• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

Aevi

Hale End FC
Premier League 2018/19

4us2nCgl6kgZc0t3hpW75Q_48x48.png
IcOt-hrK04B-RlRwI3R0yA_48x48.png
EKIe0e-ZIphOcfQAwsuEEQ_48x48.png
teLLSaMXim_8BA1d93sMng_48x48.png
mTDxrTqWa4SqI0rCi5LhqA_48x48.png
fhBITrIlbQxhVB6IjxUO6Q_48x48.png
8piQOzndGmApKYTcvyN9vA_48x48.png
C3J47ea36cMBc4XPbp9aaA_48x48.png
Gh7_5p3n364p4vxeM8FhNg_48x48.png
Pkhtbw1Npp_vEjxqRSZWwA_48x48.png
UDYY4FSlty6fXFBzvFfcyw_48x48.png
0iShHhASp5q1SL4JhtwJiw_48x48.png
z44l-a0W1v5FmgPnemV6Xw_48x48.png
udQ6ns69PctCv143h-GeYw_48x48.png
96CcNNQ0AYDAbssP0V9LuQ_48x48.png
y1V4sm2SEBiWUPRIYl5rfg_48x48.png
k3Q_mKE98Dnohrcea0JFgQ_48x48.png
lHr1L31i7aJS-O8tUdHOIQ_48x48.png
bXkiyIzsbDip3x2FFcUU3A_48x48.png
-WjHLbBIQO9xE2e2MW3OPQ_48x48.png

How do we match up against other teams?
How do you think we'll fare this season?
What do you think the fight for CL/EL places will look like?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Going with 5th/6th but not all that optimistic with the defence we have now & big pressure on unproven midfielders.

Was always easy to brush off teams behind us spending big but now we have no settled team & 80% new players in the starting lineup its a danger. We are not settled & no different to them.

I believe after the Manchester clubs 3rd-8th will be a bloodbath this season.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal

That's my top 4 prediction. Chelsea have somehow managed to have a pretty good window. Sarri is a good manager. United are in for a tough season imo. Scoring goals is a massive problem for them and they haven't really addressed that. As for us, even I'm only going by what I've seen in preseason, our attack looks a lot more structured and direct. Defensively we struggled but, we're not gonna be facing teams of the calibre of Chelsea every week. And with time Emery will drill his players well. I'm hopeful.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I believe after the Manchester clubs 3rd-8th will be a bloodbath this season.
United doesn't impress me that much, they added a good player but didn't address their fullback issue and Mourinho looks like he's in a downward spiral. That combined with Chelsea's own adaptation period to Sarri and Tottenham's bad window means top 4 is a realistic target imo.

Aevi

Hale End FC
On another note, I'm curious to see whether the likes of West Ham and Wolverhampton can push for an EL spot. Pellegrini could work wonders with the Hammer's new transfers, and Leipzig have shown that being newly promoted doesn't mean much if you have the quality.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Gonna be optimistic and say 4th. Though it's hard to know about United and Chelsea. Maybe the United players will rally behind Mourinho despite all the unrest and stuff, if they do then they've got the quality to finish top 4 rather comfortably. While at Chelsea it's interesting, they still are short of goal-scorers with Morata up front but there midfield is taking shape certainly. Sp**s will probably slip out this season.

One thing is for sure City and Liverpool should be 1st and 2nd respectively. If Liverpool aren't 2nd and put in some sort of challenge then serious questions have to be asked of Klopp.

I'm optimistic for us because of our attack, our defense is a major worry which will hold us back a lot and ensure that we'll probably fight till the end to get a top 4 spot rather than doing it comfortably.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Il take 4th now. City and Pool for the title, utd will be 3rd if Jose doesnt have a meltdown. We will finish above Sp**s and chelsea imo as chelsea dont have much in attack.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think Westham might have a good campaing this year. Don't think much of Everton, despite all their signings.

Our luck is that our rivals and teams below who'll play catch up also have new managers or low investments (and in Utd's case a coinflip in Mourinho).

In any case, those teams are bound to take points of off Chelsea, Sp**s, et. al.

I voted third because if we click, I think we'll be set to top 3 behind City and Liverpool.

If we fixed our away form last year we would've finish in a CL spot. A shame our two first fixtures are the way they are.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I don't feel like the club have been very ambitious really. But then we aren't alone there anymore are we.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I've predicted 4th but I have absolutely no idea where we will finish this coming season, could be anywhere from 7th-2nd.

We've took a step forward I believe but no idea how large, I'm worried we have left ourselves short in defence and also midfield.

But then I also see joy at the club mainly Auba and wonder if the change of manager, excitement could drag us into a good finish like 2nd-3rd. I've always wanted to see this squad under new management and here we are.

Going to be an interesting journey, just hope not in the David Moyes style!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
United doesn't impress me that much, they added a good player but didn't address their fullback issue and Mourinho looks like he's in a downward spiral. That combined with Chelsea's own adaptation period to Sarri and Tottenham's bad window means top 4 is a realistic target imo.

I sure am intrigued to see what United turns up tomorrow & could tell us alot.

I just look at their squad & some immense talent two of which off big world cups. Last year they played poorly but still finished 2nd comfortably with a high total. If the forwards click or Fred can balance that Pogba midfield could be the ones to watch.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I think it will be

1st - City
2nd & 3rd - Between us & Liverpool
4th - Between Utd, Chelsea and Sp**s.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Think that Sp**s will miss top 4 this time around.It would be surprise if they get to CL next season.Liverpool and City will in top 4 for sure.And Utd,Chelsea and Arsenal will fight for 3-rd and 4-th spot.Mourinho didn't buy anything special this summer and his 3-rd season in every club was kinda average.Chelsea still lack real quality in some areas.And we should do better than in last two season with new manager,different style and some good signings over summer.

SpookyDukey

I think we’ll finish 4th at best, 6th at worst. No doubt we will score an abundance of goals but not convinced by our defence (I know they’ll be well drilled but still think we lack some attributes required). Also not convinced by Leno, not because he seems bad just I haven’t seen enough of him to be full of confidence. The sad thing for me is the ages of the bulk of all our recent players brought in. I would have rather us invested heavily in younger talents on the up then players already peaked. Auba, Sokratis, Mhiki, Özil and obviously Lichy will all be the wrong side of 30 by next year. So if we don’t get our defence right this season but do make improvements next season, while our defence will be on the up our attacking options will be in decline. I don’t see how we are building a team for the future. It still feels like we are being reactive rather then proactive and too much focus on now. Admittedly Uzi & Torre and Mavro all youths with great potential. But I’d rather we spent less on ageing players and invested more in the stars of tomorrow. Let’s just hope our recent academy graduates reach the dizzy heights we all hope for.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'm truly optimistic. I think there's a decent chance Arsenal finishes 3rd. I figure City is the team to beat (although it's hard to repeat). I think Liverpool did enough that they can finish 2nd even if Salah turns out to be more Mahrez than Messi (if he does have that kind of season again they could actually push City for the title). After that, I think it's going to be a scramble.

Manchester United looks like they have Mourinho meltdown written all over them. Sp**s have done nothing -- period -- much less anything to improve themselves. That could have a negative impact on the squad. And since a few of their players were reported to be looking to leave, they might have an unhappy player or two. Chelsea has the potential to be very good, but they're kind of a mess right now. Sarri's system is a big departure from Conte's, so there could be a lengthy adjustment period. They don't seem to have a really top goalscorer like the other top clubs. I like the midfielders they brought in. But losing Courtois is huge. Kepa has a lot of potential, but no way he's at that level. He'll have a lot of pressure on him.

Arsenal needs to do two things: get better defensively and improve their away form. I think they'll do both. The away form was just an anomaly. I'm sure they'll be mentally tougher. Defensively, Torreira will make a huge difference. I expect a lot less mad scrambling at the back thanks to his work in front of them. In Sokratis, Arsenal acquired a solid, no-nonsense center back who has been credited with only 1 defensive error in Bundesliga over the past 4 seasons combined. I expect improvement from Mustafi. Maybe Emery's video analysis and work on areas of weakness will turn him into the player he can be. Lichtsteiner is nearing the end of his career, but he's one of the best right backs of his generation. He brings some much-needed leadership and can be invaluable in teaching Bellerin a thing or two (as well as pushing him for playing time). I figure the defense will grow into a pretty solid unit as the season goes along.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Is this likely to be Everton's most realistic lineup -

Tusan
Richarl Bernard Walcott/Lookman
Gueye Gomes
Digne Mina Keane Coleman
Pickford

Not a clue on Bernard but assume he's a central/wide attacking mid?

Nothing about that team screams top 6 challenge to me (famous last words)

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The signings of Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan have gone so under the radar. Our attack has the potential to blow most opposition defences right off their hinges. Also expecting a big season from Özil.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom