Premier League 2019/20: A Return to Top 4 or (U)nai on Impossible?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 8, 2019.

?

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

1. 1st

7.0%
  2. 2nd

5.6%
  3. 3rd

40.2%
  4. 4th

34.1%
  5. 5th/6th

10.7%
  6. 7th or lower

2.3%
  1. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Active Member

That's because I don't believe Liverpool win titles and Man City are still favourites in my opinion.

I don't think we're ready to challenge for the league nowhere near ready, but being only 1 point behind City is a good position to be in at this stage.

2. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Being a point behind City is good. If we keep playing like this (i.e. hanging on for dear life vs Bournemouth at home) we have to hope the rest of the clubs **** up too. Cause then we aren't going to make it on our own.

#254 and BigPoppaPump like this.
  3. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic but did anyone get tickets for the cup game against Liverpool? There's no thread on it yet!

Mark Tobias likes this.
  4. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Apparently we've never won at Sheffield in the league. No pressure Unai.

5. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Yeah, we even managed to lose away to a dreadful Sheffield side in 2006.....this one is well drilled, I think it'll be quite tough.

6. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Don't want to be picky but can we add the United? There is two teams in Sheffield. It's like calling Man Utd Manchester.

Mark Tobias and Rex Banner like this.
  7. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Feel for Wednesday tbh.

Haven’t been in the PL for years and now overshadowed by their arch rivals, their ground is synonymous with one of the worst footballing disasters in English history and top ***** Drake stole their logo for his clothing line.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Mark Tobias likes this.
  8. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Drake thinks he's bigger than Paul Mccartney, dickhead.

They'll get another crack soon. Hovering about the play offs for a while now. Also, they did have a good win against a team that shall remain nameless in the league cup a few years ago. It's not all bad.

Rex Banner likes this.
  9. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

Wish they were back in the league along with Forest tbh. They both seem like proper top flight clubs to me.

Still struggle to see the likes of Bournemouth and Burnley as true PL clubs.

Mark Tobias and Iceman10 like this.
  10. Manberg

Manberg Well-Known Member

I predict a maximum of 6 away wins in the league. Can't get top 4 with this sort of away form and there's no sign that it will change.

11. Krevsnih

Krevsnih Member

Just wish we could find the best 11,and stick with it for a while. No wonder the players cant find each other on the pitch. 5 games at least with the same 11, they are paid to play football. Aand, this would Emery like, Liverpool allways play the same 11.

12. NZgunner

NZgunner Active Member

I agree in terms of league fixtures as you obviously don't want to wear out your best players in the league cup or europa league.

Unfortunately though it doesn't appear as though Emery knows what his best 11 is, and defaults to whoever tried hardest at training.

The midfield is absolutely hopeless at the moment - it doesn't effectively support either defence or attack. I'd take a gamble and try and build it around Cellabos for half a dozen games.

Krevsnih likes this.
  13. Riou

Riou Well-Known Member

Feel we will get 6th atm.

14. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Its just not good enough think we have a squad who should be challenging top 4 at minimum. but me thinks we will finish 6th yes.

15. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

:lol: thread title

16. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

I'm very disappointed. I feel we've strengthened our squad and we should be good enough, but we're not. In recent games our attack has been weak and our defence only marginally improved. Without a dramatic improvement in our play we're not making the top four.

17. SevenOfClubs

SevenOfClubs New Member

a return to top 4 or unaitenable would've been a better title for the thread

Mark Tobias likes this.
  18. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Truth is on current form Leicester are well ahead of us and we're basically fighting for fourth with chelsea and Sp**s. Neither of whom we'll better over a season. Still loads to be played though

19. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

I'm still hopeful that our form might turn around in the second half once Tierney and Bellerin are integrated.

20. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Even if we do manager 4th it Will not be because we are actually Good, the others are just worse

Artisan likes this.