• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
First Pool game is massive, had my eye on it for months.

If we can win that it’ll be huge, it’d do wonders for this team.

I'm still pissed we drew against them at home last year.. That was a brilliant comeback and Özil masterclass ruined by poor defending or goalkeeping. We have nothing to fear against them and at home I like our chances.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm still pissed we drew against them at home last year.. That was a brilliant comeback and Özil masterclass ruined by poor defending or goalkeeping. We have nothing to fear against them and at home I like our chances.

Cech :mad:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Really don't want to talk about the title yet, especially when it could come all crashing back down quite quickly. But certainly top 4 we're in with a real chance and finishing top 4 will be a great achievement if we can do it.

I think City will walk it again anyways, there is apart of me that thinks we COULD finish above Chelsea and even Liverpool but it's still a tall ask, both teams have some top players, Liverpool especially have improved all round even if they've not been brilliant thus far.

But certainly the way we're going you're starting to get more and more confident in the team. I'm starting to feel a confidence I haven't felt for quite a few years, in the games against the team outside the top 6 especially I don't really feel like there's a big chance we could slip up like we've done in recent times.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Let's take it one step at a time. The teams around us keep winning and especially Man City are very good.

Meanwhile, our recent first halves have not been convincing. Selhurst Park is next, somewhat a bogey place for us to go. What do our competitors have? Want them to start dropping points..

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
On their day Liverpool is probably the strongest opponent in the world except maybe 100% Barca, but they aren't that strong right now and do not have the same momentum we do right now so I am optimistic that there is a chance to get something out of it.

However, I am still kinda damaged by some trashings we got from them a few seasons back when they haven't even been that good. Our defense doesn't look so much better and their heavy metal football, as Klopp likes to say it, is probably the biggest challenge

natural

Established Member
Liverpool’s form will drop as they don’t have that creative AM/CM and the front 3 is not playing well this season. City is the team to beat if we are aiming for the title which I don’t see why not.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I disagree, this squad can make top 4 easily, unless of course Tottenham or Man. United suddenly up their game massively.

Tottenham have been comfortably worse than us and are worse off on goal difference after an easier first 10 games, with a settled manager which should have been an advantage until now, with weaker depth for the rest of the season, and with their best players regressing in form (which was expected at some point tbh,) very difficult to argue that they are favourites to overtake us at this point.

Man. United are a mess and if Mourinho turns this around, making top 4 and winning an FA Cup for example, IMO it would be the second greatest managerial achievement of his career, very difficult hole to climb out of he's dug himself in.

But this is all ifs and buts. Squad-wise we are fine for the time being, we need to cut out the injuries and play to our best, and if we are overtaken for top 4 then fair play to the opposition.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I disagree, this squad can make top 4 easily, unless of course Tottenham or Man. United suddenly up their game massively.

Tottenham have been comfortably worse than us and are worse off on goal difference after an easier first 10 games, with a settled manager which should have been an advantage until now, with weaker depth for the rest of the season, and with their best players regressing in form (which was expected at some point tbh,) very difficult to argue that they are favourites to overtake us at this point.

Man. United are a mess and if Mourinho turns this around, making top 4 and winning an FA Cup for example, IMO it would be the second greatest managerial achievement of his career, very difficult hole to climb out of he's dug himself in.

But this is all ifs and buts. Squad-wise we are fine for the time being, we need to cut out the injuries and play to our best, and if we are overtaken for top 4 then fair play to the opposition.
For top 4 the squad is fine imo. We need 5 players to complete the SQUAD for the title imo

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn’t give any thought to top 4 just yet. Not to be a negative nelly, but playing well at this time of year isn’t new for us. Heck even last year weren’t we in the top 4 race at Christmas? I’d say if we’re in or around the top 4 come February then we can start to say we’ve really made an improvement.

We definitely can achieve it though, it’s within our capabilities. Man City will win the league, Liverpool will finish above us simply because their defence is very good, Chelsea is a bit unknown but if Hazard fancies it they’re probably out of reach, but Utd and Sp*rs are gettable for sure.

We’ll need a Van Dijk to challenge for the title though. Give all the Adidas money to Koulibaly, that should do it.

ThlRama

Wouldn’t give any thought to top 4 just yet. Not to be a negative nelly, but playing well at this time of year isn’t new for us. Heck even last year weren’t we in the top 4 race at Christmas? I’d say if we’re in or around the top 4 come February then we can start to say we’ve really made an improvement.

It's about how things have been looking until now, everything can change, no doubt. But going by the evidence, no chance whatsoever we aren't favourites over Sp**s and United currently.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's about how things have been looking until now, everything can change, no doubt. But going by the evidence, no chance whatsoever we aren't favourites over Sp**s and United currently.

Right but that doesn’t mean anything. This is football, it can change in an instant. We’ve looked great in the autumn before and gone on to **** things up. If this current team gets through the winter without a collapse then we can start talking about an improved team.

ThlRama

Right but that doesn’t mean anything. This is football, it can change in an instant. We’ve looked great in the autumn before and gone on to **** things up. If this current team gets through the winter without a collapse then we can start talking about an improved team.

I think a lot of that was down to Wenger and the total lack of squad depth during the past, both these things are gone now. Sure we should go game by game, but as a fan I have shaken post-Wenger traumatic syndrome already. We'll see how this pans out, but it won't pan out Wenger-ish, even if we collapse it'll look, feel and be different in essence.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Liverpool have become so over rated. Their midfield is ****, Allison has been hugely unimpressive, Van Dijk is good but capable of brain fart like against City and their attack is not going to do what it did last year. I really don't see us behind them at all, never mind as far back as the media would have you believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom