• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Liverpool have become so over rated. Their midfield is ****, Allison has been hugely unimpressive, Van Dijk is good but capable of brain fart like against City and their attack is not going to do what it did last year. I really don't see us behind them at all, never mind as far back as the media would have you believe.

The cockiness of their fans is absurd. For a team winning feck all for us long as I can remember they surely feel entitled. Completely opposite from our dehydrated fans who are living in a PTSD world. It's like they live in cyclic memory dimension, a bit like dogs.

Would drop points at Palace away just if it means we smash them. I am just scared that our first half set up will give them momentum. The worst thing possible is that we give them a jumping board from where they kick off their attacking potential. Emery has to get that game right.

HBL

Established Member
Liverpool have the best defence in the league since January, maybe some on here are underrating them. Van Dijk has been phenomenal for them and Alisson is a great keeper.

GoonerBoy19

At least Emery is honest and acknowledges that we need to improve a lot to challenge top teams. We need to fly under the radar and rack up points like we are doing now. Media will create hype for the pool tie and try to shame us in every possible way. I hope squad stay focused irrespective of the result and give a good fight for top4 and Europa league.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Also worth mentioning how weird the table is already. No one has really come out all guns blazing, but the top 5 teams all have a lot of points. This is the first time in top flight history apparently that four teams have all won 7 of their first 9 games.

Look at La Liga for example, played 9 games but the leaders are 5 points behind our leaders and their 5th team is 5 points behind our 5th team.

No one’s in top form but everyone is picking up points, makes it interesting. City’ll still win it of course.

HBL

Established Member
Also worth mentioning how weird the table is already. No one has really come out all guns blazing, but the top 5 teams all have a lot of points. This is the first time in top flight history apparently that four teams have all won 7 of their first 9 games.

Look at La Liga for example, played 9 games but the leaders are 5 points behind our leaders and their 5th team is 5 points behind our 5th team.

No one’s in top form but everyone is picking up points, makes it interesting. City’ll still win it of course.
I said the other day that a record points tally will probably be needed to get top four this season, the top teams just aren't dropping points.

tcahill

We have already lost both of our games against top four teams. Keep on believing..

City are miles in front of everyone else, almost guaranteed the league. Liverpool were in the Champions league final just a couple of months ago. These teams are not our rivals, finishing above them would be an truly outstanding result.

Now for our direct rivals (Chelsea, sh*t).

Our defeat to Chelsea could have easily gone either way. If Mkhi and Auba hadn't fluffed their tap-ins it could of been a draw at least. If I recall correctly, two of our current best performing players didn't even start that game (Laca and Torreira).

Everyone is talking down our winning run, saying we haven't beaten anyone significant yet. While this is certainly true, our main rivals are in the same boat. Sh*t's biggest achievement this season is beating a struggling Man U side, while Chelsea's is a 1-1 draw with Liverpool.

We're level on points with these teams, and our goal differences are only two apart. Easily on par.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Everyone is talking down our winning run, saying we haven't beaten anyone significant yet. While this is certainly true

We've beaten all mid-table material we've faced, Leicester, Watford, Everton and West Ham are very good this season and have already gotten points off of our rivals, West Ham should've even won vs. Chelsea etc. These are more than just significant teams, let's see who beats them home and away if they are pushovers. It's a league campaign, every single game is as important, absolutely no reason to think you are in need to do it against the very big boys, beat everybody else and you'll finish very high up the table.

Multipass

The thing is so far we have won every game we would expect to win which is huge. Not something we have done in the past, and in fact not what all our rivals have done. Even man city drew against wolves. The maths is even if we were to lose home and away to man city, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, and Man U (highly unlikely) and win the rest we could still end up with 84 pts and a champions league spot.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
The thing is so far we have won every game we would expect to win which is huge. Not something we have done in the past, and in fact not what all our rivals have done. Even man city drew against wolves. The maths is even if we were to lose home and away to man city, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, and Man U (highly unlikely) and win the rest we could still end up with 84 pts and a champions league spot.
that would be terrible for our confidence, but reassuring none the less

ThlRama

Player:Saka

That's what a successful league campaign is all about for a team not yet ready to go for the title. But what is also interesting is that Emery is more of a cup than a league manager, so we have every reason to be optimistic.

tcahill

We've beaten all mid-table material we've faced, Leicester, Watford, Everton and West Ham are very good this season and have already gotten points off of our rivals, West Ham should've even won vs. Chelsea etc. These are more than just significant teams, let's see who beats them home and away if they are pushovers. It's a league campaign, every single game is as important, absolutely no reason to think you are in need to do it against the very big boys, beat everybody else and you'll finish very high up the table.

Completely agree. Reinforces my point even more. It is worth a mention though, we struggled against Cardiff and Newcastle, who are currently some of the worst performers in the league.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
We have already lost both of our games against top four teams. Keep on believing..
Managers first two games though, doesn't count really. However it's way to early to assume things have changed against better teams. Next year I'd expect much better results than previous years though. If we get them this year I'd be amazed, which I already are to an extent. Wouldn't us to be up there fighting still.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we beat Pool and who are viewed as title challengers then we have to be viewed as a title challenger too. We seem to have the consistency part down, it’s now about how high we can raise the bar for the big ones.

I didn’t watch the Chelsea game but pretty much every arsenal fan has said we should have got something from that and City are the best team in the country by far. So the two losses against the big boys shouldn’t matter, was also at the start of the season.

I don’t think we’ll beat them though, but oh my, if we do I don’t know what I’ll do with myself.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool have become so over rated. Their midfield is ****, Allison has been hugely unimpressive, Van Dijk is good but capable of brain fart like against City and their attack is not going to do what it did last year. I really don't see us behind them at all, never mind as far back as the media would have you believe.
Their midfield isn’t the best but Van Dijk has had what one or two brain farts since he joined? Compare that to all the brilliant performances he’s had, he’s legit. Robertson is excellent too and Joe Gomez is seriously underrated imo. TAA is no slouch either. Allison hasn’t been tested, no idea how good/bad he actually is.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Their midfield isn’t the best but Van Dijk has had what one or two brain farts since he joined? Compare that to all the brilliant performances he’s had, he’s legit. Robertson is excellent too and Joe Gomez is seriously underrated imo. TAA is no slouch either. Allison hasn’t been tested, no idea how good/bad he actually is.
That mistake he made against City told me all you need to know about Van Dijk. He will make rash decisions. I mean, keeping the player away from goal was just basic defending. Allison looks error prone too to me.

I tipped Liverpool to win the league at the start of the season but I thought their new signings, especially the midfielders, would really improve them. I don't think they have. They're not a bad side obviously but there is no logical reason for people to say they're miles ahead of us because they're not. We'll tear them a new arsehole when we play them.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Dont you all feel this season is different im not fearful for us against the BIG teams??

Agreed. We could have beaten Chelsea and the way we are playing now is way ahead of what we were then. Also the City game was closer than the result shows, Laca had a great chance to make it 1-1. I definitely fancy us against Pool but we do have to be at our best for 90 mins, not 45, if we give them chances like we have other teams, they'll punish us.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom