• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20 Gameweek 7

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is this a call against Liverpool being the greater "evil"?
Goes without saying, although them winning the CL has made the thought of them winning the league slightly less nauseating in a strange way. I think it's called 'acceptance'!

Iceman10

Established Member
Pool will win the league comfortably. City are struggling a bit on both ends of the pitch against Everton. Pep's got his excuses out regarding not having money to buy CB's. Pep will leave City at some point and Pool are going to dominate English football. We're doomed.

I still think it will end up as being a test on a week by week basis for Liverpool to pass once it gets to March/April when the pressure will really ramp up on them having not won the PL in a long time. I just don't think they'll run away with it. Virtually every team in PL history has had a slight dip here or there during the long season.

Iceman10

Established Member
Goes without saying, although them winning the CL has made the thought of them winning the league slightly less nauseating in a strange way. I think it's called 'acceptance'!

Have to say I don't have that same feeling Liverpool vs. City, although I know I should. Some of it I think is because I consider Pep to be slightly overrated and want him exposed somewhat (a bad thought to have, I know).

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Have to say I don't have that same feeling Liverpool vs. City, although I know I should. Some of it I think is because I consider Pep to be slightly overrated and want him exposed somewhat (a bad thought to have, I know).
:lol: Im at the other end, where I think he's great and deserves another CL!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Doesn't feel like City's titles really count anyway. They were just an ordinary club, never even a regular PL team, but they just activated a lot of cheat codes. Hardly admirable or memorable compared to other era's.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Would it really be an exposure if City narrowly miss out on the title to Liverpool tho? I mean they've got 198 points in two season, first manager to retain the title in a decade, will probably get over 90 points again this season regardless of who wins the league. If anything it shows he's a victim of the standards he's setting if failing to win the league means he's been exposed. He's also won 5 out of 6 domestic trophies in the last 2 years.

In his first year it was "look Pep can't win the PL his way what a fraud". Then he won it with 100 points, then he retained it with 98 points as part of a domestic treble. Exposed? I'm not sure, winning 3 in a row was always gonna be a tall ask. It's such a rarity that it happens. Mourinho never managed it, Wenger didn't even get 2 in a row. Benitez couldn't win 1 with Liverpool. Neither of the two previous City managers did with while City were still spending millions. Heck the great Liverpool teams of the 70's and 80's only managed to do it once for all their dominance.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom