• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Games against utd seems to defy current form, squad quality etc.. Much like the nld. Could go either way.
I always tell my mates that Derby days and games against big rivals often negate form etc. They're special and energetic. There are exceptions of course

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
The Utd match depends on if Pogba and Martial are available, those two players are their entire team.

I don't think it does. We always fold at Old Trafford, doesn't matter whether they play with their strongest line up or with the kids.

I remember us needing to win there when LvG had so many injuries and were in terrible form. We needed to win to get close to Leicester. The day we made Rashford his career.

And don't forget the time Ferguson played Gibson, Fletcher and those Rafael guys in midfield IIRC. We still lost.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We need to beat United. I won't be happy with a draw. Their lineup is going to probably be the worst Man United lineup in the history of the Premier League (considering it will be missing at least 2 of Rashford, Martial and Pogba)

I know form goes out the window in derby's but this should be easy

arsmile

Established Member
after a few games and seeing everyone basically get some game time

it's difficult to argue against us having the third best team in the league

Chelsea and Manunited have got weaker...Sp**s have not strengthened.

We should be finishing third

but we will do too much stupid ****

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Until we see our strongest 11, this top 4 stuff is difficult to call

I’m not sure man, even before a ball was kicked I said top 3 was attainable and I’m now more convinced than ever.

Spuds have a good squad, but there’s problems there. Big problems. The likes of Eriksen and Alderweireld have wanted out for a while, yet remain. Aurier was being forced out but had to be brought back in due to a lack of options. **** knows where Alli’s heads at but he’s been poor for so long- maybe rumours of a Fortnite addiction are true. In any case, Spuds aren’t right and haven’t looked right for a while. They’ve not won in THIRTEEN domestic away matches- they’re struggling badly.

Chelski have some exciting young players, but where it matters on the pitch they’re severely lacking. Zouma, Rudiger, Tomori and Christiensen is a shaky batch of CBs. Tammy Abraham isn’t quite ready for the big time and tbh, tactically Lampard hasn’t shown much flexibility up until this point.

Yanited ... :lol:. Where do I start? Awful midfield, inconsistent attack, average defence, error prone keeper, zero squad depth. It’s over for them. Solsjkaer looks WELL out of his depth too. He has no idea how to influence games when in a losing position, he makes a couple of subs and hopes for the best. They’re terrible.

We can get third. Our last three games against Frankfurt, Villa and Forest, we’ve scored 11 goals and played some decent stuff. I can only hope Emery now sees the attacking potential in this team and focuses more on what we can do rather than how to nullify the opposition. This team has the potential to tear teams apart the way Ajax did last season, with youthful exuberance and flare.

It’s all on Emery- I’ll back him but the football has to improve.

Underhill

Sp**s is really on a horrible form the entire 2019. Sure, they lucked their way into a CL final, but that had so much random luck to it that i almost completely dismiss it.

I went into this season thinking we'd hit 4th. Now i believe (as bad as we have looked) that top3 is doable. I see Chelsea as our main rival for the spot.

zilfy

The next 8 games all look very winnable (except Leicester away).
We should be winning 6 or 7 of those.

We are going to need to create a really big gap between us and 5th before December, cos we could lose alot of points in that horror show 4 or 5 weeks

GoonerBoy19

If we are going to invite teams to attack us like recent games then it's going to be a painfully long season. Every game will depend on how many our forwards score because we will always let the opponent's score. Watford,Villa,United game have set the template, teams now know that we are there for taking.

Manberg

Predator
I’m not sure man, even before a ball was kicked I said top 3 was attainable and I’m now more convinced than ever.

Spuds have a good squad, but there’s problems there. Big problems. The likes of Eriksen and Alderweireld have wanted out for a while, yet remain. Aurier was being forced out but had to be brought back in due to a lack of options. **** knows where Alli’s heads at but he’s been poor for so long- maybe rumours of a Fortnite addiction are true. In any case, Spuds aren’t right and haven’t looked right for a while. They’ve not won in THIRTEEN domestic away matches- they’re struggling badly.

Chelski have some exciting young players, but where it matters on the pitch they’re severely lacking. Zouma, Rudiger, Tomori and Christiensen is a shaky batch of CBs. Tammy Abraham isn’t quite ready for the big time and tbh, tactically Lampard hasn’t shown much flexibility up until this point.

Yanited ... :lol:. Where do I start? Awful midfield, inconsistent attack, average defence, error prone keeper, zero squad depth. It’s over for them. Solsjkaer looks WELL out of his depth too. He has no idea how to influence games when in a losing position, he makes a couple of subs and hopes for the best. They’re terrible.

We can get third. Our last three games against Frankfurt, Villa and Forest, we’ve scored 11 goals and played some decent stuff. I can only hope Emery now sees the attacking potential in this team and focuses more on what we can do rather than how to nullify the opposition. This team has the potential to tear teams apart the way Ajax did last season, with youthful exuberance and flare.

It’s all on Emery- I’ll back him but the football has to improve.

It’s all well and good listing our rivals problems, but you’re ignoring ours. We’re pretty much on a par. Top 4 is going to be a struggle to the finish line.

chessygoal

With Auba and Laca, we have enough quality upfront to win games that we'd have no business winning otherwise. It's the only difference between us and teams like Man Utd, Leicester West Ham etc.
As long as these two guys are fit and scoring, we'll be fine for top 4.

Manberg

Predator
With Auba and Laca, we have enough quality upfront to win games that we'd have no business winning otherwise. It's the only difference between us and teams like Man Utd, Leicester West Ham etc.
As long as these two guys are fit and scoring, we'll be fine for top 4.

How can you think it’s that simple? Auba didn’t win us the game yesterday or at Watford he got us draws.
We have to finish above Sp**s and Chelsea to get top 4. It’s not “fine” it will be a struggle just like last season. We’ll struggle to get wins against mid table teams and that’s what it will come down to again.

chessygoal

How can you think it’s that simple? Auba didn’t win us the game yesterday or at Watford he got us draws.
We have to finish above Sp**s and Chelsea to get top 4. It’s not “fine” it will be a struggle just like last season. We’ll struggle to get wins against mid table teams and that’s what it will come down to again.
Sp**s and Chelsea are as **** as we are.
I assume that we are going to get better defensively over time, we show the first signs yesterday with a more balanced 433. Getting Bellerin, Holding, Tierney in the rotation will be huge for our defensive balance.
So I expect a lot of scrappy wins, but don't get me wrong, I don't expect us to play great football, I gave up on that.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It’s all well and good listing our rivals problems, but you’re ignoring ours. We’re pretty much on a par. Top 4 is going to be a struggle to the finish line.

We’re better than Chelski and Spuds. I think we have deeper squads too. I listed our rival’s problems because a lot seem to think we’re playing catch-up but in reality we aren’t.

Pressure is on Emery. I’ve full faith in our squad but not much in our management.

GoonerBoy19

Chelsea aren't that bad as people are suggesting here. They have a very inexperienced and young squad and hence there are ups and downs. But they are playing lot better than us. Apart from top 2 rest all are almost in same category. Let's hope they keep dropping points as I am not confident on us winning week in week out.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We’re better than Chelski and Spuds. I think we have deeper squads too. I listed our rival’s problems because a lot seem to think we’re playing catch-up but in reality we aren’t.

Pressure is on Emery. I’ve full faith in our squad but not much in our management.

Mate our squad is paper thin, we’re having to play raw teenagers in big games because we have no depth.

Sp**s have an experience squad and they’ve added NDombele, Sessegnon and Lo Celso to it.

Chelsea have so many options now all over the pitch. In midfield when everyone’s fit they can pick from Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, RLC, Barkley, Mount, Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi.

Right now I can’t look at any game and feel confident we’re going to win.

Top Bottom