Premier League 2019/20: A Return to Top 4 or (U)nai on Impossible?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 8, 2019.

?

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

1. 1st

7.0%
  2. 2nd

5.6%
  3. 3rd

40.2%
  4. 4th

34.1%
  5. 5th/6th

10.7%
  6. 7th or lower

2.3%
  1. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Title challenge

ASIF likes this.
  2. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

4-th,but it won't be easy and pressure will be on Emery.This is a crucial season for him.

We have better squad than Chelsea and United.We need better away form and not to lose against small teams and play good against teams like Lecetser,Wolves,Everton and WHU.

3. Notorious Big

Notorious Big Stuck in the friend zone

Think that Leciester and WHU can do better than last season.Rodgers is good manager and they have some quality players,their style of football is tricky for most teams.As for WHU,if they play better against smaller teams,they can in fight for Europe.

Agree,for Wolves and Everton.Wolves will have Europe and i dobut that they will repeat last season and Everton always missing something in recent seasons.

4. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

Fourth. But I wouldn't be surprised if we push very close for 3rd.

5. Underhill

Underhill Active Member

We should be favourites for 4th. I think Sp**s did enough in this window to be ahead of us, but we have distanced ourselves from Chelsea(unless their academy players have insane breakthroughs) and United.

Iceman10 likes this.
  6. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Third. Nothing less.

DasBootist and ThlRama like this.
  7. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

If we don't get back in the Champions League I see Emery getting the sack.

8. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

No sh*t, handsome.

Camron, Tourbillion, ASIF and 5 others like this.
  9. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

I deserve that.

10. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Squad:

Leno
    Martinez

Bellerin
    Maitland-Niles
    Holding
    Chambers
    Luiz
    Sokratis
    Mavropanos
    Monreal
    Kolasinac
    Tierney

Torreira
    Xhaka
    Willock
    Guendouzi
    Smith-Rowe
    Ceballos
    Özil

Saka
    Nelson
    Pepe
    Martinelli
    Lacazette
    Aubameyang
    Mkhitaryan

Expect Elneny and Mustafi to be sold.

11. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

Up to Emery now imo. The margins are small of course but still, not making top 4 with thosea players is a failure. Only some major injury crisis would be somewhat acceptable excuse.

12. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Emery will deserve to be sacked if we don’t make top 4. Our competition for 4th has ****ter starting XIs and they’re managed by novices. No excuses.

13. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

We’ve kind of been given 4th by default but things never work out as they seem. I’m quietly confident but I wouldn’t go screaming top 4 from the rooftops.

We need to hope that no weird new manager/underdog effect happens at United and Chelsea. Very unlikely but I’ve seen stranger things happen.

Then we need to actually hope that our new signings gel. Assimilating four new starters is no easy feat, and guys like Tierney and Ceballos will really have to hit the ground running.

Lastly we really need to scrape some wins until Bellerin and Tierney are ready. They’re vital to Emery’s playstyle and the current players in those positions unfortunately happen to be huge liabilities.

SA Gunner likes this.
  14. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

I have voted third. I think we should do better than Man United and Chelsea. Chelsea does have some good youngsters coming back in, but they will take time to gel. Curious to see how Pulisic will do. United is still shambles in midfield and attack, so that should be fine.

I think Sp**s had a comparable summer to us, although we spread it out more and they got two massive signings. I do think they were quite fortunate last season and I don't know if they can emulate that form again. We were piss poor for a large part of the season and only trailed by one point.

At the same time, all our signings were rather late in the window, so it will take time for us to get going. Also, pretty much our entire first choice backline is currently injured. If we can do reasonably well in the first few months, I think we can beat them to third (injuries permitting).

I'm very optimistic at the moment.

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Of course our target should be getting top 4 i don't think will be easy we have better squad yeah but it depend on our players to perform and start playing well away from home this is the vital part if we get better away we'll 90% finish 3rd at least.

16. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Think Sp**s backline looks weak, expect us to battle (and win) for 3rd. Chelsea not a chance, united 5th

17. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

The club have backed Emery no excuses imo

SA Gunner likes this.
  18. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Will be difficult. We didnt address many of our issues. The defense will cost us again of we fail.

Im hoping for us tp slide into top4 by point or a two this season.

19. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

And agree about Emery we supported him and get him good players if he failed to get 4 or win europa league to get us back to CL Raul and Edu should not renew his contract.

20. mavelous

mavelous Well-Known Member Trusted

At some we have to stop blaming individuals, refs or injuries, and get some lasting solutions in to fix the defense.

Offense is best form of defense and all that. But still, better communication within the lines for starters. Like when to track runners, when to keep a high line.

Let,s hope for calmer defenders and and injury free season. Rotation should help.