• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: We(nger) Go Again

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

eyoba

I opted for 1st because I Can!
Seriously though, I feel like Arsène is going to go out all guns blazing this season on the EPL and play fringe players for the cup competition including the UEFA cup.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Seriously though, I feel like Arséne is going to go out all guns blazing this season on the EPL and play fringe players for the cup competition including the UEFA cup.
Is this like an annual 'epiphany' or something? Now I know why some rival fans consider us more and more like Liverfool "This is our year"...

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
No, we currently have a deep squad. We should've had a much stronger season last campaign. There are weaknesses but every club in this league has those.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Seriously though, I feel like Arséne is going to go out all guns blazing this season on the EPL and play fringe players for the cup competition including the UEFA cup.

I hope that is not the case

not only is silverware silverware but a win is guaranteed CL without qualifying, and supercup means something to me atleast, bragging rights...

We should rotate yes (and especially have youngsters doing it)

playing away in Kazakhstan or something is character building

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Rouski

I didn't know this but I think a lot of our players need their values adjusting as nobody seems willing to pay what they're allegedly worth.On the other hand, AFC are optimistic as evidenced by Gibbs'value and what we actually want lol.

It could have something to do with the wages they are on, if they are on high wages, it is difficult for the club to get a high fee and also the player to be on the same or higher wages.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It could have something to do with the wages they are on, if they are on high wages, it is difficult for the club to get a high fee and also the player to be on the same or higher wages.
Agree. The silly wages we've paid makes it hard to get rid of these leeches.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm in danger of missing out on watching Arsenal play in the premier league for the first time in 22 years. It's a tragedy that sports get dragged into the arena of regional political disputes :(:mad::mad::mad:

alexbolt84

We have very serious opponents this year, specially in the beginning. Leicester City, Stroke City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc (https://777score.com/football/teams/arsenal-885 - there is the calendar with live broadcast) And for all of us these days will be full of worries and emotions but it will be fun as well. It's gonna be long and hardworking way to be the 1st this year but they will do it!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Went for 4th again, I see there's a lot of votes for 1st for comedy value but I actually think these polls are interesting come the end of the season. I think Wenger's management style at this stage always gives us a chance at 4th, picking up enough points off the smaller teams to make it into top 4 while ****ting the bed against harder teams to ensure we don't challenge for the title.
Chelsea of course being the hardest team of all by the very definition of being league champions. We beat them twice convincingly. Once on a massive stage in front of the whole world.

Yet we lost to Watford, West Brom and Crystal Palace . . . lower teams

People still persist with this myth about us wetting the bed against top EPL sides in big games.

Our results against the three richest teams Man U, Chelsea and Man C for the last 5 years or so is about even overall, home and away. Probably worse against Sp**s, but I don't call them a top team :lol: and Wenger has made them them look poor for 20 of his 21 year reign.

Was hoping the anti Wenger propaganda would abate with the new contract, but Gazidis' call for unity amongst fans today is probably just p*ssing in the wind.

Last edited:

BobP

Memri Fan
Chelsea of course being the hardest team of all by the very definition of being league champions. We beat them twice convincingly. Once on a massive stage in front of the whole world.

People still persist with this myth about us wetting the bed against top EPL sides in big games.

Our results against the three richest teams Man U, Chelsea and Man C for the last 5 years or so is about even overall, home and away. Probably worse against Sp**s, but I don't call them a top team :lol: and Wenger has made them them look poor for 20 of his 21 year reign.

Was hoping the anti Wenger propaganda would abate with the new contract, but Gazidis' call for unity amongst fans today is probably just p*ssing in the wind.

It's no myth.

You can't possibly be arguing, in the face of the very clear evidence, that we perform well consistently against 'big' teams.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Wenger still hasn't beaten Poch in the league. Unacceptable. Yet to win at Old Trafford in the league since 2006. Liverpool did the double against us. Even City who we do well against has beaten us. Been pretty shambolic last season.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It's no myth.

You can't possibly be arguing, in the face of the very clear evidence, that we perform well consistently against 'big' teams.

Just told you the last five years against the richest three teams in England we're roughly even in wins and loses, home and away. And you quote me just away games. SMH

You frustrated guys will stop at nothing. :lol:

Godwin1

Very well-known

We beat Chelsea and Man utd in the league last season, all of our other performances against the top sides were disgusting, poor morale deflating performances. Admittedly though during our last 5 games the victories over Man Utd and Stoke were pretty encouraging. 4th is a safe bet it easily reflects the ability of this squad and manager. Don't be one of those guys who "supports the team and manager" by voting us finishing 1st for the past 10 season.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

We beat Chelsea and Man utd in the league last season, all of our other performances against the top sides were disgusting, poor morale deflating performances. Admittedly though during our last 5 games the victories over Man Utd and Stoke were pretty encouraging. 4th is a safe bet it easily reflects the ability of this squad and manager. Don't be one of those guys who "supports the team and manager" by voting us finishing 1st for the past 10 season.
Don't forget the wins against Man C and Chelsea in the cup.

4th is a safe bet, even though we missed it by 1 point this season. The other 20 years add credence.

There's nothing wrong with dreaming though. When reality comes up short, that's when the problems arise. Some just say 'C'est la vie', but others lose their sh*t and get angry. It just a reflection of your personality.

Top Bottom