• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mpower2540

I’d say Chelsea are the bigger problem than Leicester. Been seriously impressed with them tonight. Matched the opposition physically then imposed their game. They’ve got pace, power, invention and dare I say a manager that seems to know what he’s doing (I quite like the guy too). So many people willing to drive with the ball it’s just a question with such a young team they can keep consistent.

say yes

forum master baiter
Changed my vote to 5/6th because I've realised that Emery is probably a bum.

Think it will be tight but impossible to fancy us over Chelsea and Leicester at the moment, while Sp**s still have more than enough quality and experience to turn their dip around.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Tbf Leicester have a more balanced first eleven than us but losing out on a CL spot to a team who lost their best player (Eden Hazard) and couldn't replace him due to the transfer ban is a complete disaster.

The club should do the right thing and sack Emery whilst a CL spot is still attainable. A few bad results and Chelsea strengthening in January will force Emery to gamble and go all in for the Europa League.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think we need a serious rethink on transfer policy about signing foreign talent vs talent already playing in British football. We tend to be like "he plays for Newcastle he's ****, not good enough for Arsenal", clearly we're very wrong. It's what works very well for Liverpool and for Leicester.
Why complicate football so much? Just sign good players. We tried for Zaha anyway and they wanted 100M.

Most of Leicester are youth and overseas signings. Only Perez is signed from a PL club I think.

GDeep™

League is very weak
People bring up Liverpool, but Fabinho, Allison, Salah, Matip are foreign signings, Trent was youth, Henderson and Milner were pre Klopp . It’s only Mane, Wijnaldum, Robertson and Van Dijk who were signed within the PL from Klopp. 3/4 of those are superb players.

It has nothing to do with PL or foreign signings, it’s about quality signings.

mpower2540

Changed my vote to 5/6th because I've realised that Emery is probably a bum.

Think it will be tight but impossible to fancy us over Chelsea and Leicester at the moment, while Sp**s still have more than enough quality and experience to turn their dip around.

Think Sp**s have maxed themselves out tbh. Vertonghen, Alderweirweld and Rose are well past their best, Sissoko is their most solid right back........still haven’t replaced Moussa Dembele (Dier is garbage and I’m really not sold on winks) Ndombele is promising but hasn’t set the world alight. Son is their main man imo but there’s better sides than them right now for top 4

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Chelsea were blowing a 2-0 lead at home to Sheffield Utd and celebrating a loss to Liverpool not long ago. Wouldn't be going overboard on them just yet.

mpower2540

Chelsea were blowing a 2-0 lead at home to Sheffield Utd and celebrating a loss to Liverpool not long ago. Wouldn't be going overboard on them just yet.
They gassed in the 2nd half against Leicester too but the mix of youth and quality that they have probably breeds inconsistencies. I just think if/when they get it together and add to it they’re gonna be a real problem

GDeep™

League is very weak
This forum has been celebrating losses and draws to City, Utd and Sp**s since Emery got here.

Emery got credit for parking the bus at home to City while we were losing. Got credit for losing to Liverpool this season, credit for not beating Sp**s at home, credit for not beating the worst Utd team in 30 years etc.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Think Sp**s have maxed themselves out tbh. Vertonghen, Alderweirweld and Rose are well past their best, Sissoko is their most solid right back........still haven’t replaced Moussa Dembele (Dier is garbage and I’m really not sold on winks) Ndombele is promising but hasn’t set the world alight. Son is their main man imo but there’s better sides than them right now for top 4
Sp**s are done. Poch has lost the dressing room a long time ago.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
This forum has been celebrating losses and draws to City, Utd and Sp**s since Emery got here.

Emery got credit for parking the bus at home to City while we were losing. Got credit for losing to Liverpool this season, credit for not beating Sp**s at home, credit for not beating the worst Utd team in 30 years etc.
None of that is true.

Manberg

Predator
People bring up Liverpool, but Fabinho, Allison, Salah, Matip are foreign signings, Trent was youth, Henderson and Milner were pre Klopp . It’s only Mane, Wijnaldum, Robertson and Van Dijk who were signed within the PL from Klopp. 3/4 of those are superb players.

It has nothing to do with PL or foreign signings, it’s about quality signings.

You just listed 4 of their very best players. Why were we not going after any of them? Surely we could've outbid Pool. Imagine if we got Van Dijk.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You just listed 4 of their very best players. Why were we not going after any of them? Surely we could've outbid Pool. Imagine if we got Van Dijk.
Liverpool signed them because they were the best options, not because they were British based.

Why didn’t we sign them? Who knows.

Also, why speak about the 4 good signings and not the bad signings like Downing, Carrol, Benteke, Clyde, Lovren, Mignolet...

Manberg

Predator
Liverpool signed them because they were the best options, not because they were British based.

Why didn’t we sign them? Who knows.

Also, why speak about the 4 good signings and not the bad signings like Downing, Carrol, Benteke, Clyde, Lovren, Mignolet...

I'll tell you. It's because of a foreign bias. The scouts focus their efforts on foreign leagues, and the fans scuff at UK based players. I could go through many examples where we signed fringe foreign players where we could've got similar players from the premier league for a similar price.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think it’s about going overboard with Chelsea, I really can’t see us getting top 4 with Emery as our manager.

Plus Chelsea have a lot more going for them at the moment than us with the style of football they’ve been playing and the January transfer window two months away, I’m sure they’ll strengthen. Lampard has already confirmed that they’ll be active in the January window and apparently they want Timo Werner in January.

Emery screwed our chances of getting top 4 with that final run of games, he also lost to a Maurizio Sarri team that was disjointed in the final. It wouldn’t surprise me if he bottles it and we finish behind Chelsea and Leicester.

Reactions: A_G

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'll tell you. It's because of a foreign bias. The scouts focus their efforts on foreign leagues, and the fans scuff at UK based players. I could go through many examples where we signed fringe foreign players where we could've got similar players from the premier league for a similar price.

Like everything else in life, it’s about money. Why pay big money for a PL player, when you can try and “beat the market” by finding the next Kante, Ndidi, Salah, Gueye, Doucoure, Mahrez - which I understand.

Look at Leicester, sold Maguire and he’s replaced by Soyuncu who they signed last year. They wanted Dunk from Brighton but were quoted 45-50M which is crazy.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom