• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

samshere

Why so serieuse?
you are right...a club may spend a season or two rebuilding towards an eventual league title challenge or CL challenge. Lets hope thats what we are now.
I think we were in the race when Leicester won it? Thats three years ago. We had a managerial change in the intervening years. And with the form that City are in, I don't see these years as wasted, because face it we won't have come close to winning it even if everything went right for us.
I think we'll be able to challenge in the next couple of years. But winning it will entirely depend on if City decide to take a break.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
I think we were in the race when Leicester won it? Thats three years ago. We had a managerial change in the intervening years. And with the form that City are in, I don't see these years as wasted, because face it we won't have come close to winning it even if everything went right for us.
I think we'll be able to challenge in the next couple of years. But winning it will entirely depend on if City decide to take a break.

i agree. we came close ( screw the referees) in that year and we believed. I am okay if we dont win it...but at least we should start every season believing we can win it and going for it. The intent is enough.

Uncle Good-Advice

We're a big club because we have pull, a massive history, a brand that is known world wide, an elite stadium, a trophy room full from years of winning, or at least winning something each decade.
Exactly. I think that our brand awareness is like third or fourth in the world and that alone makes us really a powerhouse. Whatever continent or country you go you will find a lot of people with a cannon on their shirts. Probably only penguins in Antarctica don't wear those.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Exactly. I think that our brand awareness is like third or fourth in the world and that alone makes us really a powerhouse. Whatever continent or country you go you will find a lot of people with a cannon on their shirts. Probably only penguins in Antarctica don't wear those.
But what if those people you see just like cannons a lot.

baccy_man

Established Member
I have just been reading this interview with Martin Keown, It would be good for the club if we could get ex players like him to come back to the club and coach the players how to defend again,
You get the impression that he left the club because he was not a yes man to Arsène Wenger, i don't think it helped the club having people like Steve Bould, that went along with the way that Arsène, let the defence suffer in his later years at the club,
lets hope that we continue to see a change under Unai Emery in the defensive area.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...rtant-for-arsenals-identity-says-martin-keown

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I have just been reading this interview with Martin Keown, It would be good for the club if we could get ex players like him to come back to the club and coach the players how to defend again,
You get the impression that he left the club because he was not a yes man to Arsène Wenger, i don't think it helped the club having people like Steve Bould, that went along with the way that Arsène, let the defence suffer in his later years at the club,
lets hope that we continue to see a change under Unai Emery in the defensive area.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...rtant-for-arsenals-identity-says-martin-keown
I wish Keown had named the defender with the fragile confidence. Wenger was a bit too holistic in his approach sometimes which was great for the player as a person but didn't help some improve. Having said that, Emery was working on body shape and all sorts last season and we were still defensively poor with certain defenders showing no improvement at all. Sometimes a p kik layer is just poor but at least we're getting players in who will give the manager something to work with.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
i think last season laid all those myths about our coaching and mentality and injuries to rest.

We had one of the best technical and diligent coaches in charge and after one year of coaching and gesticulating on the sidelines and ruthless player management, we ended up in a bunch of must win league games and a Europa final, with our defence rolling over and playing dead and our attack not able to punch their way through cardboard.

The one player who was carefully nurtured and developed throughout the season, didnt even make the starting 11 in the europa final.

So finally a bell lit up in the heads of the board, and they spent about a 100 m quid and told emery to focus on the basic coaching, while Freddie, Raul and Edu were given the job of managing the club, players and Emery, preventing him from going out and spending all the money on Ever Banega or something.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
i think last season laid all those myths about our coaching and mentality and injuries to rest.

We had one of the best technical and diligent coaches in charge and after one year of coaching and gesticulating on the sidelines and ruthless player management, we ended up in a bunch of must win league games and a Europa final, with our defence rolling over and playing dead and our attack not able to punch their way through cardboard.

The one player who was carefully nurtured and developed throughout the season, didnt even make the starting 11 in the europa final.

So finally a bell lit up in the heads of the board, and they spent about a 100 m quid and told emery to focus on the basic coaching, while Freddie, Raul and Edu were given the job of managing the club, players and Emery, preventing him from going out and spending all the money of Ever Banega or something.
Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ridiculous logic being used here. The player was not necessarily nurtured for that final and in fact it appears the grooming and development is for a forward looking plan that encompasses the summer we just had as well as our push for top 4 this season.

Emery, preventing him from going out and spending all the money on Ever Banega or something.
Do you have anything to back this up?
Seems quite clear that whether we got Emery, Arteta or Santa Claus as our manager the structure behind the scenes was going to change nonetheless. It has squat to do with Emery being the manager and everything to do with handling a massive transition we're going through.

Smail

I know we are not going to challenge this season, but I really want us to surpass the 80 point mark for a change. I've had it wit 70+ finishes

Latest posts+

Top Bottom