worse than us with less money to spend and Tottenham have to play a whole season away from home.

N

NotAUserName

3rd. Think only City and United will be better equipped than us to deal with the rigors of Europe and a competitive domestic league. Chelsea and Liverpool will struggle a bit and Sp**s have Wembley.

Crazycarrots

5th for much the same reasons as @Sapient Hawk.

I love the transfer window when the papers are saying Arsenal are interested in this player or that player and in the end we make a last minute panic buy from the Heather Mills school of football!!

Top Bottom