• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20 Gameweek 2

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Not that it's much of a consolation but I suspect that pen gets given 10 out of 10 times without VAR.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

That was a clear penalty. Coady didn't even argue knowing that he fouled him. That was nowhere near a dive.
It's not a pen I think, but it's in line with how they've been refereeing for years now. In these kind of situations the pen is nearly always given.

blaze_of_glory

Bollocks. If you've been hard done, you don't think like that. You react in the heat of the moment. You don't think about TV, ffs. Coady looked guilty as sin.
I've just VAR'ed this line of thinking, and you're right. But my review concluded that the play should have been VAR'd regardless.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That was a clear penalty. Coady didn't even argue knowing that he fouled him. That was nowhere near a dive.
Did you see contact? I stand corrected if an angle shows there was. Again, though, the reaction means nothing. When was the last time an argument got a decision overturned?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Why does a disciplined reaction by the Wolves players have to be more telling than the actual video evidence? :lol:
Are you telling me they'd just accept it if it was a dive? Of course they wouldn't. It was penalty, that's all there was to it which he ****ing missed anyway so who gives a ****.

Manberg

Predator
Bollocks. If you've been hard done, you don't think like that. You react in the heat of the moment. You don't think about TV, ffs. Coady looked guilty as sin.

Footballers should focus on the football, var should mean footballers don't have to act like prima donnas and argue with the ref all the time.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Are you telling me they'd just accept it if it was a dive? Of course they wouldn't. It was penalty, that's all there was to it which he ****ing missed anyway so who gives a ****.
You're that bloke that has paid every unlawful fine given to him by every ****house parking attendant to this day, aren't you? I know you don't drive, but the point stands.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Alright, so this clear and obvious thing that everyone keeps harping about, that isn't for offsides. That penalty shout, the ref awarded the penalty, VAR would quickly look to see if it needs a review. That is to say if there was a clear and obvious mistake from the ref, there wasn't one. I saw the replay once and it was clear as day that it was a penalty.

Top Bottom