Premier League 2019/20 Gameweek 6

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by rich 1990, Sep 20, 2019.

1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Our signings under Sven and this window have been very questionable tbf. It has maybe put us back a few years in our quest for PL trophy.

2. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Pundit : what does Maddison have to do to get the England shirt from Southgate?

Joe Cole: just give him the shirt

People like Joe Cole need to be part of the England set up.

3. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Yup
    https://www.90min.com/fr/posts/6084...rsenal-have-held-concrete-talks-over-defender

Furious likes this.
  4. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

It's somewhat of a similar case to Luiz/Upamecano imo.

We probably wanted both. But ended up signing the experienced one instead given how much the younger one cost. In these scenarios I don't blame the club for going with experience.

OnlyOne likes this.
  5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Just seen this. Still can’t believe we missed out on that gem. I reiterate I’m a very strong poster, rarely wrong.

Furious likes this.
  6. OnlyOne

Neither, people also assume we’ll get him in Jan and have a pairing of Saliba and Upa next year, as good as they could be 0 PL games and aged what 21 and 19?

Luiz and Holding next year probably.

Furious likes this.
  7. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

btw, @yousif_arsenal, I consider Son to be a good player, but I do think Sp**s can look back at some chances where Kane should have done better and also regarding Son, he will have to be a little careful, imo, because at times in this one it seemed to me that his eyes only seemed to be on goal and not so much on teamwork and linking up / teeing up of other players where that was perhaps a better option.

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Compare this to how our bum manager started against Sp**s?

9. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Söyüncü cost twice the money Sokratis did and he had a horrible, horrible first season at Leicester. Pretty clear Arsenal wanted someone a) cheaper and b) established and experienced to reinforce the backline, which made sense at the time given Koscielny's age and injury woes.

Iceman10 and OnlyOne like this.
  10. OnlyOne

Yeah ofc, I’m not arguing the decision. It was correct.

Iceman10 and Toby Andrl like this.
  11. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

In fact it was because of Mislintat that we were interested in the first place :lol:

Someone then must've suggested a more experienced option (and cheaper) so he went for Sokratis. At the end of the day, Mislintat was just a head scout, he couldn't sign the players he wanted. That's why he wanted to become Technical Director.

12. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Did he even play for the first team at all last season? Can't remember a single game.

13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

We were outplaying Sp**s until Sokratis made mistake ww created many chances against them and its unfair that ended with 2-2

14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

So unfair and unlucky?

15. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Pre-season predictions for Kevin De Bruyne being PL best player look good. Outstanding quality.

16. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

City already 2:0 after 6 minutes against Watford.

17. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

Looks like Watford aren't the prime Barcelona we made them look last week.

Artisan likes this.
  18. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

Farg Man City playing a blinder against world class Watford

19. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

City finished Watford of within 6 minutes, make me more mad about last weeks performance

20. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Watford are dreadful really.