• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Paddy Power are offering City to win the league, Arsenal top 4 and Southampton to go down at 75/1! Seems pretty good odds all things considered.

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Utd/Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Utd/Chelsea
6. Sp**s

Unsure who is going to struggle out of Chelsea and Utd

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Can't see us do better than 5/6th tbh. Making the top four will depend on Utd imploding and Sp**s messing it up. Both things out of our control. Hopefully the race is tight though, and Chelsea choose to give the league higher priority and we can get in the CL by winning the EL. In fact I'll back emery against Sarri if it comes to a one off fixture. And no big team parachuting down from the CL will also aid our cause.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Is this likely to be Everton's most realistic lineup -

Tusan
Richarl Bernard Walcott/Lookman
Gueye Gomes
Digne Mina Keane Coleman
Pickford

Not a clue on Bernard but assume he's a central/wide attacking mid?

Nothing about that team screams top 6 challenge to me (famous last words)
Almost, Sigurdsson is their CAM while Bernard is fighting for Walcott's place in the team (but is backup atm).

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Paddy Power are offering City to win the league, Arsenal top 4 and Southampton to go down at 75/1! Seems pretty good odds all things considered.

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Utd/Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Utd/Chelsea
6. Sp**s

Unsure who is going to struggle out of Chelsea and Utd
Think Southampton will stay up. Will be interesting to see how Burnley cope with European football and think one of last seasons promoted teams will struggle.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Cant see us breaking the top four this season, its too soon for Emery and the side.

6th place for me, possibly 5th, but with a steady improvement overall. Its going to be a rough start though.

If supported enough by the board, with quality signings we will be a force to be reckoned with by the end of next season. Emery needs time.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Cant see us breaking the top four this season, its too soon for Emery and the side.

6th place for me, possibly 5th, but with a steady improvement overall. Its going to be a rough start though.

If supported enough by the board, with quality signings we will be a force to be reckoned with by the end of next season. Emery needs time.
We have plenty of firepower and more solid in midfield which in turn will help our defence. We are in for the top 4 fight 100%

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

The optimist in me has went for 3rd behind City and Liverpool. Fancy both Utd and Sp**s to struggle (would insert the drool emoji if it still existed). Our attack should score plenty of goals and hopefully Torreira helps protect our defence a bit more than they've been used to.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I'm not really sure what to think. Well I am. It's downbeat.

I'm thinking from when Wenger signed his last deal to now the footballing landscape has changed drastically. Two seasons outside Europe's premier competition. Sp**s finishing ahead of us twice. Transfers breaching the 100m mark, 70m becoming the new 20m. Fulham spending over 100m, Everton with all their cash, in general West Ham, Wolves and a host of others snapping up players on big fees. I'm not necessarily concerned about the size of the fees themselves but ultimately the fact it makes the market more difficult for us, as a club not able to offer the top anymore. A resurgent Liverpool spending big and on quality as well.

It's hard to see with all that and more thrown in how we change the game. Have we left it to late? 2016 we spent a fortune yet under the radar went Dembele, we didn't go for Kante who now seems cheap and could have picked up Van Dijk. I know that's old ground. But have we by delaying what inevitably was going to happen made the job to big? That to catch up requires much more than what we have given? And have we missed the boat on a lot of the players that could be in now making the difference as opposed to being with other clubs making life for us more difficult?

The optimist says we've still quality. And that they needed a change to refresh them. We didn't sustain what we did for so long by being average or worse poor and quality endures. There is hope. But we need a lot to right for us.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I'm not really sure what to think. Well I am. It's downbeat.

I'm thinking from when Wenger signed his last deal to now the footballing landscape has changed drastically. Two seasons outside Europe's premier competition. Sp**s finishing ahead of us twice. Transfers breaching the 100m mark, 70m becoming the new 20m. Fulham spending over 100m, Everton with all their cash, in general West Ham, Wolves and a host of others snapping up players on big fees. I'm not necessarily concerned about the size of the fees themselves but ultimately the fact it makes the market more difficult for us, as a club not able to offer the top anymore. A resurgent Liverpool spending big and on quality as well.

It's hard to see with all that and more thrown in how we change the game. Have we left it to late? 2016 we spent a fortune yet under the radar went Dembele, we didn't go for Kante who now seems cheap and could have picked up Van Dijk. I know that's old ground. But have we by delaying what inevitably was going to happen made the job to big? That to catch up requires much more than what we have given? And have we missed the boat on a lot of the players that could be in now making the difference as opposed to being with other clubs making life for us more difficult?

The optimist says we've still quality. And that they needed a change to refresh them. We didn't sustain what we did for so long by being average or worse poor and quality endures. There is hope. But we need a lot to right for us.
Problem is we sat on our hands haggling for the sake of a few million each time. Fast forward 3 years and they seem like a bargain, also Wenger was to loyal to some of his players.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Problem is we sat on our hands haggling for the sake of a few million each time. Fast forward 3 years and they seem like a bargain, also Wenger was to loyal to some of his players.
That's not even the problem. It's just something that happened. We may still have missed out on those targets. But it's just the freshness that was perhaps needed then to change things to stay ahead of the curve that happened.

West Ham have a former league winning manager and a new stadium. Sp**s have a new stadium. Liverpool have significantly increased the size of their stadium. The weaker clubs are richer at the very least. There are a lot of young hungry managers in the league employing modern methods. And then in general the money has exploded again.

I hope we give Emery the time he needs. And in the long term the backing. I still feel we've added smartly in the window but it's the overall change. A system that's been in place top to bottom for 20 plus years. There is so much to get right internally that the external factors make the time scales to get things in house sorted much shorter. Which isn't just I feel realistic.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I was thinking about areas of out team vs the other top 6

GK - We probably have the weakest but that is more down to how good the other keepers are than any slight on Leno.

Fullback - Not as good as City and Sp**s but at least equal to the rest I would say.

Central defence - Probably the weakest, a big worry.

Central midfield - Maybe not as good as City, Chelsea and Liverpool but easily as good as Utd and Sp**s

Forwards - I wouldn't swap our front 4 of Auba, Laca, Özil and Mhki for any of the others except maybe Liverpool but there is no guarantee they will be as good as last season.

Manager/coach - I think Emery can be as good as any of them. For all the smoke blown up Pep and Klopps backsides I don't think they are as Godlike as they are made out to be.

I'm worried about our defence and think we may well miss out on top 4 but we will be much closer this time.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

That's not even the problem. It's just something that happened. We may still have missed out on those targets. But it's just the freshness that was perhaps needed then to change things to stay ahead of the curve that happened.

West Ham have a former league winning manager and a new stadium. Sp**s have a new stadium. Liverpool have significantly increased the size of their stadium. The weaker clubs are richer at the very least. There are a lot of young hungry managers in the league employing modern methods. And then in general the money has exploded again.

I hope we give Emery the time he needs. And in the long term the backing. I still feel we've added smartly in the window but it's the overall change. A system that's been in place top to bottom for 20 plus years. There is so much to get right internally that the external factors make the time scales to get things in house sorted much shorter. Which isn't just I feel realistic.
The current structure should have been in place 5 years ago. Too many problems have accumulated to the point where we are now. We are playing catch up it will take 3 years to get where we need too. So i agree with you Emery will need time and i think he will get it bar a disaster.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We have plenty of firepower and more solid in midfield which in turn will help our defence. We are in for the top 4 fight 100%

Let’s see what happens, it would be excellent if we can gel as quickly as that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Let's see how we start , if Özil head is right and Xhaka doesn't start slow ... I reckon top 4, personally would think we are capable of top 2 .

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I really think we can get top 4 this season and with a top CB & LB next summer we can go on to challenge for the PL in 2019/2020. Here's my predictions for top 4.

City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Our first objective should be to restore balance in North London and send Sp**s back where they belong: below us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Always difficult to predict but if we earn like 7 points from our first 3 games because it's tough then we made a very good step.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
We’re probably weakest in defence but we still managed to upgrade on GK, and two seasoned veterans that will bring much needed stability, calmness and a bit of grit. I’d say we’re better off than last year.

First time after many seasons midfield looks balanced and roles clearly defined and even though we still lack quality we look better than last season.

Attack is borderline worldclass and with Auba and Mikhi going in to their first full seasons and looking like they’re settled very well this is the strongest part of our team and on par with City and Pool. Better than last year.

New manager that is tactically prudent, can adapt and in line with newest footballing trends. Upgrade on Wenger from the last years.

Happy and motivated squad with no looming tranfers sagas and managerial doubt.

Overall we’re looking better than in previous season(s) and top4 should be achievable.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom