• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

Let's play Aubamawang

It's time to put all of our eggs into the Europa League basket if we want CL football. At this point, we should blood some of our talented youngsters in the league. It's not like they can do worse than some of our senior players.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
What promising youngsters do we even have? The only one we've got is out on loan being benched in Germany. The rest are either not ready and probably won't be good enough for us anyway.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What promising youngsters do we even have? The only one we've got is out on loan being benched in Germany. The rest are either not ready and probably won't be good enough for us anyway.
The quality bar is pretty low today so maybe some of them can make it here, but if not, we can hire someone like @Beksl to get 30-40m for them and reinvest the money.

blaze_of_glory

It certainly does look our best chance at the moment. Just have to hope Emery's experience in it pays off.

Let's play Aubamawang

Emile Smith Rowe, Joe Willock both seem to be doing well. I've also heard good things about Zech Medley, and tbh we must have at least one young cb that is better than Mustafi.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Just realised we could potentially be 11 points ahead of United had we beaten their **** team a few games back.

What a meltdown it's gonna be when they pass us at fifth after our annual City thrashing:lol:

Let's win the EL.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Feels like we’re missing most of the pieces to the puzzle

Left back that’s top level
CB next to Sokratis
CM next to Torreira
Winger of top quality
Sub that’s top quality in midfield or attack

Feels like we need to buy all of them to challenge for top 4 realistically
That’s £250m
And that's been our ongoing issue. We need to buy all these in one window, two maximum. We've been trying to do it at a rate of one player every summer.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
In a very few weeks we've gone from having a decent chance of 4th to unlikely contenders. If we lose to Chelsea next week we'll be down to 6th and nine points off the CL places.

That will be curtains for the season, we have only the Europa League and FA Cup to play for and the positive spirit of the autumn seems to have largely dissipated.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I still think top 4 is manageable if things fall our way but I wouldn't hold my breathe to say the least. We need to ensure we beat Chelsea and that they have a horrible run of form. It's still too early to judge but I think we just need to take it one match at a time and see where the other top 4 contenders fall. Luckily, Sp**s have some injuries which could drag them down but we do need to be wary of United as well as they are starting to click and will fight to overtake us. Fingers crossed we put up a good fight until the end and if we manage to F it up, let's hope we can lift the EL and find our way into the CL.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's very tough I think, thank god for the Europa League. Next week is a must win if we're gonna finish top 4 through the league but our performances in recent times make that unlikely (as unimpressed as I am with Chelsea). Hopefully the lads can lift themselves and produce a big game performance like in the NLD and like vs Liverpool at home.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

It's very tough I think, thank god for the Europa League. Next week is a must win if we're gonna finish top 4 through the league but our performances in recent times make that unlikely (as unimpressed as I am with Chelsea). Hopefully the lads can lift themselves and produce a big game performance like in the NLD and like vs Liverpool at home.

Thing is I can see us beating Chelsea but it wont matter because we know for certain that we will drop stupid points elsewhere because this team cant get it up, at embarrising times.

say yes

forum master baiter
Weighted League Table - GW22

If you've not seen one of these before, it essentially weights results against the quality of teams faced. It will be exactly the same as the league table at the end of the season (when everyone has played every team twice), but until then it shows you roughly how well each club is doing given the fixtures played.

A 'champion' is expected to get 89 points: 3/6 points from your rivals; 4/6 from the middling teams; 6/6 from the weaker teams. Doing so would give you 89 points.

2018/2019 rankings:
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Sp**s
Newcastle, Watford, Brighton, Leicester, Everton
Newcastle (28 home points, 10 from Big 6)
Watford (27 home points, 8 from Big 6)
Brighton (29 home points, 7 from Big 6)
Leicester (27 home points, 7 from Big 6)
Everton (34 home points, 2 from Big 6)
Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford, Southampton, Huddersfield, Wolves, Fulham, Cardiff

2eobmna.jpg

2mqp0s4.png

Liverpool: +9
City: +5
Sp**s: -2
United: -7
Chelsea: -10
Arsenal: -12

Top Bottom