• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20 Gameweek 6

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Lewandowski or Aguero?

Maybe 2015 Lewandowski. Still I'd back Kane to create chances for himself more than I would Lewandowski. Also Lewandowski isn't really a big game performer whereas Kane is almost the definition of a big game player. Aguero is fair enough but I'd still have Kane given the choice.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Maybe 2015 Lewandowski. Still I'd back Kane to create chances for himself more than I would Lewandowski. Also Lewandowski isn't really a big game performer whereas Kane is almost the definition of a big game player. Aguero is fair enough but I'd still have Kane given the choice.

Is Kane a big game performer though? Sp**s made the CL final without him even playing and when he did play in it he was atrocious.

Also missed two easy chances in the World Cup semi final, did nothing in the 2018 FA Cup semi final against Utd, second leg against Juve that year as well.

If there’s no penalties, he’ll do f*ck all for them. Not even Sp**s second best player imo. Son and Eriksen are levels ahead.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Is Kane a big game performer though? Sp**s made the CL final without him even playing and when he did play in it he was atrocious.

Also missed two easy chances in the World Cup semi final, did nothing in the 2018 FA Cup semi final against Utd, second leg against Juve that year as well.

If there’s no penalties, he’ll do f*ck all for him. Not even Sp**s second best player imo. Son and Eriksen are levels ahead.

Well football is also a team game, Sp**s didn't play well at all in the final, Liverpool were in such control.

World cup semi-final, fair enough he was top scorer in the tournament however. Again tho England were pretty dreadful in that game as I remember. Croatia were in complete control. The miss I also think is a bit overrated in terms of him passing it on to Sterling, you don't become an elite level striker without instinctively shooting in those types of situations.

I don't really remember the FA Cup semi-final, the 2nd leg vs Juve was an Allegri masterclass. Sp**s got the lead and were holding on before Juve got a quick 1-2 and then Sp**s didn't have a sniff.

Kane has a whole list of games where he has performed though.
14/15 scores 2 vs both Chelsea and Arsenal, also scores vs Liverpool. 15/16 scores vs City twice, vs Arsenal twice, vs Liverpool, vs Chelsea, vs Germany in Germany.
16/17 scores vs Arsenal, Monaco (the one which won the title), Chelsea, Arsenal at home, United, Scotland in a world cup qualifier.
17/18 twice vs Dortmund, twice vs Liverpool, again vs Dortmund, again vs Liverpool, the winner vs Arsenal, vs Juve in Turin and then 6 goals in the world cup.
18/19 vs United, vs Barca, vs Chelsea, vs Arsenal, vs Arsenal again, vs Dortmund.

I'm not sure if there's any striker over the last 5 years who's got as many goals in big games. I count that 38 goals in 5 seasons in perceived big games/games vs top opposition/tournament football for England. If that isn't a big game striker then I don't know what is.

I've spent quite a bit of time searching for all this so I'm not gonna do the same for Lewandowski but I suspect it doesn't match up.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom