• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Fully lost my head today.

Got this disgusting thought of Chelsea getting top 4 and beating us in a Europa League final.

They wont make the final.

Frankfurt to destroy them

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Fail to beat Wolves and it’s out of our hands, I think Chelsea will not be perfect from here on out but I just wish it was in our hands still.
Fail to beat Wolves and it might be time to put all the eggs in the EL basket

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We still are 4th, and its in our hands.

The margin for error though is now literally... "dont blink first"

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fail to beat Wolves and it might be time to put all the eggs in the EL basket

Depends on Chelsea’s results. Our games after Wednesday do ease up a lot imo.

We’re almost needing Utd to do us a massive favour next week but you never know.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

We can still do it, little margin for error but we’ve seen recently how poor the teams are around us are.

That's it for me as well. We just have to be less **** than the teams around us. Still think it's between us and Chelsea for 4th though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Depends on Chelsea’s results. Our games after Wednesday do ease up a lot imo.

We’re almost needing Utd to do us a massive favour next week but you never know.
If I had to pick, I'd say Chelsea will get 73 points. 2 wins and 2 draws could do it. If the injuries don't ease up that might be tough to make.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I don't think we will do it. Not because of the mathematics or the games on paper, but because of what this team tends to show when it matters.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I expected us to lose Watford and win this, so point wise we're where I expected after those 2 games. I just can't see Chelsea or Manu not dropping more points either(even when you disregard the game between them). 2 wins might be enough I think, we'll see.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's f*cked us that we're still going all out in both comps really, don't have the depth for it. We can win every game till the end of the season if we don't lose people through injuries, it's killing us atm.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
A 38 game season never boils down to just one moment, but I hope we're not sitting here in 3 weeks lamenting Auba's penalty miss at Sp**s. Those 2 points could make all the difference in the world.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Mustafi has cost us points in the most infuriating way. Auba has won us way more points than he's cost.

The worst thing with Mustafi is how it always had to be so brainlessly thrown away.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A 38 game season never boils down to just one moment, but I hope we're not sitting here in 3 weeks lamenting Auba's penalty miss at Sp**s. Those 2 points could make all the difference in the world.
You can argue the ref cost us a point today. Then you have the countless individual mistakes.

Harsh to pin point back to Auba.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You can argue the ref cost us a point today. Then you have the countless individual mistakes.

Yep, let's also not forgot Mustafi gave the pen away against Sp**s. That dickhead will cost us top 4 if we don't get it.

OSBK

Established Member
Im happy to be where we are. Honestly at the start of the season i was looking at 6th place, to be where we are is outstanding.

Having said that today was another unreal chance to put serious pressure on the teams around us and solidify a too 4 spot. Had we won today then i dont see anyone catching us but the loss has put all that pressure on us. I dont blame emery for today, all this team selection and tactics stuff is taking the blame for the players not performing. Those players he put out today are at arsenal and should be fighting and earning the wage, emery has given them a platform and they yet again have shown us,the club,the board and the world how utterly useless they are. We are lumbered with this trash now, what team would take mustafi after today. Its not even funny how a failed rb at palace covering at cb has a better game than a guy who earns 90k a week.

CL qualification is the catlyst for change for arsenal, without it this season then we will stuck with these utter garbage players.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

I’m not pinning it on him, as has been rightly pointed out he’s won a lot of points this season too. It’s just that one moment against Sp**s was frustrating, since you’d expect a top striker to finish a penalty. You can’t really control referee decisions like today.

rockofcashel

The Europa League winners are entitled to a Champions League spot as of right.

So too are the Champions League winners.

And the EPL are entitled to 4 CL spots.

Any league however, is entitled to a maximum of 5 spots in the CL.

Liverpool and City have already assured themselves spots, via the League.

Assuming Sp**s will also win one via the league, then the PL will be entitled to a 4th league based spot.

Assuming Arsenal and Chelsea finish in 4th and 5th (in either order), then both will take the final two CL spots, if both get to the EL final.

Assume Chelsea and Arsenal reach the EL final.

If Chelsea have finished 4th, but Arsenal win the EL, Arsenal qualify via the EL and Chelsea via the league.

If Arsenal finish 4th, and Chelsea win EL, Chelsea qualify via the EL, and Arsenal via the league.

However, if Arsenal finish 5th, and Chelsea win the EL, Chelsea qualify via the EL, and Arsenal take the 4th league based CL spot.

If Chelsea finish 5th, and Arsenal win EL, both clubs go through again.

So right now, Arsenal fans need Arsenal and Chelsea to win the EL semi finals. If both get to the final, and both finish top 5, both go to CL next year.

We need City to batter United, and United/Chelsea draw.

Would be nice if both clubs went to the EL knowing they were going to CL next year no matter what the result

rockofcashel

Plus if Arsenal get to EL final and need to win to secure CL next year, then Leno should play rather than Cech.

Best team has to play

Latest posts+

Top Bottom