Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Aug 9, 2018.

?

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

1. 1st

6.9%
  2. 2nd

2.8%
  3. 3rd

29.2%
  4. 4th

37.5%
  5. 5th/6th

23.6%
  6. 7th or lower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Chelsea, United and Spurs have all had poor transfer windows. We should have go balls out and broke the bank for some big money signings to take advantage of this. Feel like it's an opportunity missed. I'm quietly confident we'll pick Spurs and Chelsea to 4th this year.

2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

The work needed to be done is even more than I thought after seeing us in pre-season so a long long way to go.

Said earlier this season can be seen as write off as we adjust new system and pressing game and I stand by it! Anything above 6th will be a nice bonus!

3. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Wouldn't kill you to be a bit positive you know :lol: I think we've looked decent pre season! Think the defending might take a little while to iron out.

4. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Agenda Merchant

I am ****ing positive mate. I said it would take one season.

Don't ****ing quote me again.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  5. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Or else? :lol:

6. Pat Rice

Pat Rice Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy

In order of competence in each position:

GK: Utd, City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal/Chelsea

Fullbacks: City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd
    CB: City, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal

CM: City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Utd, Spurs

AM/Wingers: City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs

Strikers: City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea

That’s my opinion looking at the squads around us. If we are being realistic 4th/5th would be a successful season. Although the cut off beyond 4th (I.e europa league) raises the stakes.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  7. Penn_

Penn_ Well-Known Member

What are people’s expectations for this season? Seen quite a few say anything other than top four is a write off but realistically it should be a battle for 3rd/4th between Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham and us.

I think most would be happy be 5th, with the team generally coming together but a few slip ups costing us. Although, having said that, all it would’ve taken season to get 4th would be to fix the horrible away form.

8. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Closet Spurs Fan

4th has to be the minimum. If not 4th then win the Europa. We absolutely have to get back into the CL if we want to recruit better next summer.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  9. Trilly

Trilly ^ If Michael Owen posted on AM

I remember when this thread used to be called the race for the title. Crazy thing is it doesn't even feel like it was that long ago.

OnlyOne likes this.
  10. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Still Not a Mod

Back when this forum had decent posters. :(

11. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Well-Known Member

Il take 4th at this point cl is crucial. Im not bothered about the league/fa cup this season. Once emery knows his best 11 we will go from strength to strength, i think we will get 2 players in Jan also.

12. Xanth

Xanth Active Member

Getting back to CL is imperative and should be considered the minimum achievement for this season. Our squad is not suited for a rebuilding project, I think there’s a reason the club had chosen to sign veteran talents this year.